Replacement Touchpads

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Replacement Touchpads

Post by stinkdified »

Alright, i've got a question:
I have a dell Latitude D630 for work and i absolutely hate the touchpad that it came with. As with anything else, I'm sure its replaceable, but I'm not sure where to start. I've been looking on the internet for the past few days with not many good results. What I have (i think) figured out is there is a difference between a capacitive touchpad an electro-static touchpad. What the exact difference is i couldn't tell you, but thats how they are sold apparently.
My toughbook CF-52 has the electrostatic style. It is very smooth to the touch and will work in circumstances when the Dell would never think of working (like say if i just washed my hands and didn't dry them off).
I wanna put another touchpad in my dell, but i can't seem to find a website or any other source that i can learn from or anywhere that really sells this shit. I went to the dell website but they didn't have crap, so that would mean i would have to call them which...ugh, i would like to avoid at all costs.
Any advice/ideas?
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Replacement Touchpads

Post by Guppy »

I got 3 different HP models at my work with a touchpad and the touchpad can be replaced by itself or the top cover (depends on the model). We have to go through an HP parts ordering system to get the parts so yours might be the same way. Try to find an authorized Dell service place and see if they can help you.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders