Looking for some advises on interesting places and stuff...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

"turdcutter" has to be the most ridiculous word ever invented.

"shitter" is another one, as in, "Where's the shitter?"

When you're here, walk into a restaurant in Clayton or somewhere else snobby as ask, "Where's the shitter, man?"

:lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:"turdcutter" has to be the most ridiculous word ever invented.

"shitter" is another one, as in, "Where's the shitter?"

When you're here, walk into a restaurant in Clayton or somewhere else snobby as ask, "Where's the shitter, man?"

:lol:
[img:279:400]http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/chri ... r-full.jpg[/img]

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I guess this is a sign of getting old (and wise?) but if I wanna get drunk and look at bewbies and turdcutters I just go to a strip club. The quality and quantity are better and you don't have to park a mile way and deal with wall to wall assholes (you guys? HA!). The restroom facilities are generally better as well.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Nsane2Bme
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Nsane2Bme »

Bluesfan72 wrote:Updated scheduele:

30 jan: Arrive in Chi, Sleep!
31 jan: Drive to Stl. Take a break in Springfield for something to eat. Check out Pujols 5 when we arrive Stl.
1 feb: Sightseeing, Stl-Ducks
2 feb: Party and look at turd cutters, bewbies and Chi-chi´s THEN Stl-Avs
3 feb: Sightseeing, Find a place to watch the Super Bowl
4 feb: Arch and brewery if we have not done that already. If we have and the weather is good, Drive to Memphis and visit Graceland.
5 feb: Sightseeing, shopping, hook up with Prngr44, Nsane and Guppy (?) at Flannery´s then Stl-Tampa
6 feb: Drive back to Chi
7 feb: flight back to good ol´Sweden.

Hope to catch some of Blues morning skates as well and hopefully get to meet some players.
Hopefully the weather will hold out and it won't be miserable. It was horrible last year. :evil:
John Davidson: "We're not dismantling the team ... we're building a team. That's what the fans want. The fans we talked to wanted to build a big strong team for the future. This is what ownership has promised when we got here in July."

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bluesfan72 »

Leedog wrote:I guess this is a sign of getting old (and wise?) but if I wanna get drunk and look at bewbies and turdcutters I just go to a strip club. The quality and quantity are better and you don't have to park a mile way and deal with wall to wall assholes (you guys? HA!). The restroom facilities are generally better as well.
Well, it was meant more as a joke, but of course we will check out the Mardi Gras. Focus however, will be on The Blues as they are the main object for this trip.
Strip clubs in this part of the world (Scandinavia) tend to be expensive both to get in to and to drink and also contains mostly asian and women from eastern europe.
I´m old enough to know better, but still to young to care.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Bluesfan72 wrote: mostly asian and women from eastern europe.
And.......? :lol:

That's not a problem for me!

Anyhoo, you can usually rustle up some passes somewhere to get in free, but yes, the drinks cost a ton. But if you go there already loaded, buy only one or two drinks, and just flip some of the prostitutes a few ones here and there with no private dances, you can walk out of there with only 35-40 bucks less than what you walked in with.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bluesfan72 »

goon attack wrote: And.......? :lol:

That's not a problem for me!

Anyhoo, you can usually rustle up some passes somewhere to get in free, but yes, the drinks cost a ton. But if you go there already loaded, buy only one or two drinks, and just flip some of the prostitutes a few ones here and there with no private dances, you can walk out of there with only 35-40 bucks less than what you walked in with.
Never said it was a problem :grin:

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bluesfan72 »

What about the Lemp Mansion?
Is that something to see? Or waste of time? Into a little supernatural stuff you see.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Riverfront Times has an online calendar thingie for checking out what bands are playing where. They usually cover most of the entertainment stuff happening around St Lou.

Here is the link

Haven't been back in a long while but the Soulard area downtown was always good for finding a Blues band.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bluesfan72 »

Less than two weeks left.
Must say that i am amazed by the way the Blues are handling fans. I mailed both webmaster and the customerservice email without any reply.

Hows the weather in St. Louis right now?

A little worried by the Blues recent form.

Hopefullt get to see some of you guys.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Bluesfan72 wrote:Less than two weeks left.
Must say that i am amazed by the way the Blues are handling fans. I mailed both webmaster and the customerservice email without any reply.

Hows the weather in St. Louis right now?

A little worried by the Blues recent form.

Hopefullt get to see some of you guys.
That's strange. Maybe try emailing the customer service address again; I emailed them when I didn't get the voucher for the STH Christmas gift and next game, stopped by the table where they were handing them out and they had my name highlighted on the list with a note to make sure I got my gift. Maybe your email didn't go through for some reason or something.

Good luck!

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bluesfan72 »

I noticed a ticket campaign against Tampa Bay, "Tuesdays on tap".
I guess we who already bought tickets does not include?

I will try emailing again. Thanks.

Bluesfan72
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: Looking for some tips on interesting places and stuff...

Post by Bluesfan72 »

Well, putting myself on a plane in a few hours. Touch ground in Chicago tonight and will arrive St. Louis tomorrow afternoon hopefully. :letsgoblues:

Stl_Blues_1fan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re:

Post by Stl_Blues_1fan »

deadphish wrote:White Castles
this is a MUST!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Bluesfan72 wrote:Well, putting myself on a plane in a few hours. Touch ground in Chicago tonight and will arrive St. Louis tomorrow afternoon hopefully. :letsgoblues:

Sweet!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Re:

Post by SteveO »

Stl_Blues_1fan wrote:
deadphish wrote:White Castles
this is a MUST!
Then wash them down with a slinger!

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Don't even worry about going to St. Louis. You're going to see an NHL game, right?!

Oh, and be sure to take photos of the Stanley Cup banners in Chicago. You don't wanna miss your chance. :wink:

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Ruutu15 wrote:Don't even worry about going to St. Louis. You're going to see an NHL game, right?!

Oh, and be sure to take photos of the Stanley Cup banners in Chicago. You don't wanna miss your chance. :wink:
Were you even alive in 1961?

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

ksbluesfan wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Don't even worry about going to St. Louis. You're going to see an NHL game, right?!

Were you even alive in 1961?
:wink: I was just throwing the elbows a little...and no.

Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Chudman82 »

Hope you have a great trip here.

I live in the Central West End, which is about 10 minutes from the Scottrade, lots of restaurants and bars in this area too. Go to Sub-Zero vodka bar, they have hundreds of vodka to choose from and a nice ice bar, and good sushi too, plus the waitresses are eager. Flannery's is a great place too, LOVE their burgers and they have a decent selection of beer.

Oh and Sunday night, after the superbowl, if you feel like going out and getting drunk, you can check out Lafayette's Pub, usually a big crowd of people and they're open till 3am. Cheap drinks too, and the girls aren't too bad either. Though, this being Superbowl Sunday they raise the prices.

Either way, drink and be merry, you picked a good/fun week to check out St. Louis.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]