Look what I just bought

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby TSUCookieMonster » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Spectator's is so awesome.. The main bartender there went to WashU so for some reason every time i'm in there I get free drinks.. Outside of that I hear he's super skeezy.. Like the rumor was that a girl applied to be a bartender and his first question was "what do you think of cumstains on your teeth?".. Lol, how can you NOT love a place like that?

Last time I was in there it was July 3rd and I was in town for the holiday hanging out with a friend.. Ran into some guy we knew from HS who apparently worked for AB and told us to order whatever we wanted on them (guess he had a company credit card or somethin)..

Like I said I love drinking in Jeff.. It's like every bar is Pop's.. Only way cheaper.


A friend of mine was hospitalized after getting jumped by 4 guys outside of Spectators, so I tend to stay away from that area.

I prefer Paddy Malone's or Kegleys.
Image

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
User avatar
TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:21 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Kegley's is downtown right? I think we ended up goin in there on 4th of July and were really unimpressed.. The bartender was being a super dick to my friend for paying with credit card.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby TSUCookieMonster » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Kegley's is downtown right? I think we ended up goin in there on 4th of July and were really unimpressed.. The bartender was being a super dick to my friend for paying with credit card.


Yeah, it's down the way a bit from Mike's Corner Pocket. They let me pay w/credit card... odd... Prison Brews is AWESOME... pretty new over on the East end of town. Inexpensive micro-brew beer. Great stuff.
Image

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
User avatar
TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:21 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby Rohan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:Yes, it is a 35 minute drive to or from Jeff City.

I just couldn't stand it any longer I had to move!


Jeff City isn't that bad!!!

Way better than Lawrence. At least they have a decent pub there that doesn't have college students trying to get up on my wife...

so what if it's a gay bar?!


I looove drinking in Jeff.. At least as a novelty.. The beer is so retarded cheap nobody here even believes me.. (3 dollars pitchers.. not a special).. The hoosier-watching is unbelievable.. And you can walk into a bar, then walk into it 6 months later and see the same dozen people in the exact same seats.. But like I said it's a novelty for me, I wouldn't enjoy it if that was where I still lived.


Let me get this straight. Hoosiers from Columbia go to Jeff City to watch other Hoosiers?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog
User avatar
Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:13 pm
Location: Dirt Cheap

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby section319 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:04 am

Rohan wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:Yes, it is a 35 minute drive to or from Jeff City.

I just couldn't stand it any longer I had to move!


Jeff City isn't that bad!!!

Way better than Lawrence. At least they have a decent pub there that doesn't have college students trying to get up on my wife...

so what if it's a gay bar?!


I looove drinking in Jeff.. At least as a novelty.. The beer is so retarded cheap nobody here even believes me.. (3 dollars pitchers.. not a special).. The hoosier-watching is unbelievable.. And you can walk into a bar, then walk into it 6 months later and see the same dozen people in the exact same seats.. But like I said it's a novelty for me, I wouldn't enjoy it if that was where I still lived.


Let me get this straight. Hoosiers from Columbia go to Jeff City to watch other Hoosiers?


I believe he lives in St. Louis, but maybe I am wrong.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 am

Rohan wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:Yes, it is a 35 minute drive to or from Jeff City.

I just couldn't stand it any longer I had to move!


Jeff City isn't that bad!!!

Way better than Lawrence. At least they have a decent pub there that doesn't have college students trying to get up on my wife...

so what if it's a gay bar?!


I looove drinking in Jeff.. At least as a novelty.. The beer is so retarded cheap nobody here even believes me.. (3 dollars pitchers.. not a special).. The hoosier-watching is unbelievable.. And you can walk into a bar, then walk into it 6 months later and see the same dozen people in the exact same seats.. But like I said it's a novelty for me, I wouldn't enjoy it if that was where I still lived.


Let me get this straight. Hoosiers from Columbia go to Jeff City to watch other Hoosiers?


I grew up in Jeff City (as did TSU as we've known each other since grade school) and live in St. Louis.. Never lived in Columbia.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Look what I just bought

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:25 am

TSUCookieMonster wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Kegley's is downtown right? I think we ended up goin in there on 4th of July and were really unimpressed.. The bartender was being a super dick to my friend for paying with credit card.


Yeah, it's down the way a bit from Mike's Corner Pocket. They let me pay w/credit card... odd... Prison Brews is AWESOME... pretty new over on the East end of town. Inexpensive micro-brew beer. Great stuff.


I don't recall what exactly his beef was.. I think he said something like "it's a holiday.. you should get some cash together" b/c apparently in his dickhead brain we're supposed to know not to use credit cards on holidays..
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Previous

Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests