Save Budweiser

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Save Budweiser

Post by stinkdified »

2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Save Budweiser

Post by goon attack »

I'd like to save the jobs for the local economy but I'd like to lose the product. :lol: :wink:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

I signed up at savebudweiser.com earlier this week.

I need a belgian flag to burn at I55 and arsenal. :evil:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

goon attack wrote:I'd like to save the jobs for the local economy but I'd like to lose the product. :lol: :wink:
really, I agree to disagree...what stl louis has with ab is awesome, just the history wise, but at the same time, their beer isn't necessarily the american beer (bud diesel), just because they label it that...but they really seem to be the 'american' brewery (due to what i see americans drinking). I am with any other beer conisour that will say that bud light or natty light tastes like water. This is obvious (compared to other ab and non-ab beers) but what if that is what you are looking for? Bud light is like a gateway beer. A lot of people don't do hardcore drugs, but they will smoke weed. Same deal. A 15-20something girl is more likely to drink bud light (or equivalent light 'shit' beer) and will be able to drink it (and at least act like they enjoy it, but not really appreciate it). at the same time, I (someone who will drink any BEvERage that is put in front of me) am a person that likes all kinds of drinks. I still enjoy hardcore apple cider...because it isn't beer (at least in this sense) and thats not supposed to be what it is. However, I also appreciate the taste of all beers, 'manufactured' or not.
I love budweiser.
I love bud dry, bud light bud diesel, michelob, michelob light, michelob golden, natty, natty ice, busch, busch light (!), busch ice, bud ice.
All the other crap that they manufacture...bud light lime, rolling rock, high hurricane high gravity, king cobra, bacardi (anything, mainly mojito), etc, etc.. can go to the wayside.
Anyway, story summed up, I like budweiser for what it is and I really hope that the tradition of what it is will still go on to the point where my grandchildren will find a can of budweiser in the woods with the can tops which we have now that will soon be obsolete and they will have the same experience as i did when i found a pop-top in the woods.
ramble, ramble, ramble...
by the way, this was written on bud dry, sorry for any spellin errors

[Edit]
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

Let's just start torching embassies. Seems to be the hip thing to do these days.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Might as well say goodbye to St. Louis owned AB.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

stinkdified wrote:
goon attack wrote:I'd like to save the jobs for the local economy but I'd like to lose the product. :lol: :wink:
really, I agree to disagree...what stl louis has with ab is awesome, just the history wise, but at the same time, their beer isn't necessarily the american beer (bud diesel), just because they label it that...but they really seem to be the 'american' brewery (due to what i see americans drinking). I am with any other beer conisour that will say that bud light or natty light tastes like water. This is obvious (compared to other ab and non-ab beers) but what if that is what you are looking for? Bud light is like a gateway beer. A lot of people don't do hardcore drugs, but they will smoke weed. Same deal. A 15-20something girl is more likely to drink bud light (or equivalent light 'shit' beer) and will be able to drink it (and at least act like they enjoy it, but not really appreciate it). at the same time, I (someone who will drink any BEvERage that is put in front of me) am a person that likes all kinds of drinks. I still enjoy hardcore apple cider...because it isn't beer (at least in this sense) and thats not supposed to be what it is. However, I also appreciate the taste of all beers, 'manufactured' or not.
I love budweiser.
I love bud dry, bud light bud diesel, michelob, michelob light, michelob golden, natty, natty ice, busch, busch light (!), busch ice, bud ice.
All the other crap that they manufacture...bud light lime, rolling rock, high hurricane high gravity, king cobra, bacardi (anything, mainly mojito), etc, etc.. can go to the wayside.
Anyway, story summed up, I like budweiser for what it is and I really hope that the tradition of what it is will still go on to the point where my grandchildren will find a can of budweiser in the woods with the can tops which we have now that will soon be obsolete and they will have the same experience as i did when i found a pop-top in the woods.
ramble, ramble, ramble...
by the way, this was written on bud dry, sorry for any spellin errors
you like parentheses. :lol:

There is this sort of thought of Milwaukee and St. Louis being THE two "brewery" towns in the U.S. and AB not being there anymore would be a shame.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

AB would be in St. Louis if they got bought out just like Miller is still in Milwaukee despite being bought out by a South African company.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

OS wrote:AB would be in St. Louis if they got bought out just like Miller is still in Milwaukee despite being bought out by a South African company.
What cracks me up is how many people say they'll essentially disown their allegiance to Bud since it's not US owned.

Those folks didn't get their panties in a bunch when US owned A-B busted the drivers unions how many years back though did they?

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

OS wrote:AB would be in St. Louis if they got bought out just like Miller is still in Milwaukee despite being bought out by a South African company.
Correct, the hysteria about this is amusing. Talk about the sports marketing going away...jobs leaving...charitable giving drying up...all overblown. Why would InBev kill the golden goose? They did not get huge by being stupid. This deal is going down, so everyone needs to deal with it.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

tsblue wrote:
Correct, the hysteria about this is amusing. Talk about the sports marketing going away...jobs leaving...charitable giving drying up...all overblown. Why would InBev kill the golden goose? They did not get huge by being stupid. This deal is going down, so everyone needs to deal with it.
I don't know that I agree that it's going down, not unless Inbev ups the offer.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

It'll go down... I expect the offer to go up by about $2 a share.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

The current offer is $65 per share and it's currently trading at $61.31. I'm not sure a couple dollars more will really be worth it.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Prngr44 wrote:It'll go down... I expect the offer to go up by about $2 a share.
So you think the whole "Inbev has no more capital than that" is just a bargaining front?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
So you think the whole "Inbev has no more capital than that" is just a bargaining front?
It's all bargaining... each side will posture: "We have no more money" "Our shareholders think you're close, but you need more" AB will counter with $70/share, InBev will balk, Buffet will chime in, they'll agree somewhere in the middle.

OS, the only reason it's trading where it is now is because of the merger news. Just like Yahoo, if AB plays hardball and forces InBev to go the route of forcing a proxy vote, the shares will TANK back to (or below) it's average of $50ish. The additional $2 per share increases their bid amount by 1.5 billion dollars.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
They are already borrowing billions with a B ($20B if I recall correctly) to finance the deal. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Oh ok.

So what's the big deal then!? :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

WaukeeBlues wrote:

Oh ok.

The big deal is essentially the reputation InBev has developed. If the deal goes down, yes, AB will likely retain a presence here in St Louis. But make no mistake boys, it will not be the same company we know it as today. The Clydesdales, local sponsorships, philanthropy, etc are TOAST. That's just the way InBev does business.

Is it the worst possible scenario for the city? No, probably not. But it's hard to imagine anything terribly positive coming out of it.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

SixDemonBag wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

Oh ok.

The big deal is essentially the reputation InBev has developed. If the deal goes down, yes, AB will likely retain a presence here in St Louis. But make no mistake boys, it will not be the same company we know it as today. The Clydesdales, local sponsorships, philanthropy, etc are TOAST. That's just the way InBev does business.

Is it the worst possible scenario for the city? No, probably not. But it's hard to imagine anything terribly positive coming out of it.
I have heard this repeatedly yet have seen no evidence to support the statement. They are not a "gut and cut" purchaser as some have been in other industries. They will cut fat and yes they will play hard ball with those bloated union contracts...but the assumption that they will abandon what has made AB great has no support that I have seen.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

About the only major things I've seen them to publicly declare will be gone are the non beverage associated units like the Busch Gardens. Not sure about Grant's Farm.