Get Fined For Wearing Saggy Pants

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Get Fined For Wearing Saggy Pants

Post by glen a richter »

barnburner wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Philo wrote:I'd much rather just see the police just tazer them instead of fine them. :wink:
It would be so kick ass if teachers were allowed to carry tazers. I can just see all the lawsuits though. Damn :x
When the company I worked for went out of business, one of my buddies decided to go back to teaching. He didn't last a week. One of the high school punks was doing something he wasn't supposed to in the hallway, and
my buddy told him to knock it of. The kid mouthed off and threatened to kick his ass- whereupon my buddy dropped him for the count of 313.
My buddy just walked to the principals office and turned in his keys.
Strangely enough - he didn't get sued.
There was actually a congressman in one of the north-midwest states, I forget which one, who had proposed legislation to allow teachers to carry handguns--for the purpose of defending the students against an armed intruder.

Now, I take a look around my school and I'll tell you, there's about 2 or 3 teachers who would totally take advantage of the situation and suddenly we'd have no kids left. I would have the self control, but I see some of the kids and I know they wouldn't last 2 seconds when they mouth off to a dean or another teacher because they're just little shit disturbers and everyone knows it.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote: Are you ok?
No matter how I answer, there will be meltage. :lol:

Yes. fine. Just trying to spice this place up a little. I give barn and meg full credit to know a joke when they see it.
8)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:
barnburner wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Philo wrote:I'd much rather just see the police just tazer them instead of fine them. :wink:
It would be so kick ass if teachers were allowed to carry tazers. I can just see all the lawsuits though. Damn :x
When the company I worked for went out of business, one of my buddies decided to go back to teaching. He didn't last a week. One of the high school punks was doing something he wasn't supposed to in the hallway, and
my buddy told him to knock it of. The kid mouthed off and threatened to kick his ass- whereupon my buddy dropped him for the count of 313.
There was actually a congressman in one of the north-midwest states, I forget which one, who had proposed legislation to allow teachers to carry handguns--for the purpose of defending the students against an armed intruder.

Now, I take a look around my school and I'll tell you, there's about 2 or 3 teachers who would totally take advantage of the situation and suddenly we'd have no kids left. I would have the self control, but I see some of the kids and I know they wouldn't last 2 seconds when they mouth off to a dean or another teacher because they're just little shit disturbers and everyone knows it.
In my experience, teachers carrying guns would only encourage certain students to bring guns to school.

Where I worked, the only real rule I thought made any sense was no backpacks were allowed to be carried around.

But that wouldn't stop somebody who wanted to go berserk.

I fully favor metal detectors at every single school entrance.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
barnburner wrote:
glen a richter wrote:

In my experience, teachers carrying guns would only encourage certain students to bring guns to school.

Where I worked, the only real rule I thought made any sense was no backpacks were allowed to be carried around.

But that wouldn't stop somebody who wanted to go berserk.

I fully favor metal detectors at every single school entrance.
Some NYC schools have detectors at the main entrance and there's no way whatsoever anyone can get in an entrance other than the well guarded main entrance unless a friend opens up from the inside, and that's caught on camera instantly. My school has security guards with the wand at the back entrance, but they only wand certain kids and most kids come in the front entrance where the only security is that they have to swipe their ID card to gain entrance. The only people who hang out when the kids are piling in through the front are the principal and the assistant principal of security who's in charge of the deanery.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024