MOTORHEAD - ST. LOUIS - THE PAGEANT - TONIGHT

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: MOTORHEAD - ST. LOUIS - THE PAGEANT - TONIGHT

Post by STL JA »

SIU LAW wrote:
big d note wrote:Did Year Long Disaster open the show
No.

The Misfits cancelled. So it was A.R.G. and Valient Thorr. Never heard of either before the show. I liked A.R.G. alright (but felt no need to ever buy one of their albums), but Valient Thorr was just awful. Awful. They shouldn't be touring venues, but trailer parks. The looked and acted like they fell out of a 1970s shanty that resides next to a swamp.
I HATE opening bands.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

That’s not fair. There are a lot of bands I have become a fan of after I saw them on the opening slot.

I remember when we saw Lamb of God opening for Anthrax. Lamb of God was a tough act to follow.

I admit there is alot of crap out there, but you have to wade through it to find some good new music. However, with Myspace now, it is easy to check out a band in advanced to see if you should up later in the night or not.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I rarely like opening bands.. But I have seen a couple I enjoyed here and there. The only two shows I've been to at the pageant was to catch one of the opening bands, then I skipped out on the headliner (Disturbed and Mudvayne).

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Labels often push acts into the opening slot. That can be disasterous. I hate it when a band comes to town and picks a local act as the opener. In most cases, there's a reason the local band is still a local band.

My first concert was The Who. The opening act was The Pretenders. I don't remember if it was 1979 or 1980.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I rarely like opening bands.. But I have seen a couple I enjoyed here and there. The only two shows I've been to at the pageant was to catch one of the opening bands, then I skipped out on the headliner (Disturbed and Mudvayne).
Was COC one of the bands you wanted to see? Because years ago I wanted to see COC open up for Disturbed and had the same plan.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

SIU LAW wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I rarely like opening bands.. But I have seen a couple I enjoyed here and there. The only two shows I've been to at the pageant was to catch one of the opening bands, then I skipped out on the headliner (Disturbed and Mudvayne).
Was COC one of the bands you wanted to see? Because years ago I wanted to see COC open up for Disturbed and had the same plan.
Yulp.. I don't know if I told the story on here before but I went with 2 friends.. 1 was a girl who also wanted to see CoC same as me and another was a friend who wanted to see Disturbed.. Me and the girl went outside during Disturbed's set and wound up meeting CoC and talking to their drummer for quite a while.. We come back later and find our other friend to find out he was beaten in the pit so bad he was knocked unconscious and was drug out by the security. Needless to say we had a lot more fun catching the opening act than he did seeing the headliner. :lol:

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

SIU LAW wrote:That’s not fair.
It's not, but that's life. :lol:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Yulp.. I don't know if I told the story on here before but I went with 2 friends.. 1 was a girl who also wanted to see CoC same as me and another was a friend who wanted to see Disturbed.. Me and the girl went outside during Disturbed's set and wound up meeting CoC and talking to their drummer for quite a while.. We come back later and find our other friend to find out he was beaten in the pit so bad he was knocked unconscious and was drug out by the security. Needless to say we had a lot more fun catching the opening act than he did seeing the headliner. :lol:

I never would have imagined a Disturbed pit being that violent. Then again, I guess 16 year olds are getting bigger these days... :lol:

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Ruutu15 wrote:I guess 16 year olds are getting bigger these days... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me when I say this is hilarious. You don't know why, but STL JA does. :lol:

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

SIU LAW wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:I guess 16 year olds are getting bigger these days... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me when I say this is hilarious. You don't know why, but STL JA does. :lol:
:lol:

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

big d note wrote:Does anybody have the new album yet?
I’ve had this for a week or two now. It’s “ok.” Not bad, just average Motorhead. If you don’t have either one of them, I would pick up the prior album, Kiss of Death (2006), over this current one. Like I said, not a bad album, just average. I thought Kiss of Death was a really good, modern Motorhead album.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Thanks for the review. I have Kiss of Death but haven't listened to it too much. I like God Was Never On Your Side and R.A.M.O.N.E.S. from that one. My favorite recent album from them is Inferno by far, with probably We Are Motorhead after that. Do you have No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith?
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now