MOTORHEAD - ST. LOUIS - THE PAGEANT - TONIGHT

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

MOTORHEAD - ST. LOUIS - THE PAGEANT - TONIGHT

Post by SIU LAW »

\m/ \m/

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: MOTORHEAD - ST. LOUIS - THE PAGEANT - TONIGHT

Post by SIU LAW »

[youtube][/youtube]

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I've never been able to get into them too much, but that would still be a pretty good show methinks. Have fun man. 8)

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I've never been able to get into them too much, but that would still be a pretty good show methinks. Have fun man. 8)
Listen to Overkill and Ace of Spades and be reborn.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I've heard great reviews of Motorizer, but I haven't heard it myself. It should be a great show.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Dammit, I wish I was in St. Louis...

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

They were in Denver on Sat. night but I couldn't make it. :cry: :cry: Does anybody have the new album yet?
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

big d note wrote:They were in Denver on Sat. night but I couldn't make it. :cry: :cry: Does anybody have the new album yet?

I do, and it should go without saying that it's awesome.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

I've never been a Motorhead fan. I guess that disqualifies me from being a "true" metal fan. I also hate Slayer. Flame away.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I didn't go but I received a text from the show. Do I get half a cookie?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

goon attack wrote:I didn't go but I received a text from the show. Do I get half a cookie?
I received three. I win. And no, you don't.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

You asshole. :x

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

STL JA wrote:I've never been a Motorhead fan. I guess that disqualifies me from being a "true" metal fan. I also hate Slayer. Flame away.
I'm not sure Motorhead should be classified as metal. A lot of their songs are more punk than metal. More metal fans than punk fans seem to like Motorhead though.

Slayer has their moments. I love Reign in Blood, but I could take or leave the rest of their catalog.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Lemmy doesn't categorize them as metal either.

"We are Motorhead! We play Rock 'n Roll!"

I admit that I was way late to get into Motorhead. I finally picked up a 2-disc greatest hits collection of theirs and went "holy (Frank), where have I been??" and listened to it non-stop for a while. I've bought all their new albums since that point (Inferno is extremely awesome) and I've been slowly adding their back catalog to my collection too. Seeing them live is just incredible too. The first time I saw them was in a small club in Dallas where we were about 20 feet from the stage. I'm glad I had my earplugs with me.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Ruutu15 wrote:Dammit, I wish I was in St. Louis...
I wish my wife wasn't at some damn conference in Canada and I was watching the kids. Hell, would have been worth it to have goon babysit for the show...

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the knob wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Dammit, I wish I was in St. Louis...
I wish my wife wasn't at some damn conference in Canada and I was watching the kids. Hell, would have been worth it to have goon babysit for the show...
I'm fukken SUPER DAD. You'd be so lucky to have me baby sit.

8)

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

What a sonic beat down.

Now I am a Motorhead fan, but not an obsessed superfan. But good god, what a show. Just pure, brutal power. I am glad I brought my ear plugs, because it was a deafening show. I have seen bands half or a third of their age, that are “heavier” or “more extreme” (and put on some great shows), but they all looked like amateurs compared to Motorhead.

The sad thing is, recordings just do not compare to what I saw last night.

They ended with Ace Of Spades and Overkill.

If you are even a casual fan of Motorhead, be sure to see them live once in your life.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

STL JA wrote:I received three. I win. And no, you don't.
I half wondered if any those would have ended up on here last night. :lol:
big d note wrote:Does anybody have the new album yet?
I was hoping to buy it at the show last night, but they didn’t have any copies for sale. That was odd.

Around here, I cannot pick up Motorhead at a local store. I will try to grab when I am in St. Louis/Metro-east next week. The new stuff sounded pretty killer live though!

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

SIU LAW wrote:The sad thing is, recordings just do not compare to what I saw last night.

They ended with Ace Of Spades and Overkill.

If you are even a casual fan of Motorhead, be sure to see them live once in your life.
:plusplus: I also recommend their live DVDs with the volume on your stereo cranked to 11 as a close substitute. And they probably haven't done a show in the last 20 years that didn't end with those two songs, but they still kick ass, even when Lemmy is bored and singing "Eight of Spades" instead.

Did Year Long Disaster open the show there (they were on the bill in Denver), and did you get there in time to see them? They were another reason I would've liked to go to this show. I saw them open for Clutch last year and they were pretty cool. Interestingly (to me), their bass player used to be in Speedealer, and he was in the band the first time I saw them which was when they opened for Motorhead the first time I saw them back in Dallas. Supposedly Speedealer has opened more times for Motorhead than any other band (at least that was true a few years ago), which is further proof of how much Speedealer kicks ass too.

I've got a grey short-sleeved work shirt that I got off eBay with a Lemmy nametag on one side and a big Ace of Spades patch on the other. It would be awesome to get Lemmy to sign that someday. 8)

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

big d note wrote:Did Year Long Disaster open the show
No.

The Misfits cancelled. So it was A.R.G. and Valient Thorr. Never heard of either before the show. I liked A.R.G. alright (but felt no need to ever buy one of their albums), but Valient Thorr was just awful. Awful. They shouldn't be touring venues, but trailer parks. The looked and acted like they fell out of a 1970s shanty that resides next to a swamp.