PETA sucks

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

PETA sucks

Postby choppa4 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller
choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: east side

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Nyghtewynd » Mon May 05, 2008 7:25 am

Are the PETA people stupid? Yep.

Are they going to get a lot of support on this? Yep.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Winning Unlimited » Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 am


I'm down with that. Horse racing shows some parallels with the barbarism in dog fighting.
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: FSU Sports Law PhD

Re: PETA sucks

Postby glen a richter » Mon May 05, 2008 6:29 pm

It's not the jockeys fault that horses are built like tanks on toothpicks. They have all that weight on weak ass ankles. If anything should be done, horse racing should be completely banned, not the jockey as an individual.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Nyghtewynd » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 pm

So are you going to ban horses?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Leedog » Mon May 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Then we can put 'ludes in the food the wild horses eat so they won't run too fast on their own. We should protect them from themselves.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12
User avatar
Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Location: sec 316

Re: PETA sucks

Postby SteveO » Mon May 12, 2008 2:51 pm

I've heard about the push for softer artificial surfaces from more than one place.
User avatar
SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Location: Lockout Hell

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Ruutu15 » Tue May 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I admit that I don't know too much about the sport of horse racing, but I've heard that a lot of the horses of today are being bred to have lighter and thinner skeletal systems. If that's the case, it does indeed explain some of this.

Horses are intelligent animals. If they don't want to go into the gate, perhaps they're trying to tell you something.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: PETA sucks

Postby cprice12 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 am

I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19492
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Ruutu15 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:12 am

cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.


I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 am

Ruutu15 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.


I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.


I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Frank) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: PETA sucks

Postby Ruutu15 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.


I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.


I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Frank) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:


Of course, most people don't say things like that, but you would probably be alarmed at how many do.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: PETA sucks

Postby goon attack » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.


I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.


I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Frank) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:


Dude, you need to relax. Your destiny has nothing to do with people telling tales of Hyundais hitting squirrels.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: PETA sucks

Postby goon attack » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:44 pm

Ruutu15 wrote:Of course, most people don't say things like that, but you would probably be alarmed at how many do.


Would he actually be "alarmed?" ;)

Why?

:lol:
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm


Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest