Basement/Mancave?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Basement/Mancave?

Post by stlbluz »

cprice12 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
goon attack wrote:You act like 5k is chump change.

Again, I don't have money to do that.

Plus, we'd need a sump pump so tack on a few extra grand.
Nope...5k isn't chump change. I wasn't implying that at all..but nonetheless it's cheap for finishing a basement...but that price is doing it yourself. And $5k may actually be a little low...it might end up being around $6k.
If you pay someone to do it, it would cost hella more, like at least $10k more...which is why I am doing it myself. We couldn't afford to have someone finish it for us.

In our case, finishing our basement also comes out of necessity. We need the space. We are expecting our 2nd child in August...so moving the office downstairs to free up a bedroom upstairs is something we have to do. Also downstairs will be a play area for the kids, tv area & poker/bar area.

Does a sump pump cost that much? I think they only cost a few hundred bucks. Installing it yourself would probably save you a lot of money. Plus, it would be fun...you'd get to use a jackhammer.
Congrats!
Thank you sir...we're pretty pumped about it. 8)
That's one way to put it.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Basement/Mancave?

Post by WaukeeBlues »

You could always put a bunch of Blues memorabilia down there. I mean after all, they DO enjoy staying in the basement.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk