The Beer thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: The Beer thread

Post by Guppy »

STL JA wrote:
Guppy wrote:Zima because it is all that is in the fridge and somebody left it here.

BLAH
Did someone leave it there in 1996?

I had no idea Zima was still around. :lol:
It was a "Bring stuff you usually don't drink" party.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Yuengling is nasty shit, perhaps the only beer that ever left me sick. The taste, and particularly the aftertaste, is horrible.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I've never had Yuengling.

I picked up a 12 pack of the Schlafly Summer Kolsch. Schnucks has it on sale for $12.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

miller lite..? you guys are a disgrace..
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

So yesterday I'm getting on 55 from Arsenal after seeing a clt.. And a truck that had just come out of the AB brewery apparently didn't have their load secure.. So the back of the truck opened up and beer spilled all over the road.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:So yesterday I'm getting on 55 from Arsenal after seeing a clt.. And a truck that had just come out of the AB brewery apparently didn't have their load secure.. So the back of the truck opened up and beer spilled all over the road.
Well?

How much did you make off with???

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I've been a huge fan of Shock Top lately...a lot like Blue Moon (which I also love).

Is it just me, or does Blue Moon taste light years better on tap? I don't buy Blue Moon in bottles...but I'll get it on tap any day of the week.

I tried Land Shark last weekend in the Ozarks. It's an easy drinking beer with no crappy aftertaste at all. It's a lighter tasting lager. We drank a few buckets of it at Smokey Bones while we watched game 2 of the finals. It's pretty good.

Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat (when I'm not drinking Shock Top).

Budweiser Select is my standard "cheap beer". I ALWAYS get Bud Select instead of Bud Light now. I actually can't remember the last time I bought Bud Light.

Labatt Blue is solid.

And oh yeah...beer seems to taste better at The Scottish Arms.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

All beer tastes better on tap, and anyone that actually pays money for Bud Light is an idiot. That stuff is undrinkable.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

choppa4 is correct on Bud Light.

As far as the tap vs. bottle thing: The only beer I've found that I prefer in a bottle is Newcastle. I just don't like it on tap for some reason.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

I volunteer on a beer counter a couple times a year and people generrally drink 1 Bud Light per 1 Anything else. A good ratio would be 100 Bud Light, 75 Select and 25 Budweisers. People are a little creapy about their Bud Light. Most Bud Light drinkers will not try anything else though, but most people who don't ask for it by name will drink it if that's all that's left. I can't remember the last time I bought Bud Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I remember the last time I bought bud light. It was also the first time I bought bud light.

No offense to the city of St. Louis, but Budweiser is just awful, totally awful. It's a rice beer, because rice is cheap, and that makes it a cheap beer.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Why would that be a slam against St. Louis? It's not like only people in St. Louis drink Budweiser and Bud Light. That stuff is sold around the world and the company pioneered the transportation of beer to non-local regions. Just because their beer is far from the most exciting palatable experience, doesn't mean they are not looked upon with pride being located here.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I understand the pride behind having the brewery in St. Louis, so I was trying to preface my statement by stating it wasn't a knock on the city, but on the beer...

Budweiser totally sucks. St. Louis does not, however. I found St. Louisians to be extremely nice people, including the guy on the metro who kept his friend from killing me and my fiancee during a mix up over an inaudible "excuse me".

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Image Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I rarely buy an AB product.

I'll occasionally buy some Bud Select if I just want to pound something watery, but I haven't bought Budweiser or Busch or any of that stuff in probably 7-8 years.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Honestly I don't get the hate... I drink Bud Light somewhat regularly.. I'd usually rather have a Heineken or a Guinness (on tap only), but those are generally pretty pricey. Course PBR is much much cheaper and I don't think a step down.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

turned 21 a week ago, living it up.

Favorite mass-produced beer- Bud Select.

Haven't experimented enough in the beer category to truly know what a good beer entails.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Honestly I don't get the hate... I drink Bud Light somewhat regularly.. I'd usually rather have a Heineken or a Guinness (on tap only), but those are generally pretty pricey. Course PBR is much much cheaper and I don't think a step down.
I enjoy Bud Light. But I usually buy Bud Select if I'm buying AB products...but then again, Shock Top is an AB product though too.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Bud Light, unless you just have to have the heavier beers with strong aftertastes...which I can't stand at all. Personally, I think most dark beers just taste like ass. And some dark beers taste like you are drinking dinner they are so heavy.
No thanks.

Worst beer I have ever had was Schlafly's Extra Special Bitter. Ugh. I thought that stuff was awful. A friend of mine got a pitcher of it because it was on sale at the bar we were in. Awful, awful beer.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

The only decent mass produced beer is Michelob, now that it's back to all malt. Other than that I pretty much drink Schlafly. Summer Kolsch rules
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

cprice12 wrote:Worst beer I have ever had was Schlafly's Extra Special Bitter. Ugh. I thought that stuff was awful. A friend of mine got a pitcher of it because it was on sale at the bar we were in. Awful, awful beer.
I don't get all the love for heavily hopped beers, they're just bitter, and that is not Good Eats. Guinness is my favorite beer, but only on tap.
-Helen Keller