Bowl games

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Bowl games

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Anyone see the Longhorns win it late in the game over Ohio State? Fun 4th quarter.

Hope the OU Florida game is that good on Thursday.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Bowl games

Post by tsblue »

Great game with an unfortunate ending. I like Florida to pummel OU. Another season to further prove a playoff is needed. Throw in Fla, Tex, OU, USC, Utah, add 3 others and let them fight it out, until then it is all speculation and a bunch of meaningless games. Can you imagine the NFL or College BB without their playoffs? How about "voting" on the MLB winner? Let's rank the NHL teams and have sportwriters and coaches pick the Cup winner...absurd.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I think it was Mike Lupica who said that Utah's athletic department should order the team National Champions hats and t-shirts. If anyone bitches about it, Utah could say "play us". They've proven their case.

That OSU/Texas game was a good one, but I honestly thought before the game that Texas would beat them like a drum. If they played 5 more times, Texas would win by 17 points all 5 times, and no I'm not a Texas fan.

I hate both teams in the title game, but I like Oklahoma to win. If it's a close game, Florida will beat them though.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

Ruutu15 wrote:I think it was Mike Lupica who said that Utah's athletic department should order the team National Champions hats and t-shirts. If anyone bitches about it, Utah could say "play us". They've proven their case.

That OSU/Texas game was a good one, but I honestly thought before the game that Texas would beat them like a drum. If they played 5 more times, Texas would win by 17 points all 5 times, and no I'm not a Texas fan.

I hate both teams in the title game, but I like Oklahoma to win. If it's a close game, Florida will beat them though.
Which is why you need a true playoff, this "if they played 5 more times" stuff. The only thing that matters is how you play, not how good someone thinks you are. If that mattered the Yankees would never lose, the NE media would simply have a 5 month homage to their greatness.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

OU will take Florida. Sam Bradford is an unstoppable killing machine.. F*ck Tebow.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Suck.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

tsblue wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:I think it was Mike Lupica who said that Utah's athletic department should order the team National Champions hats and t-shirts. If anyone bitches about it, Utah could say "play us". They've proven their case.

Which is why you need a true playoff, this "if they played 5 more times" stuff. The only thing that matters is how you play, not how good someone thinks you are. If that mattered the Yankees would never lose, the NE media would simply have a 5 month homage to their greatness.

I agree with you.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

OMFG it is over the top how much the announcers are sucking off Tim Tebow.. Pry your lips off of his dick for 3 seconds please. They've barely even mentioned THIS year's heisman winner who oh yeah happens to be in this game.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:OMFG it is over the top how much the announcers are sucking off Tim Tebow.. Pry your lips off of his dick for 3 seconds please. They've barely even mentioned THIS year's heisman winner who oh yeah happens to be in this game.
It's Brett Favre syndrome.

This morning on Sportscenter, I had to listen to Kirk Herbstreit, a guy I generally don't mind, wax poetic on Tim Tebow's "will" and how he "just refuses to lose big football games." If that's so, then why did he lose to Ole Miss this year? And on the flip side, are you going to tell me that Sam Bradford doesn't have overpowering "will" that allows him to never lose big games? Please.

Florida's defense won that game last night, not Tebow. Oklahoma had the highest scoring offense of all time and they scored 14 points. Unless Tebow was out there on the defensive side of the ball, it wasn't all him and it sure as hell just wasn't his "will" and refusal "to lose big football games.

Gag.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Right on.. It was a good game.. I've seen probably 3-4 Sooners games this year and Florida's defense controlled them like no other.

Hell when they showed that clip of Tebow saying "you'll NEVER see ANYONE play as hard as I'm going to the rest of the year" I just wanted to kick the dude in the nuts.. What a conceited d-bag.

It was ridiculous how much the announcers were pulling for the Gators though.

Sucks for Oklahoma.. That's pretty much the 2nd time this decade they had to play for the national title where the other team essentially had a home game for it.. (vs. LSU in the sugar bowl, vs. florida in the Orange bowl). They should get a cow-tipping bowl so the Sooners can get a home bowl game too.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've never been a fan of Stoops or Oklahoma but I was pulling for them last night. Mainly for the reason you stated, the Tebow love and the overall douchebaggery of Tebow and the Gators program.

I wish there was some newspaper or magazine that had the balls to print a "Tebow Circumsizes Sooners" headline. It would make me chuckle. :grin:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Haters.

And if you thought you hated this year, you're going to hate next year even more. Tebow has the opportunity to become the greatest college player in history. Four years, three NCs, two Heismans would pretty well do it.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Haters.

And if you thought you hated this year, you're going to hate next year even more. Tebow has the opportunity to become the greatest college player in history. Four years, three NCs, two Heismans would pretty well do it.
Yea, those other scrubs on Florida's roster will have had nothing to do with it :P
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Haters.

Yea, those other scrubs on Florida's roster will have had nothing to do with it :P
Exactly. I've got nothing against Tebow--he's a great player. But its like Brett Favre, the media's coverage of his is annoying, borderling nauseating. It's always about him, there's no other pieces to the puzzle. His will, his grit, his skill...

Look at Favre's last year in Green Bay--the team made the NFC Championship and Favre took a lot of the credit. This year, Aaron Rodgers played great, but the defense, a strong point in '07, was terrible and the offense couldn't overcome the inability to stop other teams from scoring.

The point--you take all the weapons Tebow has away from him, you take that defense away, and no one is talking about his will, his grit, his skill. Yes, he's a great leader and yes, he's probably going to go down as one of the greatest college football players ever and rightfully so. But its not all him and it never will be, although ESPN will try telling me over and over that it is.