I hate cops

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: I hate cops

Post by OS »

This is my favorite part...
"He refused to comply with the officers"
WTF were you asking him to do? The kid was laying on the ground with a broken back!
"he's also making statements such as, 'Shoot cops, kill cops,' things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers."
The kid might be stupid for saying that kind of shit to a cop, but you still have to be a real jackass to taser someone w/ a broken back 19 times because he said something bad about cops. This is why people hate cops. TOO MANY of them abuse their power.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I don't lump all cops into that category of power-abusing adrenaline-addicted sadistic jagoff.. In generall I'll assume most cops are doing their job with professionalism.. That said I sometimes wonder about what could make someone levitate to that line of work.. It's dangerous, hard, and stressful... So I think there are a ton of cops who realized after HS that being a letter-jacket wearer doesn't mean shit in the real world and want to continue to feel self-important and push people around with authority.. Law enforcement becomes a place for these people to get just this. But again, I can usually not jump to conclusions about what a cop's motive are for doing his job and assume he's not like that. Cause I think if nothing else more often than not cops do act professional. Which isn't to say this shit doesn't happen a lot.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:...want to continue to feel self-important and push people around with authority.. Law enforcement becomes a place for these people to get just this...
that reminds me of...
[youtube][/youtube]
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Here's a better video...

[youtube][/youtube]

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

stinkdified wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:...want to continue to feel self-important and push people around with authority.. Law enforcement becomes a place for these people to get just this...
that reminds me of...
[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah it's spot on.. I remember seeing that scene and thinking how I agreed with him word for word.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

OS wrote:Here's a better video...

[youtube][/youtube]
Here's the latest on this situation...

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/YouTube_v ... _0730.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blue Beagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Blue Beagle »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I don't lump all cops into that category of power-abusing adrenaline-addicted sadistic jagoff.. In generall I'll assume most cops are doing their job with professionalism.. That said I sometimes wonder about what could make someone levitate to that line of work.. It's dangerous, hard, and stressful... So I think there are a ton of cops who realized after HS that being a letter-jacket wearer doesn't mean shit in the real world and want to continue to feel self-important and push people around with authority.. Law enforcement becomes a place for these people to get just this. But again, I can usually not jump to conclusions about what a cop's motive are for doing his job and assume he's not like that. Cause I think if nothing else more often than not cops do act professional. Which isn't to say this shit doesn't happen a lot.
That's actually a pretty good question. I don't think that most realize what they're getting into when they do it. I know for a fact that a lot of people have some pretty good intentions going into it, similar to the intentions of those who would choose to serve their country in the military.

On that note, when you think about it becoming an officer is the fast track to the wife, family, house thing for anyone who's just been honorably discharged from any branch of the military.

In the end, I think a good person focuses on those they were able to help as they trudge from one ugly domestic violence call to another.