Save Budweiser

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Save Budweiser

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'm never drinking another A-B beer again...(Frank) InBev

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

That's not very enlightened of you.

I welcome the new Belgian overlords.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

I officially had my last AB product(s) this weekend, the last as an American company. Now they can go fornicate themselves.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Why don't we wait and see how things are going to be before we start giving it up all together? That seems like the reasonable thing to do. Plus, you dont really want to drink Coors, do you?
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

OS wrote:Why don't we wait and see how things are going to be before we start giving it up all together? That seems like the reasonable thing to do. Plus, you dont really want to drink Coors, do you?
I agree. My initial reaction to the whole takeover was hostile. But let's see what they end up doing to the company and the city. I'm not optimistic, mind you, but there's a small chance this could still end up being a good thing for St Louis.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

SixDemonBag wrote: but there's a small chance this could still end up being a good thing for St Louis.
are they going to start brewing beer that actually tastes good now?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

We could only be so lucky.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

Nyghtewynd wrote:That's not very enlightened of you.

I welcome the new Belgian overlords.
This company is dominated by South Americans, not Belgians.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

goon attack wrote:
SixDemonBag wrote: but there's a small chance this could still end up being a good thing for St Louis.
are they going to start brewing beer that actually tastes good now?
No, why change a winning formula? Amazing marketing...this board and others awash in angst about a company being bought...convinced a bit of their heritage is gone...pure marketing genius. In Bev will not touch that.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Ruutu15 wrote:I'm never drinking another A-B beer again...(Frank) InBev
rebelmusic wrote:I officially had my last AB product(s) this weekend, the last as an American company. Now they can go fornicate themselves.
ok, please excuse my french, but to be completely honest both of your comments are (Franking) horseshit!

why stop drinking something you've already been drinking just because ownership changed? By purchasing your AB products you're still supporting the local economy. You're still putting money in the pockets of your neighbors and you're still enjoying the same great beverages you've been enjoying your entire life.

When you hear about all the layoffs, they're talking about all the corporate big wigs and long tenured employees that will be getting a nice little retirement package to go along with their stock payoffs. Budget cuts? I don't see that affecting you, personally. You'll still be able to buy it at the same place and the quality of the beer will remain the same, superior to any other in this country.

when it comes down to it, a few more pennies from your purchases will be funneled to some executives in another country. But the company will continue to pay local taxes, local people will STILL be employed here and the beer will still be brewed downtown.

As socially traumatic as this might be to the St. Louis community it is just a part of global business and sure we'll lose some tax dollars. Some people will lose some high paying jobs. But the beer remains. The heritage remains. And the city will soldier on.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

strocklen083 wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:I'm never drinking another A-B beer again...(Frank) InBev
rebelmusic wrote:I officially had my last AB product(s) this weekend, the last as an American company. Now they can go fornicate themselves.
ok, please excuse my french, but to be completely honest both of your comments are (Frank) horseshit!

why stop drinking something you've already been drinking just because ownership changed? By purchasing your AB products you're still supporting the local economy. You're still putting money in the pockets of your neighbors and you're still enjoying the same great beverages you've been enjoying your entire life.

When you hear about all the layoffs, they're talking about all the corporate big wigs and long tenured employees that will be getting a nice little retirement package to go along with their stock payoffs. Budget cuts? I don't see that affecting you, personally. You'll still be able to buy it at the same place and the quality of the beer will remain the same, superior to any other in this country.

when it comes down to it, a few more pennies from your purchases will be funneled to some executives in another country. But the company will continue to pay local taxes, local people will STILL be employed here and the beer will still be brewed downtown.

As socially traumatic as this might be to the St. Louis community it is just a part of global business and sure we'll lose some tax dollars. Some people will lose some high paying jobs. But the beer remains. The heritage remains. And the city will soldier on.
I don't drink the sh!t with any regularity anyway...more of a microbrew/import guy myself. I was on a float trip this weekend, so I decided to go white trash and drink some Budweiser. I will not purchase it again.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Funnier words may have never been written on teh Intarweb than "socially traumatic".

Dear Reader: If you are "socially traumatized" by the A-B sale, go get an Evanescence album and a LiveJournal and leave the business talk to the adults.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Nyghtewynd wrote: If you are "socially traumatized" by the A-B sale, go get an Evanescence album and a LiveJournal and leave the business talk to the adults.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

You could always switch to Sam Adams.

I think that's my favorite line of beers nowadays.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

There are TONS of microbrews out there now.

The Schlafly beers are FAR superior to anything Budweiser produces. They're not a whole lot more expensive and it's made right here in St. Louis.

The only drawback for some people, I think, is that you can't buy a 96 pack of it at Sam's for $26.

But Schnuck's often has Schlafly 12 packs on sale for a reasonable price.

The Summer Kolsch is nailz.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:There are TONS of microbrews out there now.

The Schlafly beers are FAR superior to anything Budweiser produces. They're not a whole lot more expensive and it's made right here in St. Louis.

The only drawback for some people, I think, is that you can't buy a 96 pack of it at Sam's for $26.

The Schlafly beers I have had have been crap. Just sayin'.

I enjoy a couple of the Leinenkeugel, or however the F you spell it, beers...pretty good stuff.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I don't like them all because I don't like all the styles. I don't like their pale ale, for instance.

Their oatmeal stout is VERY good. In fact, I'd put it not far behind Sam Smith's oatmeal stout. I really like the summer kolsch too.

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

goon attack wrote:There are TONS of microbrews out there now.

For me, the biggest drawback to the Micro-Brews is the "sustained drinkability" factor. Look, I'm as much of a beer snob as the next guy. But there's a time and a place for everything under the sun. Honestly, if I'm on a 2 day float trip in the late spring to early fall, I have no desire to try and pound Oatmeal Stouts, IPA's, and Belgian Blonde's for 6 hours straight.

Sometimes, I just want something that I can drink all day without A) getting blasted after 8 beers or B) feeling like I gained 40 pounds in a single sitting. For me, that's the niche that the Bud Lights of the world fill.

Just MHO

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

cprice12 wrote:The Schlafly beers I have had have been crap. Just sayin'.
I enjoy a couple of the Leinenkeugel, or however the F you spell it, beers...pretty good stuff.
Agreed. I am not a fan of schlafly beer whatsoever. Every one of them i have ever had always left me dissapointed. however, this is not to say that other people cannot like them, but, i still do not understand. It seems as if to me people drink schlafly beer because it is different from what the mainsream is and some people just have to be freakin different, but they can still get away with it here because it is so, so, saint louis, just ask my tatooist.
SixDemonBag wrote:For me, the biggest drawback to the Micro-Brews is the "sustained drinkability" factor. Look, I'm as much of a beer snob as the next guy. But there's a time and a place for everything under the sun. Honestly, if I'm on a 2 day float trip in the late spring to early fall, I have no desire to try and pound Oatmeal Stouts, IPA's, and Belgian Blonde's for 6 hours straight.
Sometimes, I just want something that I can drink all day without A) getting blasted after 8 beers or B) feeling like I gained 40 pounds in a single sitting. For me, that's the niche that the Bud Lights of the world fill.
Just MHO
couldn't agree more. just becuase it is considered 'watery' (which i am not arguing) by seasoned beer drinkers dosn't mean that it is crap beer. there is obviously a pretty big niche there, thats why its still around and still so popular
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

I had Schlafly's Oatmeal stout the other day and it is pretty good.

The best beer I have had to date is from Flat Branch here in CoMo. Their Oil Change and Milk Stouts are amazing. The Irish Red is served room temperature and goes down really easy. The Green Chilli beer is better than any Miller Chill or BL Lime summer-type stuff I've ever had. And they have good Honey Wheat beers for people who like "lite" beers.

I've had Sam Adams and it's pretty good.

I'll still drink AB products since they are cheap, relatively good and still will help STL. Plus, its better than supporting stupid Boulevard. Screw KC.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo