Introducing Myself

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by goon attack »

section319 wrote:2Pac even said it himself, he didn't start gang killings and poverty he just raps about it. And for anyone to think that he added to gangs and gangs killing people is just ridiculous. If 2pac had never been a famous rapper that wouldn't have stopped any gang killings, would it have stopped people from liking rap and listening to rap maybe, but it wouldn't have stopped any gang killings, those have been around since the 60's or 70's when the crips and the bloods started, that had nothing to do with 2pac.

Look: the dude got offed in a drive by. He was arrested numerous times. He was shot previously.

Guess what all that equals? Yep: LOSER.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

...all of this brought to you by this guy:

2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

how do you explain all this, 319? Assaults? Fights with Crips? Yeah, Tupac Shakur was a saint. He wasn't involved in anything shady. :lol: You're calling other people ridiculous? :lol:
September 1996 shooting

The famous photograph of Shakur's last moment alive, taken just minutes before the drive-by shooting, from the cover of the book The Killing of Tupac Shakur by Cathy Scott
On the night of September 7, 1996, Shakur attended the Mike Tyson - Bruce Seldon boxing match at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. After leaving the match, one of Suge's associates spotted 21 year-old Orlando "Baby Lane" Anderson, a member of the Southside Crips, in the MGM Grand lobby and informed Shakur. Shakur then attacked Anderson. Shakur's entourage, as well as Suge Knight and his followers assisted in assaulting Anderson. The fight was captured on the hotel's video surveillance. A few weeks earlier, Anderson and a group of Crips had robbed a member of Death Row's entourage in a Foot Locker store, precipitating Shakur's attack. After the brawl, Shakur went to rendezvous with Suge to go to Death Row-owned Club 662 (now known as restaurant/club Seven). He rode in Knights's 1996 black BMW 750iL sedan as part of a larger convoy including many in Shakur's entourage.
At 10:55 p.m., while paused at a red light, Shakur rolled down his window and a photographer took his photograph.[43] At around 11:00-11:05 p.m., they were halted on Las Vegas Blvd. by Metro bicycle cops for playing the car stereo too loud and not having license plates. The plates were then found in the trunk of Suge's car; they were released without being fined a few minutes later.[44][43] At about 11:10 p.m., while stopped at a red light at Flamingo Road near the intersection of Koval Lane in front of the Maxim Hotel, a vehicle occupied by two women pulled up on their right side. Shakur, who was standing up through the sunroof, exchanged words with the two women, and invited them to go to Club 662.[43] At approximately 11:15 p.m., a white, four-door, late-model, Cadillac driven by unknown person(s) pulled up to the sedan's right side, rolled down one of the windows, and rapidly fired around twelve to thirteen shots at Shakur. He was struck by four rounds, hitting him in the chest, the pelvis, and his right hand and thigh.[5][43] One of the rounds apparently ricocheted into Shakur's right lung.[45] Suge was hit in the head by shrapnel, though it is thought that a bullet grazed him.[46] According to Suge, a bullet from the gunfire had been lodged in his skull, but medical reports later contradicted this statement.[47]
And since this guy wasn't a thug, the fact that he has "THUG LIFE" tattooed on his torso just makes him a big pussy poseur, right?

Face it--he was either a thug or a fraud. Either way, he should be an object of scorn and ridicule, not praise.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

ViPeRx007 wrote:...all of this brought to you by this guy:

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought 'My name is Humpty' every time they saw this thread.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:
goon attack wrote:You may be right. If his death means more bullets are flying, then he should have lived.

But I guess 319 would be jamming out to al-qaeda right now if they had mad flow

Are you really going to compare al-qaeda to 2pac? I mean come on 2pac wasn't a terrorist, you can't even prove the man killed a single person, and no matter what you want to say he didn't start gangs, he didn't start gang killings. Just because he rapped about it doesn't mean he had any involvement with it. Am I saying he didn't hang with gangs or people who killed other people? No I am not, but to compare him to al-qaeda is just ridiculous and you know that, no matter how our views differ on things, you aren't an idiot, you know that neither of those things have to do with the other.

And I am not a wigger, I don't have a chinstrap or a puffy jacket. And a lot of rappers now a days don't have talent, but if there was one rapper who did it is 2pac, you say he doesn't have talent, but I would like to see you guys make a beat and a rap that people would like and not think is total shit, and a lot of people now like shit rap music. No matter what you say not everyone can rap well.
Calm down, man. I hear where you're coming from, and most people who like rap love 2Pac. I'm just saying that I don't see it. I don't see how he stands up to ANY of the raps that Ice Cube wrote as a member of NWA.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Something doesn't look right on the NWA's wiki page....

EDIT: Looks like it got fixed. Someone photoshopped Vanilla Ice into the band photo and had him listed as band member. Funny shit...
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Ruutu15 wrote: Calm down, man.
I'm perfectly calm, dude.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote: Calm down, man.
I'm perfectly calm, dude.
Your roll.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Goon, when in any of my posts did I say that he wasn't a thug or participate in an shady or bad criminal acts? I never said he didn't participate in it, but you were making it seem like he started it. My post was just saying that just because he rapped about it didn't have anything to do with what happened and happens with gangs. All of that stuff would have without 2pac to blame 2pac for gangs and killings is ridiculous.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

section319 wrote:Goon, when in any of my posts did I say that he wasn't a thug or participate in an shady or bad criminal acts? I never said he didn't participate in it, but you were making it seem like he started it. My post was just saying that just because he rapped about it didn't have anything to do with what happened and happens with gangs. All of that stuff would have without 2pac to blame 2pac for gangs and killings is ridiculous.

I blame tupac for what tupac did. And I blame tupac for being a thug because where one thug goes, other thugs follow to fukk with thug #1 and innocent people have to deal with it.

The bar I worked in for years had some regulars known as SHARP skinheads. SHARP stands for "Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice" so they were the "good" ones, allegedly. :roll:

So, while I was on good terms with several of these cats and some of them were and even still are pretty good friends of mine, every few months, some Nazi skins would come looking for them to kick some ass, just as the SHARPS would go looking for the Nazi skins to start some shit with.

While yeah, I was always rooting for the SHARPS and even had to throw a little bit on occasion against these Nazi skinheads, the whole thing sucked because we were just trying to run a bar where people could have fun, not be part of some stupid quasi-gang battleground where one group was "right" and the other was "wrong."

They were both wrong in my opinion, because nobody wants to deal with that juvenile bullshit.

Point is, gangbangers are a fukken joke because they aren't men. They front and use guns because they have no fukken balls or confidence as men. Pulling a gun is a JOKE. A 5 year old could win any battle with one.

He had plenty to do with it. He was in it and he glorified it. Did he ever have a positive message for these young men in crisis? Does he hold young men accountable for sticking around if they have a kid? I highly fukken doubt it but if I'm wrong, show me and I'll take back what I'm saying.

Tupac Shakur can blow my ballsack.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

goon attack wrote:He had plenty to do with it. He was in it and he glorified it. Did he ever have a positive message for these young men in crisis? Does he hold young men accountable for sticking around if they have a kid? I highly fukken doubt it but if I'm wrong, show me and I'll take back what I'm saying.

[Verse One:]

Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots
I give a holler to my sisters on welfare
Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care
And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
When you come around the block brothas clown a lot
But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up
Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up
And when he tells you you ain't nuttin don't believe him
And if he can't learn to love you you should leave him
Cause sista you don't need him
And I ain't tryin to gas ya up, I just call em how I see em
You know it makes me unhappy (what's that)
When brothas make babies, and leave a young mother to be a pappy
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up

[Chorus]

Keep ya head up, oooo child things are gonna get easier
ooooo child things are
get brighter [2x]

[Verse Two:]

Aiyyo, I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing ta me
He had me feelin like black was tha thing to be
And suddenly tha ghetto didn't seem so tough
And though we had it rough, we always had enough
I huffed and puffed about my curfew and broke the rules
Ran with the local crew, and had a smoke or two
And I realize momma really paid the price
She nearly gave her life, to raise me right
And all I had ta give her was my pipe dream
Of how I'd rock the mic, and make it to tha bright screen
I'm tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents
It's hard to be legit and still pay tha rent
And in the end it seems I'm headin for tha pen
I try and find my friends, but they're blowin in the wind
Last night my buddy lost his whole family
It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity
It seems tha rain'll never let up
I try to keep my head up, and still keep from gettin wet up
You know it's funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor
Say there ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is
it ain't no hope for tha future
And then they wonder why we crazy
I blame my mother, for turning my brother into a crack baby
We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup
And even though you're fed up
Huh, ya got to keep your head up

[Chorus]

[Verse Three:]

And uhh
To all the ladies havin babies on they own
I know it's kinda rough and you're feelin all alone
Daddy's long gone and he left you by ya lonesome
Thank the Lord for my kids, even if nobody else want em
Cause I think we can make it, in fact, I'm sure
And if you fall, stand tall and comeback for more
Cause ain't nuttin worse than when your son
wants to kno why his daddy don't love him no mo'
You can't complain you was dealt this
hell of a hand without a man, feelin helpless
Because there's too many things for you to deal with
Dying inside, but outside you're looking fearless
While da tears, is rollin down your cheeks
Ya steady hopin things don't fall down this week
Cause if it did, you couldn't take it, and don't blame me
I was given this world I didn't make it
And now my son's getten older and older and cold
From havin the world on his shoulders
While the rich kids is drivin Benz
I'm still tryin to hold on to my survivin friends
And it's crazy, it seems it'll never let up, but
please... you got to keep your head up

The song "Keep Ya Head Up", he talks about men not sticking around after they have gotten a woman pregnant, that is one example.

Another example is "Changes".

[1]
Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor & even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

[Bridge w/ changing ad libs]
Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
aww yeah
[Repeat]

[2]
I see no changes all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
one better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
and only time we chill is when we kill each other
it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

[Bridge]

[Talking:]
We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive.

[3]
And still I see no changes can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets & the war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs
so the police can bother me
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do
But now I'm back with the facts givin' it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up,
crack you up and pimp smack you up
You gotta learn to hold ya own
they get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone
But tell the cops they can't touch this
I don't trust this when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool you say it ain't cool
my mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black I gotta stay strapped
& I never get to lay back
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs
some punk that I roughed up way back
comin' back after all these years
rat-tat-tat-tat-tat that's the way it is uhh

And that is a just couple examples, there are more.

And don't get the wrong idea with all of this goon, I am not saying I support gangs and gang killings and any other criminal acts associated with gangs, I just like the music.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:
Pulling a gun is a JOKE.

You try any of your shit with us, you pull a piece out on the lanes? I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass, and pull the trigger til it goes 'click'.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

319:

Yeah, the first song has a positive message but the second one is fukken lame.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Pulling a gun is a JOKE.

You try any of your shit with us, you pull a piece out on the lanes? I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass, and pull the trigger til it goes 'click'.
Jesus.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

So anyway....

Hey there NickofTime!
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Pulling a gun is a JOKE.

Jesus.
You said it, man. No one fucks with the Jesus.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

He's a sex offender with a record.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Please allow me to introduce myself.
I'm a man of wealth and taste.

BTW Do you think the blacks felt the same way about Vanilla Ice that the whites did about Jackie Robinson?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:He's a sex offender with a record.
What's a pederast, Walter?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Rug-peers did not do this. I mean look at it. Young trophy wife. Marries a guy for money but figures he isn't giving her enough. She owes money all over town--