NCAA Football

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

NCAA Football

Postby Ruutu15 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Good day of games so far. I thought UT State was going to beat Auburn.

Anyone else jacked for the Oregon vs LSU game tonight?
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: NCAA Football

Postby Ruutu15 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Minnesota only down to to USC with 5 mins left. Go Gophers. I (Frank) hate USC...and my girlfriend is a die hard USC fan.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: NCAA Football

Postby DaDitka » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

This Ducks LSU game has been a little sloppy.

I've seen some really bad CB play in just about every game today...turn you'd head towards the ball, don't tackle the receiver with your back to the ball.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: NCAA Football

Postby dmiles2186 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I can't remember that many weather related delays and cancellations in one weekend. Weird.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5904
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: NCAA Football

Postby WaukeeBlues » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Pretty sure being a die-hard Notre Dame football fan has taken years off of my life... :?

In a perverse way though the Irish re-affirmed that they're a pretty good team this year.

With five turnovers- three of them when they were in an "& goal" situation, they lost by 3 points. With five turnovers you should lose 38-0. And as South Florida showed, they're not crap. They HAVE to win this week vs. Michigan. They go into this season 0-2... yea just can't happen.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: NCAA Football

Postby Ruutu15 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:Pretty sure being a die-hard Notre Dame football fan has taken years off of my life... :?

In a perverse way though the Irish re-affirmed that they're a pretty good team this year.

With five turnovers- three of them when they were in an "& goal" situation, they lost by 3 points. With five turnovers you should lose 38-0. And as South Florida showed, they're not crap. They HAVE to win this week vs. Michigan. They go into this season 0-2... yea just can't happen.


I think they'll beat the brakes off of Michigan. Had Rees stared that USF game, ND would have killed them. No idea why the hell they started Crist.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: NCAA Football

Postby DaDitka » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 am

Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:Pretty sure being a die-hard Notre Dame football fan has taken years off of my life... :?

In a perverse way though the Irish re-affirmed that they're a pretty good team this year.

With five turnovers- three of them when they were in an "& goal" situation, they lost by 3 points. With five turnovers you should lose 38-0. And as South Florida showed, they're not crap. They HAVE to win this week vs. Michigan. They go into this season 0-2... yea just can't happen.


I think they'll beat the brakes off of Michigan. Had Rees stared that USF game, ND would have killed them. No idea why the hell they started Crist.



I thought the DB play was as big a concern as Crist's. But the BIG thing was the way the team responded as a whole after the change at QB.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: NCAA Football

Postby Ruutu15 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 am

DaDitka wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:Pretty sure being a die-hard Notre Dame football fan has taken years off of my life... :?

In a perverse way though the Irish re-affirmed that they're a pretty good team this year.

With five turnovers- three of them when they were in an "& goal" situation, they lost by 3 points. With five turnovers you should lose 38-0. And as South Florida showed, they're not crap. They HAVE to win this week vs. Michigan. They go into this season 0-2... yea just can't happen.


I think they'll beat the brakes off of Michigan. Had Rees stared that USF game, ND would have killed them. No idea why the hell they started Crist.



I thought the DB play was as big a concern as Crist's. But the BIG thing was the way the team responded as a whole after the change at QB.


I agree with you. The secondary in that game was pretty piss-poor at times, but I do think ND's defense played a decent game overall.

This week, there are two very good games to play, for those of you who like to gamble on games. I hate the Arizona State/Mizzou game tomorrow, because I am an ASU student (online), so I cheer for the Sun Devils. I also love Mizzou, and my mom lives in Columbia. Mizzou is GETTING 7.5 points. Even though it's on the road, I think that's going to be a close game, and I can see either team winning. I usually stay away from teams that I like, but getting 7.5 against an unranked (but good) team is kinda hard to turn down. Go Sun Devils...just by less than 7.

The other game is that Alabama @ Penn State. I have Alabama giving only 2.5 points, and I think Alabama is going to destroy Penn State. When something seems too good to be true in the betting world, it almost always is...but I don't see how Penn State can hang with Alabama.
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH


Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests