Shooting at Kirkwood City Hall

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

FloPoErich
All-Star
All-Star

Shooting at Kirkwood City Hall

Post by FloPoErich »

Another tragedy hit Kirkwood as a shooter entered city hall and killed 5, injuring 2 more, before being killed himself. According to a couple articles, I know one of the officers that was killed. He was an amazing guy... My thoughts and prayers go out all who lost someone they cared for and hope that they can be strong throughout this tragedy...

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Shooting at Kirkwood City Hall

Post by stlmark »

My thoughts and prayers to all who were hurt by this senseless tragedy. I'm glad the SOB that did this is dead.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

Flopo,

Are you referring to Tom Ballman? If so, I agree. He was one of my best friends growing up. We lived next door to each other for 18 years. He leaves behind two young children. A tradegy is an understatment.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Much condolences to those who were killed and their families.

:cry:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

The whole thing is unbelievable. Many, many condolences to everyone touched by this tragedy.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

JC Corcoran picked a bad week to make a crack about "picking off people with an AK-47"....................

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Did anyone see the shooter's mom and brother on t.v.?????

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/MyFox/pag ... cale=EN-US

un (Franking) ing real.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

F Keenan, yeah I saw that crap. I guess that gene pool is very tainted. The other brother said "there's no excuse"

those other two are lunatics.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

No surprise that some family members defending gunning down defenseless, innocent people. It shows the complete decadence of some in our culture.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Meacham Park meeting. Some dude calling "cookie" a "hero" followed by tons of applause per STLToday.com

Also, Kirkwood offered to drop every ticket they had given him if he agreed to follow the ordinances. He wouldn't.

Now it has descended into a race baiting fiasco.

I'm shocked.
:?

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

The social consequences are enormous. Watch "regular" tv and the inane "judge" shows or any reality tv. There is no such thing as personal responsibility. Add in the adoration of gun violence...this is not surprising...at all.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

I'm so sick of Meacham Park.

How many more cop killers are we going to see come out of that neighborhood?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by crazy blues fan »

Public Works Director Kenneth Yost is my uncle. He was a great person. Very involved in his church. Always willing to help anyone. On his vacation him and his wife went to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes. He will be missed.

I hope karma comes back and bites his family in the @$$ for their very insensitive comments.
Thanks to Viper for the great sig!

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

crazy blues fan wrote:Public Works Director Kenneth Yost is my uncle. He was a great person. Very involved in his church. Always willing to help anyone. On his vacation him and his wife went to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes. He will be missed.

I hope karma comes back and bites his family in the @$$ for their very insensitive comments.
Sorry for your loss.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/s ... enDocument

Other speeches had a harder edge. Ben Gordon, a black man from Webster Groves, said, "To me, Cookie Thornton is a hero. He was an athlete... He opened a business. He went to court, but the system failed him... We are sorry, we grieve, but (Kirkwood officials) share in this responsibility."

Ending his speech to loud applause, Gordon called him "a soldier who paid the price for liberty."
A soldier?

Unfukin real.

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

crazy blues fan wrote:Public Works Director Kenneth Yost is my uncle. He was a great person. Very involved in his church. Always willing to help anyone. On his vacation him and his wife went to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes. He will be missed.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. :(
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

gotslix
Prospect
Prospect

Post by gotslix »

Just goes to show that those in positions of authority should stay professional at all times. This guy obviously felt the need for 'payback' because some badges (we don need no stinkin badges) were giving him a hard time.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

godspeed, cbf. :|

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by crazy blues fan »

gotslix wrote:Just goes to show that those in positions of authority should stay professional at all times. This guy obviously felt the need for 'payback' because some badges (we don need no stinkin badges) were giving him a hard time.
:moran: :moran: :moran:
Thanks to Viper for the great sig!

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, cbf.