Fellow metal fans, I need some help

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Of the two...

Master of Puppets
82%
Fade to Black
18%

Total votes: 22

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Fellow metal fans, I need some help

Post by Ruutu15 »

Which is the best Metallica song of the two listed here?

(I think that Master of Puppets is one of the best songs of all time, but I was in a recent argument between these two songs, so...)

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Fellow metal fans, I need some help

Post by Kreegz2 »

i'm a big metallica fan, and i have to go with fade to black.

their best song is Welcome Home(Sanitarium) IMO.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Master of Puppets

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Master. Master!
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

From Ride The Lightning, I think For Whom The Bell Tolls is the better song. Fade to Black just takes too long to get going. Master of Puppets is definitely a better song than Fade to Black. Personally, I like Seek and Destroy best.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I like For whom the bell tolls better than both.. In fact I think now i'ma throw that whole album on the Ipod. 8)

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

I like Damage, Inc. off of that album the most, but I suppose that out of these two, MoP is the better song. Fade to Black is good song, but I think hearing that new song by them that sounds similar to it has ruined it for me.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

TC

Post by TC »

1) Fight Fire With Fire
2) Trapped Under Ice
3) Ride The Lightning
4) Creeping Death
5) Battery
6) Disposable Heroes
7) For Whom The Bell Tolls
8) Blitzkrieg
9) Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)
10) Damage, Inc.

neither are in the top 10. of the two, MOP by FAR and away. anyone who says fade to black is an emo fag or sobek.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

MoP

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Add a "they both suck balls" option and I'll vote. 8)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I think the whole Master of Puppets album is a masterpiece, but the title track is my favorite.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

goon attack wrote:Add a "they both suck balls" option and I'll vote. 8)
Aren't you a big fan of Martina McBride or some other hillbilly? That disqualifies you from voting.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Why do you even have to ask this... Master of Puppets, for sure.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ksbluesfan wrote:
Aren't you a big fan of Martina McBride or some other hillbilly? That disqualifies you from voting.
Martina McBride a "hillbilly?" Hardly. I don't know why she's even classified as country. She's more rock than country.

And regarding Metallica, well, before their music became overproduced and predictable, it was sophomoric and laughable.

"Searchin'.....SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!" :lol:

Lars is a d-bag, Hetfield can't sing, Hammett it totally overrated and they are all basically arrogant pricks, just like most metalheads. "WE'RE GREAT!" Whatevah, YOU SUCK!
:lol:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

goon attack wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
Martina McBride a "hillbilly?" Hardly. I don't know why she's even classified as country. She's more rock than country.

And regarding Metallica, well, before their music became overproduced and predictable, it was sophomoric and laughable.

"Searchin'.....SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!" :lol:

Lars is a d-bag, Hetfield can't sing, Hammett it totally overrated and they are all basically arrogant pricks, just like most metalheads. "WE'RE GREAT!" Whatevah, YOU SUCK!
i would think you, of all people, would love testosterone infused rock music rather some laugh worthy pop-country artist.

[youtube][/youtube]

or

[youtube][/youtube]
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I do love testosterone infused rock music.

[youtube][/youtube]

I also love talent. Martina McBride's talent is otherworldly as a live performer. I have never seen anybody as mind blowingly good as she is in concert.

[youtube][/youtube]

Her shows are a good time. When you get older, you want to have fun and relax and not be enraged and want to kill people every time you see a band.

;)

Comparing Metallica to a world class talent like Martina McBride is, well, in my opinion a complete fukken joke.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Classic.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ksbluesfan wrote:Classic.

"DEATH, RAPE, ANARCHY!!!!! MURDER!!!!! AUSCHWITZ!!!!!! ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!! RARRRRRRR!!!!!!"

Good every now and then, but as a way of life, not for me. 8)

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

The first four Metallica albums defined thrash. They were highly regarded as part of the Big Four of thrash, along with Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth. They changed metal. Love them or hate them, their influence is undeniable.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I'll acknowledge that. I don't find it to be enjoyable music though and never have. I was always more of a Maiden fan, then punk rock. Metallica never appealed to me for whatever reason. I do like some Slayer and other heavier bands. Machine Head comes immediately to mind. I more like the hardcore bands like Snapcase and Refused. The metal bands don't appeal to me that much.

My wife loves Metallica and I always give her shit about it. :lol: