Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby WaukeeBlues » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:57 pm

ghey

Image
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby section319 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm

GAY!

Can someone please use photoshop to switch that mouth piece to a penis, please?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby Ruutu15 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 am

Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby SteveO » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:22 am

I like my "Guppy" cover that I made years ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.
User avatar
SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Location: Lockout Hell

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby Guppy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:05 am

Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby big d note » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 am

I'm waiting for the Photoshopped version with tears under that visor. :lol:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now
User avatar
big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Location: SMP's Posse

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby Ruutu15 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?



Yeah, he always has it hanging out like that...on the bench, on the ice, etc.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby Guppy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Ruutu15 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?



Yeah, he always has it hanging out like that...on the bench, on the ice, etc.

I understand during breaks in play (frozen puck, on the bench, etc) but during his 30ish seconds on the ice he has it that way too? Why bother with it then? It defeats the purpose.
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby stlbluz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?



Yeah, he always has it hanging out like that...on the bench, on the ice, etc.

I understand during breaks in play (frozen puck, on the bench, etc) but during his 30ish seconds on the ice he has it that way too? Why bother with it then? It defeats the purpose.


Maybe he has it 'in the ready' in case he gets into a fight, or to brace for getting Oshied.
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald
User avatar
stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Location: Edge of my seat

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby WaukeeBlues » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 pm

stlbluz wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?



Yeah, he always has it hanging out like that...on the bench, on the ice, etc.

I understand during breaks in play (frozen puck, on the bench, etc) but during his 30ish seconds on the ice he has it that way too? Why bother with it then? It defeats the purpose.


Maybe he has it 'in the ready' in case he gets into a fight, or to brace for getting Oshied.


It might be EA Sports' attempt to demonstrate to a largely ignorant public that hockey players do, in fact, wear mouth guards.

Or they just wanted him to look ghey- whichever.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby section319 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Listen to all of the hate. I love it! :grin:


The biggest question is how long will he be injured for this year now that he is on the cover? It might not be the Madden curse, but it will be enough.

I don't care for the hanging mouthpiece at all. Does he play like that in the game too?



Yeah, he always has it hanging out like that...on the bench, on the ice, etc.

I understand during breaks in play (frozen puck, on the bench, etc) but during his 30ish seconds on the ice he has it that way too? Why bother with it then? It defeats the purpose.



He has to have something in his mouth.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby STL JA » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Replace the mouthpiece with a big veiny dong and it could work.
User avatar
STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: SLS's dome

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 pm

big d note wrote:I'm waiting for the Photoshopped version with tears under that visor. :lol:


This.

Actually, I heard this game was going to buh-dass (as they all are). Less tape to tape passes to add realism, can start scrums after the play, addition of a "tough guy" player type that excels in said scrums, playoff towels, and more responsive fans to scrums and big hits, etc.

Fantastic. Except for the cover boy. Hopefully they got his perm lookin' sharp on the game.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5923
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby cprice12 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Something looks odd about the cover...like his helmet is too big for his head or something.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Kane gets the cover of NHL '10

Postby stlbluz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 am

dmiles2186 wrote:
big d note wrote:I'm waiting for the Photoshopped version with tears under that visor. :lol:


This.

Actually, I heard this game was going to buh-dass (as they all are). Less tape to tape passes to add realism, can start scrums after the play, addition of a "tough guy" player type that excels in said scrums, playoff towels, and more responsive fans to scrums and big hits, etc.

Fantastic. Except for the cover boy. Hopefully they got his perm lookin' sharp on the game.


If they can fix the glitch goals it has a lot of potential. I was a 2K fan up until last year when they came out with the 'Be a Pro' mode. Adds a whole new depth to the game.
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald
User avatar
stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Location: Edge of my seat


Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests