Going to see Rage

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Going to see Rage

Post by Mark »

Rage. Cornell. Whoever. Whatever.

They're all in it for the money.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
goon attack wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Zack is the reason I love RATM. Chris Cornell seemed disinterested. Zack is angry. Anger is a gift.
Chris Cornell has talent. Zack is an assclown. Talent is a gift. Anger is for pussies.
I'd take Soundgarden's "Louder Than Love" over anything else Chris Cornell did because there is genuine emotion on that album. Without emotion, he's just another guy doing his job for a paycheck. Zack delivers emotion on everything he does. If you don't feel it, get off the stage.
I thought he did quite a good job on "BadMotorFinger", but "Superunknown" was quite a weak performance.
I think if you were into Soundgarden for their sludgy metal grunge sound, then yes. However, seen on its own merits, it's actually a really brilliant album. Personally I don't dig it all that much--just a few of the songs--but I will give it credit.

I like Louder than Love and Badmotorfinger almost equally but I give the edge to LTL. From my perspective, the band changed considerably from LTL to Superunknown. But they sort of had to. They couldn't really take the LTL sound any further or they would have just been boring. Great, but ultimately monotonous.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden are not deserving of a 2 page long thread.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

STL JA wrote:Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden are not deserving of a 2 page long thread.
Soundgarden most definitely is. Audioslave is deserving of half a page... Rage should get a post in the bitching thread.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

STL JA wrote:Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden are not deserving of a 2 page long thread.
I agree. Right Said Fred is the only group worthy of such a long thread.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller