2018 MLB Season Thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

2018 MLB Season Thread

Post by glen a richter »

Sorry Cards fans... Let's go Mets!

Big win to start the season, but this team always wins opening day and then disappoints the other 161.

Marlins and Rays look awful, Yankees look dominant, the season will probably shake out the way I guess all the "experts" expect it to.

When it's all said and done, it'll come down to the Yankees and Astros out of the AL. NL looks a little fuzzier but I'm going with the Dodgers and Nats in the NLCS.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: 2018 MLB Season Thread

Post by glen a richter »

We had a good 6 inches of snow this morning, but every last flake of it has melted already, so I'm not really sure why they had to postpone the Mets/Phillies game. I was looking forward to seeing Gabe Kapler make a complete ass of himself again.

I give him until the all-star break, dude has proven thus far to be a horrible manager.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm loving the start to this season... Mickey Callaway has the Mets ship righted after the trainwreck that was last season, Shohei Ohtani is a freak of nature and Nick Tropeano had a strong return from Tommy John and should finally get a good shot at retaining a ML roster spot as the Angels 5th starter.

Oh, and the Yankees are playing pedestrian baseball while the Red Sox open up a big division lead so that's also a plus--screw the Yankees.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Can't believe it's already a month into the season. I'm more optimistic about the cards today than I was a month ago. I still don't think we're one of the top teams, but 90-92 wins doesn't seem crazy. Before the season, I thought it would be more like 85-87.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The euphoria of the early season success is long gone. The Mets franking suck, Matt Harvey is a worthless slug, the only bright spot in the rotation is out for who knows how long, Mickey Callaway needs to kick in a few heads and maybe they'll start hitting. Is it too late to jump on the Yankees bandwagon?