To anyone who saw Lost tonight (2/28/08)....

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: To anyone who saw Lost tonight (2/28/08)....

Post by Winning Unlimited »

strocklen083 wrote:
deadphish wrote:
Stl_Blues_1fan wrote:what do yall think about this shin-dig

http://timelooptheory.com/
That's a strong theory.
It's a time machine theory. Which was completely debunked by last week's show where we learn how people actually time travel.
I built one of those in my high school physics class. n00b stuff there. :bluecool:

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

rebelmusic wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:Naomi Opened The Door.
Where did you see that? I didn't see anyone open the door...it was just open.
Its my theory. I think the time travel can raise the dead and brought Naomi back to life.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Maybe the man Ben has captured is a leader of the free world. Imagine what forces would be after Ben if he had kidnapped Cheney?

(no one would come, there would be no drama, and everyone would cheer for Ben.)

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

OPTIMEGUS wrote: Its my theory. I think the time travel can raise the dead and brought Naomi back to life.
this has actually been debunked by Damon and Carlton. They both stated in an interview once that if a character dies on the island they are indeed dead. Now, I know people will bring up Patchy and his 19 lives. But we don't really know what that fence was that Locke threw him through. So I'm just not counting that as a death.

btw, happy Lost Thursday to everyone! This is our last new episode before the break!

prediction of the day: Michael is indeed Ben's man on the boat. But we don't find out til the final scene when Sayid and Desmond run into him on the boat and that will be your 4 week cliffhanger.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Actually I hear we get another new one next week...

Also, I think next episode Claire is toast.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

One of Desmonds premonitions was Claire getting on a helicopter. That doesn't mean she doesnt fall out or get shot on the freighter or whatever.
BTW They mentiond the kids from the tail section in a flashback last night. I wonder what happened to them? And why did they want kids? I guess to keep new blood in the group since they couldn't reproduce themselves,
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Yup, Michael is on the boat...and it looks like he is indeed "Ben's man on the boat".

I gotta say I was shocked when Juliet told Jin about Sun's affair. :shock:
I'm glad they worked it out though...I like them.

So, Sun is part of the Oceanic Six, but Jin isn't? I'm curious as to what happened to him since they apparently had his body to bury.

And next week's episode will indeed be a new one.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

cprice12 wrote: So, Sun is part of the Oceanic Six, but Jin isn't? I'm curious as to what happened to him since they apparently had his body to bury.
Here's my thoughts on this whole Jin gravesite situation:

Anyone who didn't make it off the island and therefore not part of the "Oceanic 6" was given the death date of 9/22/04, as seen on Jin's headstone. That being said, it doesn't really give us any clues as to whether Jin is actually alive or dead. However, based on Sun's reaction/emotions at the cemetary and Hurley's "Let's go visit him" comment, I 100% believe Jin IS in fact dead. He will most likely die some time before the end of the season (quite possibly next week based on the previews).

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

strocklen083 wrote:
cprice12 wrote: So, Sun is part of the Oceanic Six, but Jin isn't? I'm curious as to what happened to him since they apparently had his body to bury.
Here's my thoughts on this whole Jin gravesite situation:

Anyone who didn't make it off the island and therefore not part of the "Oceanic 6" was given the death date of 9/22/04, as seen on Jin's headstone. That being said, it doesn't really give us any clues as to whether Jin is actually alive or dead. However, based on Sun's reaction/emotions at the cemetary and Hurley's "Let's go visit him" comment, I 100% believe Jin IS in fact dead. He will most likely die some time before the end of the season (quite possibly next week based on the previews).
You really think they would blatantly foreshadow someone's death like that though? They said someone will die next week...it won't be Jin.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

rebelmusic wrote: You really think they would blatantly foreshadow someone's death like that though? They said someone will die next week...it won't be Jin.
That's the only thing that makes me doubt my own theory. However, we pretty much knew Charlie was going to die, albeit under different circumstances. But let's just say Jin does die next week, that's only a 1 week foreshadowing

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

So, am I correct in assuming the Jin segments interlaced in were flashbacks and the Sun were flash foreward? Was there any signifigance to the Jin flashback that I missed, other than to ef us up?
If he didn't make it, I guess there is one of the Oceanic 6 yet to be revealed.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Leedog wrote:So, am I correct in assuming the Jin segments interlaced in were flashbacks and the Sun were flash foreward?
Correct.
Was there any signifigance to the Jin flashback that I missed, other than to ef us up?
Who knows. Maybe there is something in there that we will realize is a clue later on. I just assumed it was in there to throw us off.
If he didn't make it, I guess there is one of the Oceanic 6 yet to be revealed.
The Oceanic Six have already been revealed.

Kate
Jack
Hurley
Sun
Aaron
Sayid
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Aaron? I guess I missed something.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Leedog wrote:Aaron? I guess I missed something.
yeah, i'd say you missed something pretty big. Kate is raising Aaron as her "own" child off-island.

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

Jin is so dead next week.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

strocklen083 wrote:
yeah, i'd say you missed something pretty big. Kate is raising Aaron as her "own" child off-island.
I did miss the name of the baby. Are we sure it is the same Aaron? Why would Jack not want to see him? It could be Kate and Sawyers baby that was named after the other Aaron. If it is Claire's baby, would he count one of the six, since he wasn't actually a born till after the crash? Could Desmond or Juliet get off the island and not count as the 6 since they weren't in the crash? What about Walt and Michael? I think the casket in Jacks flash foreward is Walt.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Leedog wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
I did miss the name of the baby. Are we sure it is the same Aaron? Why would Jack not want to see him? It could be Kate and Sawyers baby that was named after the other Aaron. If it is Claire's baby, would he count one of the six, since he wasn't actually a born till after the crash? Could Desmond or Juliet get off the island and not count as the 6 since they weren't in the crash? What about Walt and Michael? I think the casket in Jacks flash foreward is Walt.
If it was Walt then why did nobody show up?

The reason I think Claire bites it next week is because of the child named Aaron that she is raising off island. We'll see.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Leedog wrote:I think the casket in Jacks flash foreward is Walt.
I gotta say no to this one (and we should find out by the end of the season who was in the casket according to the producers). I'm about 75% sure Ben is the person in the casket and Jack is so upset because Ben is the only one off-island who knew the secret of getting back to the island. So now with Ben all his knowledge gone, Jack goes on this crazy ass mission to get back without Jack's help.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Strocklen's Oceanic 6 'Stone Cold Lock Theory':

Question - What do Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun, and Sayid have in common? (other than all being 815 survivors)

Answer - None of these five were anywhere near the Swan station when it imploded and the sky turned purple. Jack, Kate, & Hurley were on the ferry dock being held captive by Ben & the Others while Sun and Sayid were on the Elizabeth sailboat attempting to rescue those held captive.

So what does this mean in relation to the Oceanic 6 and the circumstances surrounding how they leave the island? Very simple. They are literally the ONLY survivors of Oceanic 815 that can safely leave the island without dying (or at least that is what Ben & Co. have been lead to believe). We all know there is a 'Sickness' that we have been hearing about since we first met Danielle (regardless of whether or not her story is true or not). Well now we know that the 'Sickness' is actually the form of Time Travel that Demond experienced when leaving the island on the helicopter.

So then you're probably wondering why Desmond didn't die from the sickness like everyone previous to him (a la Minkowski). Well there's really two reasons:

#1. Daniel Faraday saved Desmond's life by introducing the concept of Constant. Desmond found his constant in Penny Widmore and his mind was restore to the correct time.

#2. Since the day Desmond entered the Swan station 3 years ago he has been injecting himself with the Dharma vaccine, not knowing what it does or how it works. Although he quit taking it, that vaccine actually curbed the effects of the 'Sickness' (time travel) to the point where Desmond was actually able to function in the previous time period and therefore find his Constant. We saw Minkowski receiving injections with the doctor on the Freighter, but those injections probably didn't start until after he began showing signs or it simply doesn't follow the same formula used on the Island and therefore has no effect.

Now this brings us back to the Oceanic 6 and the last remaining member, Aaron Littleton. If you remember, when Ethan kidnapped Claire he injected into yet-to-be-born Aaron some type of vaccine, which Claire continued to inject Aaron with once he was born. Which means of all the people at the beach camp when the sky turned purple, only Aaron was shielded from the effects of the electromagetic discharge emmited by the Swan. Therefore he can be added to the list of people that will not become 'sick' when leaving the island.

This also explains why Ben, Tom, Ethan, Alpert, etc can come and go from The Island as they please. They have never been exposed to high doses of electromagetic activity, which means they have never needed the vaccine, and they will never become 'sick'.

So you're probably wondering why I'm leaving Sawyer off of this list. Well, I can't say for sure why Sawyer isn't part of the 6. But the most likely explanation for his absence is either because he doesn't want to leave The Island (as previously stated) or he dies in the forecoming war between the Freighties, Losties, Others, and to-be-named Group (yes, that's rights! I'm 100% confident there is another group on the island we have yet to hear from or see yet that will weigh heavily in this war).

To conclude we all know there is a war coming. We all know people WILL die and we all know that only 6 people from the Survivor's camp get to leave. But we also know that Ben does die and either leaves The Island willingly or is forced off (possibly into exile by Alpert, Locke, and original inhabitants). We also know at least some of the Survivors live on The Island post war. Which leads me to think that Ben/Losties/Others win the war but then only those who CAN leave the Island will leave. The rest of the Losties are left behind (unwillingly) due to the effects of the 'Sickness' they will experience when leaving.

Thoughts?

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

strocklen083 wrote:Strocklen's Oceanic 6 'Stone Cold Lock Theory':

Question - What do Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun, and Sayid have in common? (other than all being 815 survivors)

Answer - None of these five were anywhere near the Swan station when it imploded and the sky turned purple. Jack, Kate, & Hurley were on the ferry dock being held captive by Ben & the Others while Sun and Sayid were on the Elizabeth sailboat attempting to rescue those held captive.

So what does this mean in relation to the Oceanic 6 and the circumstances surrounding how they leave the island? Very simple. They are literally the ONLY survivors of Oceanic 815 that can safely leave the island without dying (or at least that is what Ben & Co. have been lead to believe). We all know there is a 'Sickness' that we have been hearing about since we first met Danielle (regardless of whether or not her story is true or not). Well now we know that the 'Sickness' is actually the form of Time Travel that Demond experienced when leaving the island on the helicopter.

So then you're probably wondering why Desmond didn't die from the sickness like everyone previous to him (a la Minkowski). Well there's really two reasons:

#1. Daniel Faraday saved Desmond's life by introducing the concept of Constant. Desmond found his constant in Penny Widmore and his mind was restore to the correct time.

#2. Since the day Desmond entered the Swan station 3 years ago he has been injecting himself with the Dharma vaccine, not knowing what it does or how it works. Although he quit taking it, that vaccine actually curbed the effects of the 'Sickness' (time travel) to the point where Desmond was actually able to function in the previous time period and therefore find his Constant. We saw Minkowski receiving injections with the doctor on the Freighter, but those injections probably didn't start until after he began showing signs or it simply doesn't follow the same formula used on the Island and therefore has no effect.

Now this brings us back to the Oceanic 6 and the last remaining member, Aaron Littleton. If you remember, when Ethan kidnapped Claire he injected into yet-to-be-born Aaron some type of vaccine, which Claire continued to inject Aaron with once he was born. Which means of all the people at the beach camp when the sky turned purple, only Aaron was shielded from the effects of the electromagetic discharge emmited by the Swan. Therefore he can be added to the list of people that will not become 'sick' when leaving the island.

This also explains why Ben, Tom, Ethan, Alpert, etc can come and go from The Island as they please. They have never been exposed to high doses of electromagetic activity, which means they have never needed the vaccine, and they will never become 'sick'.

So you're probably wondering why I'm leaving Sawyer off of this list. Well, I can't say for sure why Sawyer isn't part of the 6. But the most likely explanation for his absence is either because he doesn't want to leave The Island (as previously stated) or he dies in the forecoming war between the Freighties, Losties, Others, and to-be-named Group (yes, that's rights! I'm 100% confident there is another group on the island we have yet to hear from or see yet that will weigh heavily in this war).

To conclude we all know there is a war coming. We all know people WILL die and we all know that only 6 people from the Survivor's camp get to leave. But we also know that Ben does die and either leaves The Island willingly or is forced off (possibly into exile by Alpert, Locke, and original inhabitants). We also know at least some of the Survivors live on The Island post war. Which leads me to think that Ben/Losties/Others win the war but then only those who CAN leave the Island will leave. The rest of the Losties are left behind (unwillingly) due to the effects of the 'Sickness' they will experience when leaving.

Thoughts?
How do we 'know' Ben dies? I have seen/heard nothing that confirms that, it is just speculation. Also, why do you think there is another group out there?