RIAA at it again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Postby goon attack » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:16 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote: Why the hell is it illegal for me to enjoy my own music that I legally purchased in a way I see fit?

It's not. Have a cock and relax.

I wasn't being absolutely politically correct- forgive me oh anal one.

Here's the smart-ass-proof version.

"I do not see the logic in a judge ruling in favor of the RIAA that would push to make it illegal for individuals to purchase music legally on a compact disc or other method of music storage and then restrict the use thereof of said music; in this instance, the transfer of this music to a computer hard drive or media player on said device."

You understand me now?

What I do understand is that a judge has not ruled that way.

Or did I miss that somewhere?
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby WaukeeBlues » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:58 pm

goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote: Why the hell is it illegal for me to enjoy my own music that I legally purchased in a way I see fit?

It's not. Have a cock and relax.

I wasn't being absolutely politically correct- forgive me oh anal one.

Here's the smart-ass-proof version.

"I do not see the logic in a judge ruling in favor of the RIAA that would push to make it illegal for individuals to purchase music legally on a compact disc or other method of music storage and then restrict the use thereof of said music; in this instance, the transfer of this music to a computer hard drive or media player on said device."

You understand me now?

What I do understand is that a judge has not ruled that way.

Or did I miss that somewhere?

You are correct.

I was simply expressing my disbelief that any such argument (a ridiculous one in my point of view) was brought to court in the first place.
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby goon attack » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:37 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
You are correct.

I was simply expressing my disbelief that any such argument (a ridiculous one in my point of view) was brought to court in the first place.

"disbelief"

"ridiculous"

"court"

Hmmm....not much experience with lawyers I presume? :lol:
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:00 pm

goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
You are correct.

"disbelief"

"ridiculous"

"court"

Hmmm....not much experience with lawyers I presume? :lol:

:) good point.
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Previous

Return to Everything Else [OT]