World Series: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Detroit Tigers

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Who wins?

Cardinals
74%
Tigers
26%

Total votes: 43

Jackman05
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman05 »

BoxCar wrote:
Jackman05 wrote:Check out ESPN and you will see it was on his hand in both the ALDS & championship series. F-ing cheater, why didn't Larussa or the Umpires inspect his hand immediatley?? If he's caught with a foreign substance on his hand its an ejection and 10 game suspension.
If this is true could't the league do something about it even after the fact? If I was commish I wouldn't want it to be known that you can cheat in the postseason and be praised as one of the greats. I think the only fair thing to do is to not let him play again in this series.
It's true, check out any site or any report.. Apparently ESPN dug it up off their own tape from each series. I doubt anything can be done about it.. If it goes to game 6 Rogers is scheduled again to start so we'll see if he has a turn of bad luck. He'd be stupid to doctor it again. But who knows.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

Corcoran thinks LaRussa didn't press the issue becauase Leyland is his pal, and I'm not sure I disagree.

If that's true, TLR let his entire team now. He had his knife on the Tigers' Jugular, and let them up.....

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

I just saw the video from previous games. There has to be something that can be done. If video caught a player injecting something into himself between innings could they say "we can't do anything since an ump wasn't there."? The Cards should demand Rogers' hand, glove and hat be checked before the next game, before he even throws a pitch to show America that nobody trusts him. I doubt he will do anything like that again, but I would do it just to make a point to Rogers and baseball that the fans deserve better than to watch a cheater get away with ruining games.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Jackman05 wrote:It's true, check out any site or any report.. Apparently ESPN dug it up off their own tape from each series. I doubt anything can be done about it.. If it goes to game 6 Rogers is scheduled again to start so we'll see if he has a turn of bad luck. He'd be stupid to doctor it again. But who knows.
I think there is absolutely something that MLB can do... but they won't. The way I understand it is that the rules state that the pitchers can't have anything on their hands except for rosin (sp?). Even "dirt" is against the rules... they have tape from 3 games that show that he broke the rules.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Jackman05
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman05 »

BF44 wrote:Corcoran thinks LaRussa didn't press the issue becauase Leyland is his pal, and I'm not sure I disagree.

If that's true, TLR let his entire team now. He had his knife on the Tigers' Jugular, and let them up.....
Didn't the ump stop Rogers on his way back to the dugout after the cards batted in the first? or was it the top of the 2nd after he had washed it off?
If so why didn't the Ump inspect his glove or hand? I mean I think this is something of the umps responsibilty and not TLR's? I also heard that when he did stop Rogers he just told him to wash it? If this is true then thats freaking ridiculous. If you all can remember back in I think 04 when Tavarez had dirt and or pine tar on his hat he was suspended after the game.

Why the hell is "wash" censored on this forum? wtf?

wash wash poop - ok now it works but not above.. im really confused
Last edited by Jackman05 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

BF44 wrote:Corcoran thinks LaRussa didn't press the issue becauase Leyland is his pal
There isn't any reason to think otherwise.
LaRussa is soooo competitive...I can't think of another reason to not make a stink about it, unless Weaver was using pine tar too and Leyland knew about it.

Essembi
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Essembi »

He clearly gunked up his hand. I wonder how he's going to respond when he's asked about the same "dirt" being on globbed his hand against Oakland and New York.

And a major league pitcher not realizing something is on his pitching hand until AFTER pitching an inning? Bullshit.
To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men. Ella Wheeler Wilcox
:firedevil: GET FLAMED!!!

SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by SMS Bleeds Blue »

Jackman05 wrote: Why the hell is "wash" censored on this forum? wtf?

It's not the word "wash". Well, not completely.

The profanity filter has apparently been told to ignore spaces when searching for bad words. So when you write the word "wash", and then write the word "it", the profanity filter gets all excited and censors the the shit out of both words.

Fortunately, the filter isn't smart enough to ignore formatting tags; so the next time you want to use the phrase "washit off", remember to italicize the space between the words. :lol:
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.

Jackman05
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman05 »

SMS Bleeds Blue wrote:
Jackman05 wrote: Why the hell is "wash" censored on this forum? wtf?

It's not the word "wash". Well, not completely.

The profanity filter has apparently been told to ignore spaces when searching for bad words. So when you write the word "wash", and then write the word "it", the profanity filter gets all excited and censors the (#$@%!) out of both words.

Fortunately, the filter isn't smart enough to ignore formatting tags; so the next time you want to use the phrase "washit off", remember to italicize the space between the words. :lol:
lol

I'm gonna go wash it off..

or rub one out..

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

OS wrote:
Jackman05 wrote:It's true, check out any site or any report.. Apparently ESPN dug it up off their own tape from each series. I doubt anything can be done about it.. If it goes to game 6 Rogers is scheduled again to start so we'll see if he has a turn of bad luck. He'd be stupid to doctor it again. But who knows.
I think there is absolutely something that MLB can do... but they won't. The way I understand it is that the rules state that the pitchers can't have anything on their hands except for rosin (sp?). Even "dirt" is against the rules... they have tape from 3 games that show that he broke the rules.
Other than suspend him, there isn't anything they can do.

Not to mention, Rogers still pitched damn well after he washed that crap off his hand, so this is prolly a moot point, now that I ponder it a little.....

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

BF44 wrote:Not to mention, Rogers still pitched damn well after he washed that crap off his hand, so this is prolly a moot point, now that I ponder it a little.....
That assumes that he still wasn't donig something illegal after washing his hands...

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

OS wrote:
BF44 wrote:Not to mention, Rogers still pitched damn well after he washed that crap off his hand, so this is prolly a moot point, now that I ponder it a little.....
That assumes that he still wasn't donig something illegal after washing his hands...

How come he would never take his glove off in the dugout?

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

The guy who wrote MLB Rule 8.02 wrote:The pitcher shall not --
(a) (1) Bring his pitching hand in contact with his mouth or lips while in the 18 foot circle surrounding the pitching rubber. EXCEPTION: Provided it is agreed to by both managers, the umpire prior to the start of a game played in cold weather, may permit the pitcher to blow on his hand. PENALTY: For violation of this part of this rule the umpires shall immediately call a ball. However, if the pitch is made and a batter reaches first base on a hit, an error, a hit batsman or otherwise, and no other runner is put out before advancing at least one base, the play shall proceed without reference to the violation. Repeated offenders shall be subject to a fine by the league president.
(2) expectorate on the ball, either hand or his glove;
(3) rub the ball on his glove, person or clothing;
(4) apply a foreign substance of any kind to the ball;
(5) deface the ball in any manner; or
(6) deliver a ball defaced in a manner prescribed by Rule 8.02(a)(2) through (5) or what is called the “shine” ball, “spit” ball, “mud” ball or “emery” ball. The pitcher is allowed to rub the ball between his bare hands.
PENALTY: For violation of any part of Rules 8.02(a)(2) through (6):
(a) The pitcher shall be ejected immediately from the game and shall be suspended automatically for 10 games.
(b) If a play follows the violation called by the umpire, the manager of the offense may advise the plate umpire that he elects to accept the play. Such election shall be made immediately at the end of the play. However, if the batter reaches first base on a hit, an error, a base on balls, a hit batsman, or otherwise, and no other runner is put out before advancing at least one base, the play shall proceed without reference to the violation.
(c) Even though the offense elects to take the play, the violation shall be recognized and the penalties in subsection (a) will still be in effect.
(d) The umpire shall be sole judge on whether any portion of this rule has been violated.
Rules 8.02(a)(2) through 8.02(a)(6) Comment: If a pitcher violates either Rule 8.02(a)(2) or Rule 8.02(a)(3) and, in the judgment of the umpire, the pitcher did not intend, by his act, to alter the characteristics of a pitched ball, then the umpire may, in his discretion, warn the pitcher in lieu of applying the penalty set forth for violations of Rules 8.02(a)(2) through 8.02(a)(6). If the pitcher persists in violating either of those Rules, however, the umpire should then apply the penalty.
Rule 8.02(a) Comment: If at any time the ball hits the rosin bag it is in play. In the case of rain or wet field, the umpire may instruct the pitcher to carry the rosin bag in his hip pocket. A pitcher may use the rosin bag for the purpose of applying rosin to his bare hand or hands. Neither the pitcher nor any other player shall dust the ball with the rosin bag; neither shall the pitcher nor any other player be permitted to apply rosin from the bag to his glove or dust any part of his uniform with the rosin bag.
(b) Have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section (b) the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game. In addition, the pitcher shall be suspended automatically for 10 games.
(c) Intentionally delay the game by throwing the ball to players other then the catcher, when the batter is in position, except in an attempt to retire a runner.
PENALTY: If, after warning by the umpire, such delaying action is repeated, the pitcher shall be removed from the game.
(d) Intentionally Pitch at the Batter.
If, in the umpire’s judgment, such a violation occurs, the umpire may elect either to:
1. Expel the pitcher, or the manager and the pitcher, from the game, or
2. may warn the pitcher and the manager of both teams that another such pitch will result in the immediate expulsion of that pitcher (or a replacement) and the manager.
If, in the umpire’s judgment, circumstances warrant, both teams may be officially “warned” prior to the game or at any time during the game.
(League Presidents may take additional action under authority provided in Rule 9.05.)
Rule 8.02(d) Comment: To pitch at a batter’s head is unsportsmanlike and highly dangerous. It should be—and is—condemned by everybody. Umpires should act without hesitation in enforcement of this rule.
Technically, the freign substance was applied to his hand. If he didn't apply it to the ball, he's in the clear....

Technically......

EDIT: THen I read the 2nd bolded part.

Fry the b@stard. If nothing else, he should be suspended for the rest of the series and part of next year.

Jackman05
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman05 »

Not true, Tavarez 2 years ago had it on his cap. He was ejected and suspended 10 games. Technically maybe if you are going by the letter.. MLB doesn't have to go by the absolute letter..

just saw your edit.. rock on kill him..

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

Ugh, I'm getting p!ssed off again. At the very least, TLR should have played the game under protest.

Jackman05
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman05 »

Yeah its just frustrating.. I went to bed last night right after the game. I didn't even care about what happened in the first. I figured we didn't hit for 8 innings, fair enough they beat us.. I woke up to find that this friggen loser has been cheating all through the playoffs. That really p!ssed me off.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Suck it Detroit.

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

I only want to know one thing -- is there a chance he'll be suspended for the rest of the series?
_____ _ _

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Allblues555 wrote:I only want to know one thing -- is there a chance he'll be suspended for the rest of the series?
No. Don't be surprised to see him pitch in game 6.