Appliances

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Appliances

Post by SteveO »

I was pricing out the kitchen appliances and was just curious if anyone had any suggestions on where to try for decent prices/service.

I'm pretty certain I won't be buying them from any BestBuy type of store either. Do they even have any leeway to bargain??

I'm looking to buy a double oven, dishwasher, microwave, refridgerator, cooktop, and built-in wine fridge.

I shot off an email to Goedeker's to get a price quote but didn't know if there's any other mom and pop type store you think would be willing to match prices or offer better service, etc.

Thanks in advance!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Appliances

Post by goon attack »

Best Buy for the best overall prices.

otherwise, try Scam's or better yet...craigslist for teh ultimate bargain.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Don't listen to goon. Best Buy has mostly crap.

Go gab it up with a sales person who speciallizes in this stuff. You can get a price quote via email, but the last time I checked a price tag doesn't cook a mean lasagna and then clean the dishes without spots afterwards. As with anything, in order to get price quote in ultimate good faith you will need to supply a lot of information to narrow down your options for your specific goals and features so that you get the absolute best options to choose from to make a great decision. Write out your budget, write out your goals and features (nobs and gadgets down to the warranty and maintanence), write out your questions and concerns and then go talk to someone who does this stuff for a living.

If any ole piece of junk will work, go to Best Buy.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

marco wrote:Don't listen to goon. Best Buy has mostly crap.

Yes LG, maytag, GE.....all crap brands.

:roll:

I guess he should go to plaza frontenac to purchase some appliances, maybe go to the Viking Store and drop 7 grand on a stove....

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

goon attack wrote:

I guess he should go to plaza frontenac to purchase some appliances, maybe go to the Viking Store and drop 7 grand on a stove....

Do you know his budget? Are you an appliance expert, or do you just like them because they look pretty?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

marco wrote: Do you know his budget? Are you an appliance expert, or do you just like them because they look pretty?
From personal experience I know that decent, fair-priced appliances can be purchased at Best Buy.

And no, I don't know his budget but from personal experience I know that people usually want a good deal.

Where do you suggest he goes? To a mom and pop joint so he can pay more than he would at places like Best Buy or Sears?

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

goon attack wrote:

Well I priced a few things off Best Buy's site and they were considerably higher than my current complete quote (by almost 2k.) I'm really not concerned with any financing "deals" because I won't need it.

I just didn't know if BestBuy or similar stores have wiggle room to make the sale. Guess I'll have to hit the pavement and find out for myself because they carry everything I've priced so far. I went to Goedeker's a few months back and man... talk about a semi-hard sell. I'm not a fan of the used car salesman style and that's the vibe I got there. Maybe I just had a piss poor salesman.

*** My budget's 5-6k.
Last edited by SteveO on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Prngr44 wrote:
goon attack wrote:

Well I priced a few things off Best Buy's site and they were considerably higher than my current complete quote (by almost 2k.) I'm really not concerned with any financing "deals" because I won't need it.

I just didn't know if BestBuy or similar stores have wiggle room to make the sale. Guess I'll have to hit the pavement and find out for myself because they carry everything I've priced so far. I went to Goedeker's a few months back and man... talk about a semi-hard sell. I'm not a fan of the used car salesman style and that's the vibe I got there. Maybe I just had a piss poor salesman.
current complete quote from where?

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

goon attack wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
goon attack wrote:

current complete quote from where?
A place in Ballwin called AdMark Products.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

well, cool. I've never gone that route. I've either purchased from private parties or shopped at Best Buy or Sears.

good luck.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Prngr44 wrote:
goon attack wrote:

*** My budget's 5-6k.
Goedeker's is a hard sell usually. They'll want you to buy before they want to find out what all is involved. I would say when you have what you want picked out and it comes down to price, it comes down to who has the most flexibility to move their margins. I would suspect, all though I do not absolutely know, that the floor manager at Best Buy has less leeway to move his prices than does a small business owner. When it comes to buy or walk, a smart salesperson/sales manager will cut their margins and make the sale. And in the end, if you're absolutely sure you're getting the same exact thing at two different places you'll buy from the cheaper of the two obviously, even if the sales guy is a little "off."

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

At the "Best Buy" places, you can generally talk them down 10-15% off the tag price. That can be done on anything in the store other than CD's and DVD's.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Guppy wrote:At the "Best Buy" places, you can generally talk them down 10-15% off the tag price. That can be done on anything in the store other than CD's and DVD's.
I bet Captain Kirk could get them down 50% or more!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

marco wrote:
Guppy wrote:At the "Best Buy" places, you can generally talk them down 10-15% off the tag price. That can be done on anything in the store other than CD's and DVD's.
Yeah but he would never buy there because they have crap.

:lol:

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

goon attack wrote:
marco wrote:

get over it, cry baby.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

marco wrote:
goon attack wrote:
marco wrote:

get over it, cry baby.
Is maytag, GE, and LG really crap?

Seriously.

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

GE makes shitty lightbulbs. I can swear to that much. They last like 3 weeks.

Also, The Tonight Show kind of sucks.
_____ _ _

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

My wife and I just bought a new washer and dryer from Sears. We found the pair at Best Buy, then went to sears.

Sears will price match and take an additional 10% off. Search for the lowest price, then try them first. We ended up getting a Whirlpool Duet front load washer and dryer, $800 for the pair when it was all said and done. That included tax, set up, and delivery.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

goon attack wrote:
marco wrote:
goon attack wrote:
marco wrote:

get over it, cry baby.
Is maytag, GE, and LG really crap?

Seriously.
Actually, most consumer reports do list LG as one of the worst for appliances. The problem is LG does not allow stores and repair shops to stock spare parts for their products. So if a LG product breaks down, you have to wait for the part to be shipped from overseas. For that reason alone many appliance repairmen won't even touch LG.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Good to know.

message boards rule!

8)