Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Post by Ehijo »

New Nine Inch Nails album. 100% free to download in a variety of formats.

http://dl.nin.com/theslip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Post by SIU LAW »

Love it.

I probably have played it 53 times since I got in on Monday.

This time, the stripped down feel worked. Best thing since With Teeth (but I did like Ghosts). I am big NIN fanboy, but Year Zero had parts that I did not care for, and many times the things I like seemed unfinished. But like I said, this time, the raw and unpolished thing worked. "Lights in the Sky" is the only song that I really haven't fell in love with.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

SIU LAW wrote:Love it.

I probably have played it 53 times since I got in on Monday.

This time, the stripped down feel worked. Best thing since With Teeth (but I did like Ghosts). I am big NIN fanboy, but Year Zero had parts that I did not care for, and many times the things I like seemed unfinished. But like I said, this time, the raw and unpolished thing worked. "Lights in the Sky" is the only song that I really haven't fell in love with.
Agree with you 100%.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Very cool. Thanks for the link!

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Thanks! :)

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Saw NIN last night at the Scottrade Center. The set was two hours and fifteen minutes. Apparently, according to the interwebs, St. Louis got an extend encore and longer set than normal. The lighting/screens/stage show is really something else for this tour. I would not rank it above the Fragility tour in terms of visuals, but it was definitively very unique and impressive. Once again, he does a concert you would expect to see in a Back to the Future II kind of world.

I was 50 to 100 feet from the stage.

Lots of material pulled off the last three albums (Year Zero, Ghosts, and The Slip), which is the first time the material is being toured in the US. You got the usual "greatest hits" and some neat obscure oddities thrown in (The Fragile's "The Big Come Down"), but all the newer material was a big plus after seeing them three times prior and owning umpteen live bootlegs/cds/DVDs of past tours.

The Ghosts material had a lot of non-traditional instruments (for NIN) being used in various parts. Rain sticks, marimba, stand up bass, banjo, and drums that sound like were made out of pots of pans. Some of the electronic heavy Year Zero stuff was pulled off really well. "Me, I'm Not" was pretty darn cool. Really glad they played that one. "March of the Pigs" still tears my face off like it is 1994.

My prayers for “Eraser” went unanswered, but I got to hear that in 1994 and 2005, I guess. I got "Reptile" though.

I am SO glad Robin Finck is back in the touring band. The past hired guns just couldn't bring it like he can. Though I did miss the approach of the 2005 band for the limited With Teeth material that was played.

They just announced a new leg of the tour, and I think I just might catch the show again at Mizzou in November.

Well that is enough superfan rambling. Here's the set list if you are interested:

Letting You
Discipline
March of the Pigs
Head Down
The Frail
The Wretched
Closer
Gave Up
Me I'm Not
Great Destroyer
Ghosts instrumental
Ghosts instrumental
Ghosts instrumental (with Finck on banjo)
Ghosts instrumental/Piggy (the Deliverance remix?)
Greater Good
Pinion
Wish
Terrible Lie
Survivalism
The Big Come Down
Ghosts instrumental
Only
Head Like A Hole

-ENCORE-

Echoplex
Love is Not Enough
Reptile
God Given
Hurt
In This Twilight

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

It was a daaaaaaaaaamn good show.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Mark wrote:It was a daaaaaaaaaamn good show.
Plusity-plus.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Man, I saw them (him) on the With Teeth tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Love that album too.

Thx for the link.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

rebelmusic wrote:Man, I saw them (him) on the With Teeth tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Love that album too.

Thx for the link.
That was a great show.

I just wish you could have caught the Self-Destruction or Fragility tours. Those tours were pretty unreal. Definitely try to catch this current tour somewhere if you can, you won’t regret it. The visuals are pretty mindblowing.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

I've seen Nine Inch Nails five times, twice in Denmark and three times here in Sweden. More than great every time.

The Fragility 2.0 Tour is my favourite so far.