Michelob Golden Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Michelob Golden Draft

Post by Philo »

Has anyone had this beer and if so what do you think about it?
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Michelob Golden Draft

Post by abc789987 »

The first time I had it was at my brothers wedding reception two years ago in Minnesota. I had never even heard of it before that. Apparently it is really popular up in the north. It's just another American lager...

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I often have to pick up cases for a friend in StL because it's not available in the immediate metro east. It is available in Clinton County, IL and since I visit my grandparents out there, I'm usually tasked with picking up a few cases to cart back to the city.

It's not bad for your BL, ML, etc etc type of beer.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

It is rather smooth. I still prefer old fashioned Michelob out of all the Michelob family.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

i've heard good things. ab also didn't used to carry bush ice here in stl, i learned about it in chicago (wince). it is actually delicious for an ice beer, i couldn't understand why they didn't sell it here. I guess it boils down to what the upper echelons think is 'marketing'
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

[beer snob]This discussion must be what it's like listening to the homeless discuss what kind of garbage is most delicious[/beer snob]
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

I've had it a few different times... it's not bad... I've probably had 10 or 12

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

goon attack wrote:[beer snob]This discussion must be what it's like listening to the homeless discuss what kind of garbage is most delicious[/beer snob]

This discussion is much better then reading about how fantastic you think you are. :doh:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Goddamn, I'm balls deep in your dome.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:[beer snob]This discussion must be what it's like listening to the homeless discuss what kind of garbage is most delicious[/beer snob]

I dig what you're saying. I can, and do, drink ANY kind of beer. The only thing worse than a beer snob is a wine snob.

Like I always say, my two favorite kinds of beer are cold and free.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

That wasn't me speaking, that was me imitating what a beer snob would say.

I really like Michelob when I'm in the mood for it. Haven't tried the Golden Draft.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:That wasn't me speaking, that was me imitating what a beer snob would say.

I really like Michelob when I'm in the mood for it. Haven't tried the Golden Draft.
I know, and I was just furthering your point because I agree with you.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:That wasn't me speaking, that was me imitating what a beer snob would say.

Can you two stop fingerbanging each other?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:

:lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:

Things slow at the glory hole today? Just be patient, we'll be right there. Don't get off your knees.

KJVO_1611
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KJVO_1611 »

Alcohol Statistics

* More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke.1

* At least once a year, the guidelines for low risk drinking are exceeded by an estimated 74% of male drinkers and 72% of female drinkers aged 21 and older.2

* 65% of youth surveyed said that they got the alcohol they drink from family and friends.7

* Nearly 14 million Americans meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders.5

* Youth who drink alcohol are 50 times more likely to use cocaine than those who never drink alcohol.3

* Among current adult drinkers, more than half say they have a blood relative who is or was an alcoholic or problem drinker.1

* Across people of all ages, males are four times as likely as females to be heavy drinkers.1

* More than 18% of Americans experience alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence at some time in their lives.6

* Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for persons aged 6–33. About 45% of these fatalities are in alcohol-related crashes.4

* Underage drinking costs the United States more than $58 billion every year — enough to buy every public school student a state-of-the-art computer.2

* Alcohol is the most commonly used drug among young people.1

* Problem drinkers average four times as many days in the hospital as nondrinkers — mostly because of drinking-related injuries.1

* Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined.2

* Concerning the past 30 days, 50% of high school seniors report drinking, with 32% report being drunk at least once.2

Sources
1 Substance Abuse: The Nation’s Number One Health Problem, Feb. 2001
2 Mothers Against Drunk Driving
3 National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse
4 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
5 Alcohol Health & Research World
6 National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Analysis
7 The Century Council
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

A lot of those are really shoddy statistics.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Well now we know who's no fun at a party.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

KJVO_1611 wrote:Alcohol Statistics

* More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke.1

* At least once a year, the guidelines for low risk drinking are exceeded by an estimated 74% of male drinkers and 72% of female drinkers aged 21 and older.2

* 65% of youth surveyed said that they got the alcohol they drink from family and friends.7

* Nearly 14 million Americans meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders.5

* Youth who drink alcohol are 50 times more likely to use cocaine than those who never drink alcohol.3

* Among current adult drinkers, more than half say they have a blood relative who is or was an alcoholic or problem drinker.1

* Across people of all ages, males are four times as likely as females to be heavy drinkers.1

* More than 18% of Americans experience alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence at some time in their lives.6

* Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for persons aged 6–33. About 45% of these fatalities are in alcohol-related crashes.4

* Underage drinking costs the United States more than $58 billion every year — enough to buy every public school student a state-of-the-art computer.2

* Alcohol is the most commonly used drug among young people.1

* Problem drinkers average four times as many days in the hospital as nondrinkers — mostly because of drinking-related injuries.1

* Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined.2

* Concerning the past 30 days, 50% of high school seniors report drinking, with 32% report being drunk at least once.2

Sources
1 Substance Abuse: The Nation’s Number One Health Problem, Feb. 2001
2 Mothers Against Drunk Driving
3 National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse
4 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
5 Alcohol Health & Research World
6 National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Analysis
7 The Century Council

And your point, is?

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

Prngr44 wrote:I often have to pick up cases for a friend in StL because it's not available in the immediate metro east. It is available in Clinton County, IL and since I visit my grandparents out there, I'm usually tasked with picking up a few cases to cart back to the city.

It's not bad for your BL, ML, etc etc type of beer.

Where in Clinton Co. can you get it?