Kid Kills Mom Over Halo 3

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kid Kills Mom Over Halo 3

Post by cprice12 »

Teen killed mother in Halo 3 row
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7826663.stm

A US teenager killed his mother and wounded his father in revenge after they took away his violent computer game, a judge has ruled.

The defence team for Daniel Petric, 17, had argued his addiction to the Halo 3 game, in which players shoot invading aliens, had made him insane.

But the judge rejected this, saying he had planned revenge for weeks.

Petric, of Ohio, was tried as an adult and faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole.

On the night of the shooting in October 2007, Petric used his father's key to open a lockbox and remove a 9mm handgun and the game, the court heard.

His father Mark, who was shot in the head and survived, testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

He said he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.

The Associated Press news agency reports that Microsoft, which owns the intellectual property for the game, declined to comment beyond a statement saying: "We are aware of the situation and it is a tragic case."
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Kid Kills Mom Over Halo 3

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

He said he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.
Wow.. That is one sick (Franking) kid... I'm sure some morons'll argue the game made him that way, but it's pretty obvious that this is just one messed up kid who belongs behind bars.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

Wow.. That is one sick (Frank) kid... I'm sure some morons'll argue the game made him that way, but it's pretty obvious that this is just one messed up kid who belongs behind bars.
Whoever his defense attorney is probably can't argue anything else in defense of the kid, that's all they got :lol:

SHOULD be an open and shut case but depends who the judge is if they take the "Halo made me do it" crap even remotely seriously. He's doing serious time either way obviously, the only variable is if Microsoft is brought into it or the judge just basically tells the defense attorney to shut up.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

To be fair, there is a level in Halo where you have to kill your own parents by telling them to close their eyes.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Update: He was found guilty of murder.
Teen convicted of killing mother over video game

By M.R. KROPKO – 1 day ago

ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A judge Monday rejected the defense that a teenage boy opened fire on his family because he was addicted to video games, convicting him of wounding his clergyman father and killing his mother after they fought over a video game.

Lawyers for Daniel Petric, 17, didn't contest that the boy shot his parents in October 2007, but insisted his youth and video game addiction made him less responsible. But Common Pleas Judge James Burge disagreed and pointed to evidence the boy plotted the crime for weeks.

Petric was convicted of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and other charges. He faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole. The judge didn't set a sentencing date.

Prosecutors said Petric planned to kill his parents because he was angry that his father would not allow him to play the video game "Halo 3," in which players shoot alien monsters that have taken over the Earth.

During the trial, deputy prosecuting attorney Anthony Cillo described Petric as a cold, calculating killer who plotted to murder his parents, Mark and Susan Petric, and make it appear to be a murder-suicide by putting the gun in his father's hand.

Defense Attorney James Kersey has said that Petric was obsessed with the "Halo" series of video games, which he played 18 hours a day when he had the chance. Petric used his father's key to open a lockbox and remove a 9 mm handgun and the game.

Mark Petric, who is a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

The father, who recovered from the shooting, testified that he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from a gunshot. His wife, Susan, 43, died of gunshot wound to the head.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

What's the big deal? I'm sure in some culture somewhere, this is acceptable so we must accept it because our country and culture sucks so much.

sincerely,

~take a wild fukken guess
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:What's the big deal? I'm sure in some culture somewhere, this is acceptable so we must accept it because our country and culture sucks so much.

sincerely,

~take a wild fukken guess
Your kids?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

When you contribute the perpetuation of the species, let me know. Right now, you're just a parasite.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

:lol: :lol:

So not having the intelligence to use a condom means you're a contributor? :lol: :lol:

Wow.. Just wow... :roll:

Repeal-56a
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Repeal-56a »

Is there a disproportionate number of preachers kids/ministers kids that grow up and do sick shit, or does it just stick out more when it is reported?

I mean if they had said "son of a welder" I wouldn't have noticed, still it seems like there is a correlation.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Was he listening to Judas Priest or Ozzy prior to the incident? How 'bout The End by the Doors?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote::lol: :lol:

So not having the intelligence to use a condom means you're a contributor? :lol: :lol:

You've got no stake in the future, kid. You're just a drain on the world.

Explain to me how by NOT procreating you're contributing biologically. This should be good.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Dude there are all sorts of crackheads out there with 5 kids from 5 baby mamas.. Don't make them contributors to society.

Contributing to society means holding down a job that contributes to the economy and provides a service.

Putting your dick in someone and being too much of a re-re to wrap it up doesn't qualify.

Not to mention I'm 24 years old not 97 like you.

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

goon attack wrote:

Explain to me how by NOT procreating you're contributing biologically. This should be good.

he's not thining the gene pool like you are.
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Philo wrote:
goon attack wrote:

he's not thining the gene pool like you are.
That will be enough out of all of you.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Leedog wrote:Was he listening to Judas Priest or Ozzy prior to the incident? How 'bout The End by the Doors?
He was probably reading "Catcher in the Rye," watching "Basketball Diaries" and ready to play Grand Theft Auto too.

I'm not making light of the story, by the way. I'm making light by the way the story is covered.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I think we should blame Marilyn Manson.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Philo/Goon/MEG...

So...do we have to put up with you guys bickering in every thread you participate in together?

Come on...it's gettin' old.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

negronic
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by negronic »

seriously guys, more drama?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

cprice12 wrote:Philo/Goon/MEG...

So...do we have to put up with you guys bickering in every thread you participate in together?

Come on...it's gettin' old.

It's not bickering. We're just fukking with one another. At least me and MEG are.

Fukken relax. :|