What measures can we take to bring this place back...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

TC

Re: What measures can we take to bring this place back...

Post by TC »

Rohan wrote:
TC wrote:
abc789987 wrote:well if this place is gone, where do i go?
[auto edit: illegal site url]
Do they fukin pay you to come here and do this shit? Give it a rest man. You're like a 13 yr old girl who's boyfriend pissed her off. Get over it. Move along.
how dare i try to answer someone's question. what was i thinking?

People just need to stop all the personal attacks and just talk hockey. This is a hockey forum.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

i am sorry, i still don't know where to go, it just tells me an illegal site...

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

TC wrote:
Rohan wrote:
TC wrote:
abc789987 wrote:well if this place is gone, where do i go?
[auto edit: illegal site url]
Do they fukin pay you to come here and do this shit? Give it a rest man. You're like a 13 yr old girl who's boyfriend pissed her off. Get over it. Move along.
how dare i try to answer someone's question. what was i thinking?

People just need to stop all the personal attacks and just talk hockey. This is a hockey forum.

When was the last time you actually talked hockey and posted in the hockey forum? Instead of coming and bitching about curt and how the forum is ran. As much as it pains me to agree with a KU fan, he is right.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

abc789987 wrote:i am sorry, i still don't know where to go, it just tells me an illegal site...
Just go google: "St. Louis Blues" and "Discussion Forum".

Adding "bitter" or "obsessed" might help.
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Rohan wrote:
abc789987 wrote:i am sorry, i still don't know where to go, it just tells me an illegal site...
Just go google: "St. Louis Blues" and "Discussion Forum".

Adding "bitter" or "obsessed" might help.
Yeah, we can always use more posters over at Gametime.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

TC

Post by TC »

section319 wrote:When was the last time you actually talked hockey and posted in the hockey forum? Instead of coming and bitching about curt and how the forum is ran. As much as it pains me to agree with a KU fan, he is right.
there's a reason for that.

i wouldn't post at all, but unless my reading comprehension fails me, my particular "bitches" are what this topic is about.

Every message board on the web loses and gains members over time...you just can't avoid it. People don't stick around forever. Those that leave either have things come up in their personal lives, or aren't allowed to post at work anymore, some do things that get themselves banned and some might just not want to do it anymore.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

TC wrote:
section319 wrote:When was the last time you actually talked hockey and posted in the hockey forum? Instead of coming and bitching about curt and how the forum is ran. As much as it pains me to agree with a KU fan, he is right.
there's a reason for that.

i wouldn't post at all, but unless my reading comprehension fails me, my particular "bitches" are what this topic is about.

Every message board on the web loses and gains members over time...you just can't avoid it. People don't stick around forever. Those that leave either have things come up in their personal lives, or aren't allowed to post at work anymore, some do things that get themselves banned and some might just not want to do it anymore.
What? No credit?
Did that come from your "Curt's Quotes" folder that you seem to be keeping?

What did I say on November 20th, 2004? Do you have that too? :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:what drama?

I'm asking what we can do to improve this place. It's called OPTIMISM.
If you want to improve the place (and I'm not directing this at you Goon, this is just a general statement to everyone)...

1) Don't act like a douche (things we've had problems with in the past)
2) Contribute to the site by posting things people want to read & respond to
3) Know your hockey or at least be enthusiastic about it
4) Have fun without being a complete asshole (things we've had problems with in the past)
5) Show respect to your fellow LGB members (things we've had problems with in the past)

Just a thought.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

goon attack wrote:what drama?

I'm asking what we can do to improve this place. It's called OPTIMISM.
Don't you mean hope and change?

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Two words - Dry Snacks.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Portland Blues wrote:Two words - Dry Snacks.
:okman:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

Rename the place [BANNED URL]. (BNF) Lose the illegal bullshit filters.

Organize a tailgate.

The problem is that too many bridges have been burned. The folks that were mainstays at the old tailgates either have problems with one another or dislike Curt too much.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Vag Sand Remover.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

OS wrote:
Vag Sand Remover.
:lol: :lol: :plusplus:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

OS wrote:
Vag Sand Remover.
Send some to Kariya while you're at it.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Here is my FIVE POINT PLAN for LGB RENEWAL:

1. Get Hollywood the fukk back in here and make him admin again.

2. reinstate SMP. yeah, I don't know the guy personall and not sure how much he was trolling, but he obviously drew a crowd. he is integral. Get that douchnozzle back in here.

3. REOPEN the Politics forum. Let is be a free for all. if somebody complains about getting their vag kicked in there, tell them, "Don't go in there, dipshit!"

4. MORE FREE SHIT. do some giveaways that will entice more people to come in here and stay invested in the board.

5. the dictator-esque moves must come to an end. if somebody is to be banned, just ban the motherfreaker. You don't have to make a fukken spectacle out of it like the admins are LORDS of the INTARDWEBS and everything. The fukken hubris, man. George Bush looks like an insecure 7th grader next to the bullshit patriarchal grandstanding that has gone on here in the past. Mods/admins should not get in pissing matches with posters, nor should they pronounce their fiats to the entire board about people getting punished etc. that is bush league. yeah yeah, i'll probably get banned for saying this but I don't fukken care.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

goon attack wrote:Here is my FIVE POINT PLAN for LGB RENEWAL:

2. reinstate SMP. yeah, I don't know the guy personall and not sure how much he was trolling, but he obviously drew a crowd. he is integral. Get that douchnozzle back in here.

3. REOPEN the Politics forum. Let is be a free for all. if somebody complains about getting their vag kicked in there, tell them, "Don't go in there, dipshit!"

4. MORE FREE SHIT. do some giveaways that will entice more people to come in here and stay invested in the board.

5. the dictator-esque moves must come to an end. if somebody is to be banned, just ban the motherfreaker. You don't have to make a fukken spectacle out of it like the admins are LORDS of the INTARDWEBS and everything. The fukken hubris, man. George Bush looks like an insecure 7th grader next to the bullshit patriarchal grandstanding that has gone on here in the past. Mods/admins should not get in pissing matches with posters, nor should they pronounce their fiats to the entire board about people getting punished etc. that is bush league. yeah yeah, i'll probably get banned for saying this but I don't fukken care.
I understand there might be a spot open at what used to be called the Cartel.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Used to be? What the?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:Here is my FIVE POINT PLAN for LGB RENEWAL:

He wasn't banned...so he can come back whenever he wants. But he asked to have his account deleted, so we did that for him.
No. Sorry. Been there, done that. Nothing personal against the guy, but that's not the kind of forum I want to run.
That place was a mess. If I didn't lock that forum, a handful of people would have been banned. And, right now, I'm not interested in having a "free for all" forum. Not right now anyway.
We'll be doing a playoff contest when the time comes...and there will be prizes.
We may do another contest before then too.
I have a lot of work to do in the LGB Store and with the site redesign that is waaay behind schedule. There will be improvements & updates to the site, hopefully soon. I apologize for the delays.
The people that make a spectacle out of bannings, are a few other members, and not so much the admins and/or staff.
A few people make a huge deal out of these types of decisions. Hell, some people are still making a big deal out of decisions made years ago.
If more people would respect the decisions made here, it wouldn't be as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.
Believe it or not, every decision here is made in the forum's best interest, not in the best interest of a few people.

The forum is different than it was a few years ago...and it has changed for the better.
And when the team is winning, traffic increases. It's always been that way.

I respect your opinions Goon. Thanks for the input.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Give amnesty to everyone. Everyone gets a second chance. Curt, turn over the day to day moding to someone else. Completely remove yourself from worrying about policing the forums and dedicate yourself to just improving everything else. Too many bridges have been burned.