DOWN announces 2008 tour dates

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Re: DOWN announces 2008 tour dates

Post by Ehijo »

Ruutu15 wrote:Went to the show on Saturday, and Phil Anselmo proved that he is still the best singer in Metal history. No one even touches him, and I love it cause of all the "haters". :)
Glenn Danzig is more deserving of that title, imo. :okman:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I've never understood the hate for Phil Anselmo. So he was a junkie and said some shit that he shouldn't have about Dime. Vinnie Paul did the same thing to Phil. Pantera was great, and I wish they were still around, but it's over. People act like he himself jumped onstage and put one in Dime's head.

People do and say stupid things when they're f'ed up on drugs. He's clean now and the shows are amazing.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I had a meet & greet with pantera once. Phil was nice as hell and Vinnie was a prick. Didn't meet Rex or Dime.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Here's me, and the girl who's TARGET that is my avatar, with Phil Anselmo...

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Ruutu15 wrote:Here's me, and the girl who's TARGET that is my avatar, with Phil Anselmo...

If you wouldn't of said that was Phil, I don't think I would of known....

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

STL JA wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Here's me, and the girl who's TARGET that is my avatar, with Phil Anselmo...

If you wouldn't of said that was Phil, I don't think I would of known....

Yeah, it doesn't really look like him in the pic, cause the camera man sucked and he's dragging on a cigarette. Not to mention it was 10 degrees outside in Indy that night, so he has his hoodie pulled up.. I've got another one after a different show with him, but it was taken with a camera phone.