Cardinals boss: Ballpark Village moving forward

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Cardinals boss: Ballpark Village moving forward

Post by stinkdified »

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/busine ... enDocument
Despite the weak economy and shaky credit markets, Ballpark Village is still moving forward, Cardinals President Bill DeWitt III told the St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers Thursday.

Site work on the $320 million first phase of the long-awaited project will begin early next year, and the Cardinals and co-developer Cordish Co. are seeking approval for a $100 million tax increment financing bond to be issued in March. Once that happens, construction will start in earnest, DeWitt said.

"We're moving down the path," he said. "We're committed to the project."

DeWitt acknowledged that the volatile credit market had raised some questions about Ballpark Village. But he said he was confident that bond markets will improve by March. "We remain very optimistic," he said. "If some semblance of normalcy comes to the market and the range of volatility in the bond markets, we'll be in great shape."

The Cardinals and Cordish are due to present a site plan Nov. 6 to the Missouri Downtown Economic Stimulus Authority, one of several agencies that must approve public funding for the project. They designed a new site plan after deciding to put off condominiums until phase two because of the weak housing market.

DeWitt gave a preview to the council, showing off the 20-story office building and entertainment district he hopes to build just north of Busch Stadium. The developers have lease agreements on 80 percent of the space in the first phase of Ballpark Village, contingent on March's bond sale, he said.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Cardinals boss: Ballpark Village moving forward

Post by stlmark »

I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

stlewis11
Prospect
Prospect

Post by stlewis11 »

Wonder what the view would be like when the all-star game come to town.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

stlewis11 wrote:Wonder what the view would be like when the all-star game come to town.
They were saying that you'll probably see a lot of construction, some cranes...stuff like that. Probably not going to look too good because it won't be ready.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

cprice12 wrote:
stlewis11 wrote:Wonder what the view would be like when the all-star game come to town.
They were saying that you'll probably see a lot of construction, some cranes...stuff like that. Probably not going to look too good because it won't be ready.
I can't imagine it would cost too much to simply landscape it somewhat attractively and make it a park-type area just for the ASG.....

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: adversity tries them

Post by stinkdified »

yutrero499 wrote:prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.

-------------------------
THE website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. wow power leveling 60-70, Cheap WoW gold 10000G. The Professional wow power leveling! Powerlevel now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling, World Of Warcraft gold bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Warcraft gold,

this shit is pissing me off.
i hate wow
and we are getting infected by a terrible wow bot.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

stinkdified wrote:

THE website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. wow power leveling 60-70, Cheap WoW gold 10000G. The Professional wow power leveling! Powerlevel now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling, World Of Warcraft gold bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Warcraft gold,

i hate wow
Don't blame the game.. Players hate it too.. This is just a small leak to here.. When you're actually playing they find all sorts of ways to harass you about it.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
stinkdified wrote:

i hate wow
Don't blame the game.. Players hate it too.. This is just a small leak to here.. When you're actually playing they find all sorts of ways to harass you about it.
God, when the oxpg people start coming on here I'm gonna go ballistic. No tell macros here to fill there chat tab.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller