Pronger Traded!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Okay, I was very much down in the dumps about this last night.. And I'm still very sad (we did lose the best player in franchise history afterall).. But I'm going to say what a few have already said.. What's behind us is behind us. Can't change it now, so I'm just anxious to get some hockey started and hopefully like someone (I think BBZ) said we can watch a younger and hungrier team this season.

Even without Pronger I very much look forward to getting Blues hockey back into my life. :)
Here! Here! Who knows what can happen? No need to chug the kool-aid, but I still maintain that with a new owner and cap room to spend the front line can be replenished quickly next season. For now, I look forward to an overpriced beer or six and telling the idiot on the cell phone behind me to STFU.

Frenzy1
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Frenzy1 »

Allblues555 wrote:If the Blues don't plan on signing at least two scoring wingers for a total of at least $3 million between the two of them, then they should start looking for suitors for Tkachuck right now and get rid of him as soon as possible so they can at least get a good draft pick out of what is certain to otherwise be a wretched season.
This whole situation is part of the rebuild - and due to the rule changes can be done in one year. I want us to suck because getting a potential superstar can be done in the draft w/ a top 3 pick next season - Hello Kessel or Meuller - cheap tallent we can have for 7 years.

Finishing just of out the playoffs or getting bounced in the 1st round will translate into a mid 1st round pick - A little bit more of a long shot to get superstar. Can still happen, but not as likely.

Sillinger, Weight, Drake, and Weinrich can all be trade bait at the deadline for teams looking to make a run and not wanting a long term contract. All can add or have an impact - Drake, Sillinger and Weinrich have mid pick level value (3rd or 4th rounders). Weight may garner more due to ability and KT - we can hold onto or dump for the right return (Prospect, 1st and 3rd - due to his extra year). This would help rebuild the prospect pool - especially at forward.

FYI: Think about our Depth at D.

This season:
Brewer - Weinrich
Jackman - Backman
Salvador - (Walker, Wych.)

Next season add Wideman, Lynch
Following season add Fitzgerald
Following following season add Polik
Following following season add Jackson

Notice a trend. Each season we add a Dman that has potential to be a 2nd pairing guy. The D is set for awhile. Goal is set for awhile w/ Lalime, 'Cash, Schwartz, and Barulin.

Next season we dump 13 million in payroll at min. and we can retool the offense and the D will be set and will be set for the awhile.

Do I like the Pronger for Brewer and 2 prospects? No and Yes, we lose in the short term, but we may gain in the future. Also note, we would have lost Pronger anyways to FA. This is the KT trade, but from the perspective of Phoenix. (Top tallent for volume).

TC

Post by TC »

forgot to mention divis, didn't you?

Frenzy1
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Frenzy1 »

TC wrote:forgot to mention divis, didn't you?
No. I didn't mention him or Sanford for a reason. Good backup but not really a starter.

Rocketpop
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Rocketpop »

Weinrich is old. I hope he's still got hockey left in him.
Signature removed by cprice12: Suggestive Avatar

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

Hopefully, yes, if he does along with Backman and Brewer there are some good puck movers on the back line.

Eklund
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eklund »

What a waste this deal was. they would have been better off trading for a goal scorer or superstar goalie since the Blues now have no scoring threat, so so in goal and a unproven defense.

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

I'm beginning to think that this isn't the real Eklund. After all, he's not dumb, just inaccurate.
_____ _ _

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Very astute, you are

Eklund
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eklund »

What I think of the Blues this season.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

Didn't this "Eklund" come around back in Febuary and talk like he was the real thing?

I smell bannination.
_____ _ _

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Just missed the last 2177 posts while relaxing at a lake front cabin at Table Rock.

I'm going to say I'm pretty 50/50 on the deal at face value and more like 100/0 in favor of the trade given the circumstances the Blues as a franchise have been placed in with the new NHL rules.

The way I see it, this sets them up for a pretty medicore 1st year with the new crew and afterwards we'll be able to cut some more salary fat from the payroll and then be able to round out the offense better in the seasons to come. If it turns out we really do suck an egg this year at least our sorrows will be treated with a top choice from the 2006 draft.

If we're going to spend the next 24 months retooling the team then this is a solid start. Sure gonna miss Pronger though, there's no denying he's one of the best players in the NHL.

Eklund
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eklund »

This deal stunk. Period. Btw the Blues came out with more ticket plans today. I wonder if the sheep will even buy tickets? This team reaks.

Frenzy1
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Frenzy1 »

Eklund wrote:This deal stunk. Period. Btw the Blues came out with more ticket plans today. I wonder if the sheep will even buy tickets? This team reaks.
No offense to the Mods, but I left the nut house for a reason - pointless baiting w/o anything real to add - I don't want to see it occur here.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Frenzy1 wrote:
Eklund wrote:This deal stunk. Period. Btw the Blues came out with more ticket plans today. I wonder if the sheep will even buy tickets? This team reaks.
No offense to the Mods, but I left the nut house for a reason - pointless baiting w/o anything real to add - I don't want to see it occur here.

Yeah, I think you are right

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

What he said +++.

SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by SMS Bleeds Blue »

Eklund wrote:What I think of the Blues this season.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You think that of the Blues every season, Todd.....
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.

Nsane2Bme
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Nsane2Bme »

I don't think I have thrown my $0.01 worth out here yet. (and see, it's not even worth $0.02 heh heh) IMO – today has been a great day to be a hockey fan. Not necessarily a BLUES fan but a HOCKEY fan. The waiting of the lockout has brought us this madness, this fun, this uncertainty…and you KNOW you love it!

Trade = good. Yes, it sucks to lose a guy like Prongs. I don't think anyone here can deny that. BUT this is a good move for the future. I don't have a problem sitting thru a rebuilding stage for a couple of years if the end result is a Cup coming down Market (ok, so couple should translate to 5 or 6 I know). That's all there is to it. You take the GOOD with the bad. This team has needed to rebuild like this whether you admit it to yourself or not. Deep down, you know they do.

Brewer - not that bad of a guy and will give Bogi a run for the money w/the puck bunnies, that is FOR SURE (I know these things :wink: ), but he's not going to stink it up on the blueline either. He's going to be steady. He will NOT fill Prongs shoes, but if steady means no bad penalties....I'll take it. The other two guys, it's too early to tell. Should I remind you that there was a time when a guy named Shanahan was traded for a guy name Pronger and everyone was going to jump off the Poplar St. Bridge? Give it time before deciding anything....you gotta give them a shot. I LOVE the idea that these two have played together for a while. They are used to each other, they know who is going to be where (have you ever played baseball as a SS, and always wanting to know where the 2B man is?)…

Now everyone needs to pray to the hockey gods or whomever it is that you pray to that we get some guy that's going to put the puck in the net - OR we become that team you always hear about...low payroll but putting up the numbers... that's the dream fellas, that's the dream. IMO, there is NOTHING wrong with that!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Sudsy11
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Sudsy11 »

After the Sharks eliminated the Blues, my buddy and I were serenaded in the parking lot with "What's the matter with Pronger, he's a bum" all the way to our car. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would be Pronger's last game in a Blues jersey. I've always been one to appreciate Pronger's game while being very skeptical of his leadership abilities. Even knowing it was going to happen, I still felt shock at the news. I think this was a great deal for the Blues receiving much more than I expected. I'll feel much better when the obvious cancer KT is gone.
Question Authority