Swype

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Swype

Post by stinkdified »

Dude!
I just installed this shit for my phone...it rocks my face off.
Anybody else had experience with it? I had to try two beta versions since there isn't an official release for it yet, but it is freaking sweet.
Awesome for typing emails. haven't used it while driving, as i try not to use the phone while driving at all, but i'll probably give it a shot on the way home from work today, just for shits and grins.
Not that i'm going to set any texting records or anything, but it's flippin' sweet.
Now all i have to do is figure out if i can import my dictionary from the stock keyboard into Swype. If not, re-build the dictionary, but whatever, worth it.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Swype

Post by abc789987 »

I tried it. It was pretty cool for a while but for certain words it was too hard to use. I ended up just going back to better keyboard.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Do you mean Skype? never heard of Swype, and it isn't in the Apple iPhone store.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

nope, pretty sure he means Swype. It's for those other phones. I'm not cool enough for an iphone.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

abc789987 wrote:nope, pretty sure he means Swype. It's for those other phones. I'm not cool enough for an iphone.
If you spent that money instead on Blues tickets, you're ok in my book. :okman:

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

abc789987 wrote:I tried it. It was pretty cool for a while but for certain words it was too hard to use. I ended up just going back to better keyboard.
I'm still using it. I like it pretty well. if you type any word it will add it to the dictionary, and its the same (you can hunt-and-peck) as the normal keyboard. I really like it for typing emails when im on the floor at work.
Winning Unlimited wrote:Do you mean Skype? never heard of Swype, and it isn't in the Apple iPhone store.
Yes, you are correct, it isn't in the iphone store, you sheep you. also, hows that video calling without WiFi? BOOM, BABY!
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo