The In MF21 1/8 @ Cicero's 11/8! Sat Night

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

The In MF21 1/8 @ Cicero's 11/8! Sat Night

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Got a bunch of happenings to let you know about for the upcoming month, so let's get started. Sorry for the length folks, but we're gonna be busy!

There will also be free food for all ticket holders from 10-11PM. Come early, come hungry. Music starts at 10pm, doors at 8. SPR is located at 7443 Forsyth Blvd., Clayton, MO.

Saturday, 11/08/08 at Cicero's on the Loop
The In will be part of a 3 band lineup rockin' Cicero's. In case you haven't heard, not only does Cicero's have some quality munchies, they have an AWESOME beer menu. Line up is as follows:
Andi Toppins (9:15-10:00)
77 Jefferson (10:20-11:05)
The In? (11:25-12:15)
Doors swing at 9:30pm, show starts at 9. This is a 16+ show, drinkers are $5 a head, $8 for the minors. Cicero's is located at 6691 Delmar Blvd., St. Louis, Mo.

Saturday, 11/15/08 at The Ten Mile House
We'll be with The Fishpaws rockin the house down. Music starts at 10pm, $5 to get in. Check out the Fishpaws at: http://www.myspace.com/fishpaws" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Ten Mile House is located at 9420 Gravois Rd Affton, MO.
http://www.myspace.com/theinmusic

http://www.theinmusic.com

http://www.theinmusic.com

http://www.joelandrew.com/rants/wpg2?g2_itemId=625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Mayersfan21 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 60 times in total.

TC

Post by TC »

damn, how the hell'd you get that gig?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

What type of music do you guys play? Do you normally attrack underage girls? Any chance of getting back stage passes? Will this be the type of concert with lighters & girls throwing panties onstage? Will you be using live animals for your show? Do tell.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

Nice flyer.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

TC wrote:damn, how the hell'd you get that gig?
Blatant Queensryche name-dropping, complete with umlauts, would be my guess.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

I was in line at the Creapy and I talked to your guys manager....

:lol: :wink: :lol:

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

stlbluz wrote:What type of music do you guys play? Do you normally attrack underage girls? Any chance of getting back stage passes? Will this be the type of concert with lighters & girls throwing panties onstage? Will you be using live animals for your show? Do tell.
I don't know about lighters but we got a hell of a deal on a white tiger from these guys in Vegas!

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I just called & it's already sold out!!! :shock:

Seriously, is anybody from here going?
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

TC

Post by TC »

Mayersfan21 wrote:

you're a funny guy, sully - that's why i'm going to kill you last.

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

Mayersfan21 wrote:

That reminds me. I went to the Creepy Crawl's website the other day, and they said something about how they're moving. Have they already moved, or is this an upcoming thing? Where are they moving to? Give me all the info -- after the Rocket Bar (and the Side Door, for that matter)closed down, the Creepy Crawl got all the good shows.

Another Creepy Crawl-related aside -- I saw part of a Story of the Year video a while ago. If I remember correctly, those guys were Big Blue Monkey in StL, and then all moved out to become famous and all that. Anyway, the club where they're playing in the video (for that song that made them big...whatever it is) looks like the interior of the Creepy Crawl. True?

If true, that's almost as odd (to me) as the Chingy video filmed at the Courtesy Diner on Hampton....

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

amusiac wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:

That reminds me. I went to the Creepy Crawl's website the other day, and they said something about how they're moving. Have they already moved, or is this an upcoming thing? Where are they moving to? Give me all the info -- after the Rocket Bar (and the Side Door, for that matter)closed down, the Creepy Crawl got all the good shows.

Another Creepy Crawl-related aside -- I saw part of a Story of the Year video a while ago. If I remember correctly, those guys were Big Blue Monkey in StL, and then all moved out to become famous and all that. Anyway, the club where they're playing in the video (for that song that made them big...whatever it is) looks like the interior of the Creepy Crawl. True?

If true, that's almost as odd (to me) as the Chingy video filmed at the Courtesy Diner on Hampton....
Yeah, the video for 'Until the Day I Die' was shot at the Creepy...dead giveaways are the hallway to the right of the stage, the chandelier, and the 7 foot ceiling over the stage. The beginning shot is obviously the 'backstage' room that used to be a bathroom, with all of the grafitti, etc. :D

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/qtv/WBR/sto ... 02_100.mov

On another note, if you have never seen these guys live, go. They have the best live show of any band I have seen, and I have been to 100's of shows. Besides, they got famous by moving to the West coast, then moved back and still represent the STL. First album was called 'Page Avenue'...gotta love that.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I don't know how anybody listens to Story of the Year. My mom kept telling me about how her co-worker's son played guitar in this band and they were doing really well. I finally listened to some of their music to see what they were like. Awful. I just can't take the whole emo/screamo genre or whatever they are.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

big d note wrote:I don't know how anybody listens to Story of the Year. My mom kept telling me about how her co-worker's son played guitar in this band and they were doing really well. I finally listened to some of their music to see what they were like. Awful. I just can't take the whole emo/screamo genre or whatever they are.
To each his own I guess, but I would rope SOTY into any genre. They diversify their albums with many styles, albeit heavy ones.

I guess that not listening to them gives you more time to polish your Yanni and Zamphir - Master of the Pan Flute albums.

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

big d note wrote:I don't know how anybody listens to Story of the Year. My mom kept telling me about how her co-worker's son played guitar in this band and they were doing really well. I finally listened to some of their music to see what they were like. Awful. I just can't take the whole emo/screamo genre or whatever they are.
Man, if you think Story of the Year is screamo, you'ze got some learnin' to do.

For the record, I'm not a fan of SotY either.

TC

Post by TC »

creepy is moving to a place with at least double the capacity, more in south city area i believe.

rocket has re-opened.

my car got broken into during a radio iodine show at the side door.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

amusiac wrote:
Man, if you think Story of the Year is screamo, you'ze got some learnin' to do.

For the record, I'm not a fan of SotY either.
I guess so. I usually lump all that crap under the title of "whiner rock". What is the specific subgenre that Story of the Year falls into?

I actually had the chance to see them live, for free, from the mixing board and turned it down. I was measuring noise levels at a festival show for work, and I opted to go out in the surrounding neighborhoods during their set so I couldn't hear that shit. :lol: I did go inside for the last band, which was Velvet Revolver, and they were only okay live.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

TC wrote:creepy is moving to a place with at least double the capacity, more in south city area i believe.
I imagine that they're probably getting that bigger space for about the same price as the old place on Tucker. With all the lofts and sh!t going in there, I imagine rents have skyrocketed.

Good to hear, though.
rocket has re-opened.
That must have happened recently, because their website still says they're closed for good.
my car got broken into during a radio iodine show at the side door.
I loved the Side Door, especially when you didn't actually enter through the side door, and had to walk through the restaurant, through the door in the back, to get in to the club.

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

big d note wrote:I guess so. I usually lump all that crap under the title of "whiner rock". What is the specific subgenre that Story of the Year falls into?
Corporate rock? I dunno. I don't even know what is considered emo any more -- if Dashboard Confess!onal and My Chem!cal Romance are considered emo, it's a dead genre.

I do know that Story of the Year, from what little I remember of them before they packed up and moved to the coast, sounded a hell of a lot different (and in my mind interesting) before the record company hooked them up with "generic big-name producer x". Their album, to my ears, sounds a whole lot like any of about ten different bands that all had "hits" at the same time.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

amusiac wrote:
big d note wrote:I guess so. I usually lump all that crap under the title of "whiner rock". What is the specific subgenre that Story of the Year falls into?
Corporate rock? I dunno. I don't even know what is considered emo any more -- if Dashboard Confess!onal and My Chem!cal Romance are considered emo, it's a dead genre.

I do know that Story of the Year, from what little I remember of them before they packed up and moved to the coast, sounded a hell of a lot different (and in my mind interesting) before the record company hooked them up with "generic big-name producer x". Their album, to my ears, sounds a whole lot like any of about ten different bands that all had "hits" at the same time.
Their first big label album was produced by John Feldman, lead singer of Goldfinger (another old fav of mine). Like I said before, SOTY's ability to blend genres sets them apart from the 'Corporate whine-o' bands IMO.

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

Im no fan of theirs either. They sound too poppish.