Official LGB NHL 09 team (Xbox 360)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Official LGB NHL 09 team (Xbox 360)

Post by STL JA »

How's NHL 2k9?

I haven't downloaded the demo yet...

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

STL JA wrote:How's NHL 2k9?

I haven't downloaded the demo yet...
Meh.

I think it is hard to judge. The demo isn't nearly as polished as the NHL 09 demo. It's, uh, ok?

I have a bad feeling that 2k9. Visual Concepts had a real short development cycle with this game. I suppose all I really hope for is that it winds up being bug free. I think the series could have benefitted from a year off because I really think that if VC continues working on the title that it might be vastly improved come 2k10.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

blues12
Prospect
Prospect

Post by blues12 »

hey if your still in need of players for 360 im a top 6 forward with franchise written all over me.....in the game at least.....workdaytonye

i can prove it in 08. :goblues:

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

if everyone interested in joining the our Xbox 360 team go ahead and send me a friend request:

Sir Strocklen

I'll be picking the game up on Tuesday after I get off work and I'll set up the team that night. I know there's a lot of customization that can be done to the team jerseys. I figure we could just play in the Blues jersey unless anyone objects. I've been playing the hell out of the demo and it f'n rocks! WAY better than the 2k9 demo for sure.

blues12
Prospect
Prospect

Post by blues12 »

NHL09 does not come out Tuesday it should be out by Thursday.
It ships the 9th, but you might not even find it til the 12th.

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

blues12 wrote:NHL09 does not come out Tuesday it should be out by Thursday.
It ships the 9th, but you might not even find it til the 12th.
FWIW, Best Buy has it in their ad that it will be available Tuesday by 2pm. I think Target had 4pm.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Release day!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Who has their copy yet?!?!

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

strocklen083 wrote:Release day!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

There's still A LOT of debate as to when it's actually available. I have heard from no one that has a physical copy in their hands yet.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

SixDemonBag wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:Release day!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

There's still A LOT of debate as to when it's actually available. I have heard from no one that has a physical copy in their hands yet.
if I get to Best Buy and it ISN'T available then I'm going to raise holy hell! That flyer says after 2pm and by god, it's after 2pm!!! :grin:

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

Chesterfield Valley is a total strikeout. Anyone have more luck anywhere else?

EDIT: I'm thinking we're SOL here in the States. Been message board hunting. Seems like Canada has it, but all the people here that called into stores and were told it was in stock were presented with copies of 2K9 instead. Not that surprising really. The guys @ Best Buy and EB games looked at me like I was speaking Greek when I asked them about it. At least the folks at Gamestop knew what I was talking about.

Oh well, general response seems to be tomorrow. I've got Spore to keep me busy till then. Highly recommend that one, by the way. Fun game.

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

I think we struck out here in the St. Louis area. The games are indeed out, but we ain't got 'em.

I called around yesterday to almost every Best Buy/Target/Gamestop/Circuit City in the South County area. The Best Buy's and Gamestop's knew they were supposed to have them in on Tuesday but said that the shipment simply did not come in. All of the stores were saying it'd be in today.

FWIW, the boards over on 2khockey.net seem to be THRILLED w/ 2k9. I'm a little hesitant to believe all of the early reviews of the game, but people are going nuts over the gameplay. And so far, no giant game crashing bugs and so that's a good thing too...

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

Anyone know if you'll be able to play as a goalie in Be-a-pro?

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Mark wrote:I think we struck out here in the St. Louis area. The games are indeed out, but we ain't got 'em.

I called around yesterday to almost every Best Buy/Target/Gamestop/Circuit City in the South County area. The Best Buy's and Gamestop's knew they were supposed to have them in on Tuesday but said that the shipment simply did not come in. All of the stores were saying it'd be in today.
Pretty sure I made a good story for the poor teenager at Best Buy that was lucky enough to break the news to me that they aren't selling their copies until tomorrow. I assume they'll be referring to me as "Crazy Hockey Guy". Even though it's only an extra day's wait, it still chaps my ass that the ad said 2pm and the game wasn't there!

FWIW, the boards over on 2khockey.net seem to be THRILLED w/ 2k9. I'm a little hesitant to believe all of the early reviews of the game, but people are going nuts over the gameplay. And so far, no giant game crashing bugs and so that's a good thing too...
Let's not even think of comparing the two. I played both demos and IMO '09 is clearly leaps and bounds above 2K9 in both quality of gameplay and overall presentation.

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

strocklen083 wrote:Let's not even think of comparing the two. I played both demos and IMO '09 is clearly leaps and bounds above 2K9 in both quality of gameplay and overall presentation.
I played both and EA's game definitely seemed like the better game. Although, as I mentioned before, 2k's demo was NOT polished at all.

I actually just picked up 2k9. It's still wrapped up though. I'm sort of scared to open it. I might return it for 09.

blues12
Prospect
Prospect

Post by blues12 »

So since there is not a league created already im going to make one for us.
send me a friend request ill have it set up by tonight....

workdaytonye

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

Ehijo wrote:Anyone know if you'll be able to play as a goalie in Be-a-pro?
Yes, but first impressions lean towards it being a giant waste of time. Controls are very simplistic and most of your goals are based on stats (GAA, SV%, SO, etc). As good as you might be at the mechanics of the game, your starting goalie is ponderously slow. So if you choose a sub-par AHL team (like...oh....I don't know.....maybe the F'ING RIVERMEN!), your defense will routinely fall apart and allow passes from nearly impossible angles, resulting in shots that are (or at least seem to be) literally impossible to to stop. This is compounded by the fact that your defense generally only allows about 10 total shots on goal per game. The easy ones that, in real life, pad a goaltenders SV% are inevitably blocked by traffic.

So you have a choice. Either play out of position and loose points for doing so (and allow free-bee goals for cheating off the post), or rely on your defense and watch the rest of your stats plummet as a result.

This is just an initial impression. I'm about 10 games in. I may revise after a full season. But it doesn't look promising from a goaltender's standpoint.

ChrisD008
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ChrisD008 »

gamestop un in no-co had it today... i'm using my friends xbl account for the time being - DJHAWK007 but i'm down for gettin a team together here..

blues12
Prospect
Prospect

Post by blues12 »

Team name is THE LGB

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

blues12 wrote:Team name is THE LGB
who are you and why in the bloody hell did you hijack my project?!

EDIT: this clown is from the Asylum. I'll be setting up a proper team hopefully tonight. I'll post the info when available.

MNblues
Prospect
Prospect

Post by MNblues »

I'm down. I'll send you a friend request. I know of one other who'd like to join as well. We'll get in ouch with you. Thanks for setting this up. GT: OpalMantra
"Warrior People are not Panther People." - Barry McConnell