Rams Stadium Negotiations

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Rams Stadium Negotiations

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:
glen a richter wrote:So long St. Louis Rams, hello St. Louis Jaguars.
I know this is an old thread, but I live in Jacksonville. The Jaguars aren't going anywhere. Khan is pouring tons of money into the area to develop including building things around the stadium to improve things. National media always seems to throw out Jacksonville as a team that will move. Problem - that was the owner before Khan and no one in the national media has a clue what's happening in the Jacksonville community. They just assume no one wants them here, including the owner, which is so far from the truth, it's laughable. Anyone bringing up fan attendance - the Dolphins and Bucs have had far worse fan attendance the past few years. Why aren't they moving to St Louis in the rumors? Solid ownership - which is exactly what the Jags have since Khan bought them.

On top of that, the Jags stadium is one helluva lot nicer than the Dome. Can St Louis maintain an outdoor swimming pool with cabanas at the game - as in inside the stadium, next to the field, while the game is being played?

If the Jags ever move anywhere it is to London and that's a super long shot.
I think that was definitely a media-created story. But, I think part of it is that Khan is from the St. Louis area (southern Illinois somewhere) and had a deal in place to buy the Rams before Kroenke exercised his option at the 11th hour. I don't see us getting a team for awhile. We'll see how I feel once the season starts, but as of right now, I'm fine with that. Good riddance with the NFL.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

BarryVap
Prospect
Prospect

Rams Stadium Negotiations

Post by BarryVap »

Los Angeles deal is private funding. Rams owner is moving, unless this was a huge leverage scam to force St Louis to build a new stadium, but from the plans Ive seen of the LA complex, forget it...