2008/2009 EPL Season

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

2008/2009 EPL Season

Post by Rohan »

The season kicks off tomorrow. Any predictions? As a Liverpool fan, I'm pumped to see how Torres, Keane, and Gerrard mesh.
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: 2008/2009 EPL Season

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

Go Aston Villa! I think Villa should be an even more exciting team to watch in the standings than they were last year, as they really didn't lose anyone, save Sorenson, and Young and Agbonlahor are only going to get better. However, I think Chelsea will win the EPL. Anything is better than Man. U. winning it again though, I suppose.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

SPL is already underway. As a Celtic fan, naturally I care more about SPL, but as far as EPL goes, I'd say I'm for Chelsea.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

Torres saves the Reds today. The first half was pretty hard to watch.

I'm looking forward to the ManU vs. Newcastle match tomorrow even though Ronaldo and Owen won't play.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Villa wins big against Man City 4-2, though it was 4-1 until about the last minute of the game. Great game by the Villians.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Rohan wrote:Torres saves the Reds today. The first half was pretty hard to watch.

I'm looking forward to the ManU vs. Newcastle match tomorrow even though Ronaldo and Owen won't play.
Rumor has it that Tottenham is looking to obtain Owen when/if Berbatov leaves for Man U.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Fernando Torres is my favorite player, but I like Newcastle United. I go back to the Shearer days with them, and I've just stuck with them.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Rohan wrote:The season kicks off tomorrow. Any predictions? As a Liverpool fan, I'm pumped to see how Torres, Keane, and Gerrard mesh.
pretty shitty so far. Although it's WAY to early in to season to be concerned. We're making a move for Riera sometime before Friday so hopefully that will shore up the wing and help feed balls to both Keane and Torres. Right now we're relying on Gerrard and Keane to feed Torres and that just isn't going to work. Benayoun and Kuyt don't cut it on the wing and Babel likes to play forward too much. I think this will be a massive improvement.

The one major difference I've noticed this year as opposed to the previous two campaigns (so far) is that if the Sunderland or Boro game were to happen last year, they probably would have ended in a draw. But this year they're able to pull out the late goal and take the 3 points. That will be key to staying even closer to the top this year.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

strocklen083 wrote:
Rohan wrote:The season kicks off tomorrow. Any predictions? As a Liverpool fan, I'm pumped to see how Torres, Keane, and Gerrard mesh.
pretty shitty so far. Although it's WAY to early in to season to be concerned. We're making a move for Riera sometime before Friday so hopefully that will shore up the wing and help feed balls to both Keane and Torres. Right now we're relying on Gerrard and Keane to feed Torres and that just isn't going to work. Benayoun and Kuyt don't cut it on the wing and Babel likes to play forward too much. I think this will be a massive improvement.

The one major difference I've noticed this year as opposed to the previous two campaigns (so far) is that if the Sunderland or Boro game were to happen last year, they probably would have ended in a draw. But this year they're able to pull out the late goal and take the 3 points. That will be key to staying even closer to the top this year.
Kuyt saves the day today. Wasn't expecting that.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Rohan wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:

Kuyt saves the day today. Wasn't expecting that.
You ain't kiddin'! Did you see the video of the goal? Fantastic cross by Babel. No reason for it take 119 minutes but I'll take it!