Wii U

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Wii U

Post by dmiles2186 »

The follow up to the Wii was announced. Check the link. Has a video. The controller looks like that old giant SNES controller, just with an HD screen.

http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-new-system-wii-u

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Wii U

Post by abc789987 »

I didn't watch the presser so I'm still confused on some things. Why exactly do you need a 2nd video screen in you hands? Thing looks like a brick. How long will the controller battery last when powering a HD video screen? They going to have some kind of rubbery cover for the controller? Looks like it would get all slippery in my hand after playing for 15 mins...

Maybe some of these questions are answered in your link, site seem to be lagging right now, so I'm not really sure, and I only read a brief summary of the Wii U on another site.

Either way, I'm intrigued.

*edit, okay page loaded and I was able to watch the video. Thing looks pretty sweet. I would not have been able to come up with all those uses for a screen in controller.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Yeah, sorry, that's all I can find on it so far. But like the story said, apparently you can watch something on tv and play on the controller itself. That's a pretty cool thing. I'm an Xbox guy now, but very interesting indeed.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I have to say that a controller-based screen is an interesting idea, as long as the video looks good.

...only because I usually want to play MLB 11 the show at the exact same time that my girlfriend wants to watch a boring-ass movie/tv show.