Pronger Traded!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

EN4CR
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by EN4CR »

I am sad to see Pronger go but that is the NHL for St. Louis right now. All I ask now is we keep going in this direction. Get younger keep talent in house. The only reason I never wanted to build through the draft was because you dont get a player like Pronger very often. Now that he is gone there is no player that you feel you have to win now with. So as sad as I am to see him go....Lets do this right.

Carl Racki
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Carl Racki »

It is a good trade for the Blues, at least they were able to get value for him. Pronger has been my favorite player since he got here, but all these jags saying we'd be lucky to get draft picks for him are obviously on crack. The D is set for years. Also, fat Bernie has been reporting in his forum that Al still hasn't made up his mind yet for this season. One more year of Al with all these young guys would not be a bad thing on D.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

The resident melodramatic diva, MEG, is already doing that with a 40 oz. in one hand a some left over pizza in the other while wiping away the tears with his Pronger home jersey.
GFY.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
The resident melodramatic diva, MEG, is already doing that with a 40 oz. in one hand a some left over pizza in the other while wiping away the tears with his Pronger home jersey.
GFY.
Where did that come from?

Donuts_For_Koharski
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Donuts_For_Koharski »

Hollywood wrote:
GFY.
MEG has kinda gone off the deep-end lately with some of his posts. He, like others, expected LP to magically sign Bondra, Palffy, Amonte, and Kariya to round out the top 2 lines with the approx $4M we had left under the cap after qualifying Pronger. Way too much emotion and not enough rational thought around here lately.

This thread in particular comes to mind. Now if he was being sarcastic or otherwise, it was not evident in the initial post.

viewtopic.php?t=14752

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Mayersfan21 wrote:M=G

Don't think I didn't read that TEAM O' MAYERSes comment.
:lol:

Cement hands rule!!!

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Sinister Eagle
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Sinister Eagle »

i had thought that when the Foote deal happened that a fair price for Pronger would be 6-6.5, now that he's getting 6.25 per year, i really
wish that he could've stayed with the Blues...

Oh well. :roll:

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I was wondering who he was quoting. Did not see the initial post.

I was hoping whoever it was would share the 40 and pizza? I love malt liquor and pizza.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Mayersfan21 wrote:M=G

Don't think I didn't read that TEAM O' MAYERSes comment.
:lol:

Cement hands rule!!!
It is boggling the "Shoot for the Logo" technique that he has. I don't think I could score on an NHL Goaltender but I might choose wide over "Right on the winged wheel!"

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Donuts_For_Koharski wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
GFY.
MEG has kinda gone off the deep-end lately with some of his posts. He, like others, expected LP to magically sign Bondra, Palffy, Amonte, and Kariya to round out the top 2 lines with the approx $4M we had left under the cap after qualifying Pronger. Way too much emotion and not enough rational thought around here lately.

This thread in particular comes to mind. Now if he was being sarcastic or otherwise, it was not evident in the initial post.

viewtopic.php?t=14752
Dude, I'm pissed at Bill Laurie.. The position that he put this franchise in. The position that it looks like won't save him more than 1-2 million dollars. I do find it annoying that Pleau traded towards our strength instead of our weakness, but more than anything else I am furious with Bill Laurie.. If I have emotion, so f*ckin what? Doesn't reserve the right for you to throw names out. I've also respected you and I thought we had no problem. If you disagree with something I say then we can talk discuss how you feel differently.

And the Jackman thread wasn't about emotion.. I truly think that would be a great move for this franchise. But beyond 1 or 2, nobody really got what I was saying, including yourself.

SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by SMS Bleeds Blue »

Hollywood wrote:I was wondering who he was quoting. Did not see the initial post.

I was hoping whoever it was would share the 40 and pizza? I love malt liquor and pizza.
Eazy-E almost wrote:O.E. 800, cuz that's my brand
Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or can
Drink it like a madman, yes I do
(Frank) the Red Wings, and (Frank) you too
8)
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.

TC

Post by TC »

BringBackZezel wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Red Baron wrote:I like the deal. It had to be done. Now if Lar can get a scoring center or winger, it won't look so bad!!
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what will be done about the offense.
Any chance of the Blues signing Satan or Kariya?

Either of them skating with Weight would be nice.

SE
No chance. At least not based on their current direction.

Personally, I'd like to see Drury with Weight. But I don't see that happening.

It would be nice to sign just one, mid-level free agent who can score a few goals. I'm not asking for a $6 million guy...just a guy that can be had for a few million to help out this sorry-ass offense.
Is Drury a FA?

I'd LOVE to see him on the team. He's the exact type of player I would line up to pay to watch.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

If the Blues don't plan on signing at least two scoring wingers for a total of at least $3 million between the two of them, then they should start looking for suitors for Tkachuck right now and get rid of him as soon as possible so they can at least get a good draft pick out of what is certain to otherwise be a wretched season.
_____ _ _

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

SMS Bleeds Blue wrote:
Hollywood wrote:I was wondering who he was quoting. Did not see the initial post.

Eazy-E almost wrote:O.E. 800, cuz that's my brand
Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or can
Drink it like a madman, yes I do
(Frank) the Red Wings, and (Frank) you too
8)
Holy scheit, I didn't know I was an Eazy E fan. :lol:

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

TC wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Red Baron wrote:I like the deal. It had to be done. Now if Lar can get a scoring center or winger, it won't look so bad!!
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what will be done about the offense.
Any chance of the Blues signing Satan or Kariya?

Either of them skating with Weight would be nice.

SE
No chance. At least not based on their current direction.

Personally, I'd like to see Drury with Weight. But I don't see that happening.

It would be nice to sign just one, mid-level free agent who can score a few goals. I'm not asking for a $6 million guy...just a guy that can be had for a few million to help out this sorry-ass offense.
Is Drury a FA?

I'd LOVE to see him on the team. He's the exact type of player I would line up to pay to watch.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I wonder if Buffalo could use some defenseman prospects right about now.....

The Blues seem to have a few
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

Additionally, why even take the option on Lalime? Why not go with AHL scrubs if you have absolutely no chance at a strong playoff run? At least seeing some offense would be exciting, especially given what the NHL wants to do to increase scoring.
_____ _ _

TC

Post by TC »

i don't get the "absolutely no chance at a playoff run" bit. as i said earlier, it's pretty damn early in the season for so many haters to be out.

feel the love.... drink the kool-aid.... love the puck. be the puck. enjoy hockey on the ice. win, lose, who cares? the game of the gods is back, and we will be competative.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

TC wrote:i don't get the "absolutely no chance at a playoff run" bit. as i said earlier, it's pretty damn early in the season for so many haters to be out.

feel the love.... drink the kool-aid.... love the puck. be the puck. enjoy hockey on the ice. win, lose, who cares? the game of the gods is back, and we will be competative.
Acceptance is the key. Just quit fighting the reality, enjoy having the nhl back, watch the kids progress, watch the rule changes, pray for a new owner, and look forward to the next offseason moves.
No pressure - just enjoy.

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

barnburner wrote:
TC wrote:i don't get the "absolutely no chance at a playoff run" bit. as i said earlier, it's pretty damn early in the season for so many haters to be out.

Acceptance is the key. Just quit fighting the reality, enjoy having the nhl back, watch the kids progress, watch the rule changes, pray for a new owner, and look forward to the next offseason moves.
No pressure - just enjoy.
It's just so easy to infuse just a little bit of offense into this team. That's all I'm asking. Good deal with the Pronger trade, good enough that is. But to balk at $31 million when plenty of 25 goal talent is available at $1 or 1.5 million is ludicrous.

I've been pounding Kool Aide in hopes that Laurie will have a Grinch-like revelation when he sees how badly he's sodomized the fans and in turn shell out a few bucks so that potential buyers can see this team is actually a competitor.

But now my pitcher hath run dry.
_____ _ _

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Okay, I was very much down in the dumps about this last night.. And I'm still very sad (we did lose the best player in franchise history afterall).. But I'm going to say what a few have already said.. What's behind us is behind us. Can't change it now, so I'm just anxious to get some hockey started and hopefully like someone (I think BBZ) said we can watch a younger and hungrier team this season.

Even without Pronger I very much look forward to getting Blues hockey back into my life. :)