Going to see Rage

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Going to see Rage

Post by rebelmusic »

Anyone else going up?

I've been waiting to see them for a long while now...hope that time with Cornell hasn't made the Audioslaver's all pussified.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Going to see Rage

Post by Ehijo »

I saw them in 1998.

....damn, I'm getting old.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Where are they playing? Chicago?

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Prngr44 wrote:Where are they playing? Chicago?
Yeah, they played in Chicago. It was a good show, except for the fact that they stopped playing 3 times to tell the whole crowd to move back '5 to 10 steps' because people were getting crushed...kinda ruined the momentum. There had to have been 250k people there...it was crazy.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Did they build their own amps and guitars from scratch or did them purchase them from capitalist corporate scum?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:Did they build their own amps and guitars from scratch or did them purchase them from capitalist corporate scum?
Probably got them from their record lable.. You know the corporate one. :lol:

Their whole act is about as lame as yours.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:Did they build their own amps and guitars from scratch or did them purchase them from capitalist corporate scum?

:lol:

The funniest part of the whole show was when Zack started talking about how the young, poor blacks and latinos were going to rise up against their oppressors, and all the white folk in the audience started cheering. Morons.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

rebelmusic wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:

The funniest part of the whole show was when Zack started talking about how the young, poor blacks and latinos were going to rise up against their oppressors, and all the white folk in the audience started cheering. Morons.
I'm a big fan of Rage Against the Machine, but I never took the whole revolution thing too seriously. I wonder if they think a revolution is really a good idea, or if they're trying to get people to think. The best way to beat the man is to be the man.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

They envision a society with no "man."

I guess they don't realize that a society with no "man" also means a society with no mooching. And if there is no mooching, there will have to be stealing, right?

Sounds kick ass.

Also, though, on the way to this new society, there will have to be an intellectual elite to run things until all the dumbshits are brainwashed into the system. That's where Zach and company come in. Lenin, Mao, Stalin, and Castro would be proud.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

I hated their political bullshit. It ruined it for me. Their political tirade was in your face every single song it seemed. And that's a shame because I actually like their music. I just find Zach De La Rocha to be annoying as (frank).

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

STL JA wrote:I just find Zach De La Rocha to be annoying as (frank).
Hence.... Rage < Audioslave

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

STL JA wrote:I hated their political bullshit. It ruined it for me. Their political tirade was in your face every single song it seemed. And that's a shame because I actually like their music. I just find Zach De La Rocha to be annoying as (frank).
And you were surprised at this?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Zack is the reason I love RATM. Chris Cornell seemed disinterested. Zack is angry. Anger is a gift.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
STL JA wrote:I hated their political bullshit. It ruined it for me. Their political tirade was in your face every single song it seemed. And that's a shame because I actually like their music. I just find Zach De La Rocha to be annoying as (frank).
And you were surprised at this?
Uh, nope. Never said I was surprised.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ksbluesfan wrote:Zack is the reason I love RATM. Chris Cornell seemed disinterested. Zack is angry. Anger is a gift.
Chris Cornell has talent. Zack is an assclown. Talent is a gift. Anger is for pussies.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

goon attack wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Zack is the reason I love RATM. Chris Cornell seemed disinterested. Zack is angry. Anger is a gift.
Chris Cornell has talent. Zack is an assclown. Talent is a gift. Anger is for pussies.
I'd take Soundgarden's "Louder Than Love" over anything else Chris Cornell did because there is genuine emotion on that album. Without emotion, he's just another guy doing his job for a paycheck. Zack delivers emotion on everything he does. If you don't feel it, get off the stage.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:
goon attack wrote:
I'd take Soundgarden's "Louder Than Love" over anything else Chris Cornell did because there is genuine emotion on that album. Without emotion, he's just another guy doing his job for a paycheck. Zack delivers emotion on everything he does. If you don't feel it, get off the stage.
I thought he did quite a good job on "BadMotorFinger", but "Superunknown" was quite a weak performance.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Superunknown = weak?!?

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
goon attack wrote:
I thought he did quite a good job on "BadMotorFinger", but "Superunknown" was quite a weak performance.
BadMotorFinger was good, but it was the beginning of the end for Soundgarden. My opinion was tarnished by seeing Soundgarden twice on that tour. The first time, just weeks after releasing BadMotorFinger, they blew Skid Row off the stage. By Lollapallozza, they seemed completely disinterested.
Last edited by ksbluesfan on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
goon attack wrote:
BadMotorFinger was good, but it was the beginning of the end for Soundgarden. My opinion was tarnished by seeing Soundgarden twice on that tour. The first time, just weeks after releasing BadMotorFinger, the blew Skid Row off the stage. By Lollapallozza, they seemed completely disinterested.
No surprise there. It shows on their following album. Though I still like "Superunknown" given how catchy the album is, but it's apparent that Cornell didn't care too much.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!