Sean Taylor of the Redskins dead at age 24

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

FloPoErich
All-Star
All-Star

Sean Taylor of the Redskins dead at age 24

Post by FloPoErich »

I don't know how anyone couldn't have heard about this, but it is a sad story... He was apparently shot during a burglary or something of the sort and passed away during the night.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

dmiles2186 wrote:It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.
My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

OS wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.
My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.

++ Circling the drain.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Pretty messed up.

What's the deal with all these football players getting shot lately?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Pretty messed up.

What's the deal with all these football players getting shot lately?

O.J. is still on the loose.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

You notice this didn't happen till OJ made bail. I'll bet there is a Bruno Mali (sp?) shoe print there. And I bet Mark Furman put it there!!!!
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

My money is on Pacman Jones.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Does it seem wrong that OJ Simpson was at the funeral services? :shock:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.
:lol:

That's terrible, but I can't disagree. A sports announcer for ESPN last night was saying something to the effect that he wasn't surprised, thought there was more too it than some honorable "I was defending my home and got shot by a perpetrator" thing and basically said it was tragic but not at all surprising and for THAT reason, you gotta evaluate his character and realize this was not a straight tragedy and I gotta agree.

I hate how everyone makes it out to be like this is the greatest personal loss of the century. I agree that it is potential lost and that this event is nothing that is wished on anyone, but what you said is true- he lived in a pro sports culture that is dominated by events of this kind (albeit not magnitude) and the players need to stop pushing it.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

It's a shame that he leaves a 1 year old behind fatherless. It's always after somebody gets killed that everybody starts talking about how they had "cleaned up they act" and "aint runnin wit dat crowd no more"

I call bs. I'm not happy this man was killed but considering the way he had lived, I'm not sure if he deserves the benefit of the doubt as "innocent victim"

perhaps I'm wrong but that is the way I see it.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:It's a shame that he leaves a 1 year old behind fatherless. It's always after somebody gets killed that everybody starts talking about how they had "cleaned up they act" and "aint runnin wit dat crowd no more"

I call bs. I'm not happy this man was killed but considering the way he had lived, I'm not sure if he deserves the benefit of the doubt as "innocent victim"

perhaps I'm wrong but that is the way I see it.
Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

WaukeeBlues wrote: Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.
Pretty sure a good percentage of Nazi Germany rationalized their feelings in the same manner.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the knob wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote: Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.
Pretty sure a good percentage of Nazi Germany rationalized their feelings in the same manner.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OS wrote:
my wife has told me similar stories from the MICU.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:
My wife (who has worked at several types of ICU) says the same thing about patients before she pushes an overdose in their line. :shock:

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

the knob wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:
My wife (who has worked at several types of ICU) says the same thing about patients before she pushes an overdose in their line. :shock:
I was eating a granola bar while reading this post, and I almost lost said granola bar :lol:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Chudman82 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
goon attack wrote:a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.

That's terrible, but I can't disagree. A sports announcer for ESPN last night was saying something to the effect that he wasn't surprised, thought there was more too it than some honorable "I was defending my home and got shot by a perpetrator" thing and basically said it was tragic but not at all surprising and for THAT reason, you gotta evaluate his character and realize this was not a straight tragedy and I gotta agree.

I hate how everyone makes it out to be like this is the greatest personal loss of the century. I agree that it is potential lost and that this event is nothing that is wished on anyone, but what you said is true- he lived in a pro sports culture that is dominated by events of this kind (albeit not magnitude) and the players need to stop pushing it.
So now that it's been proven that the shooting was just a burglary that had nothing to do with any of his past transgressions, are you two willing to retract your statements? Calling the guy a thug loser is low, especially since the guy just died.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Chudman82 wrote: So now that it's been proven that the shooting was just a burglary that had nothing to do with any of his past transgressions, are you two willing to retract your statements? Calling the guy a thug loser is low, especially since the guy just died.
What statements do you want me to retract exactly? You mean my speculation that his lifestyle had something to do with it?

The perps allegedly heard about Taylor's wealth through a person who knew Taylor, undoubtedly another scumbag criminal. That was the whole point in the first place. He had connections with losers from his thug past and that indirectly lead to his killing. That's the whole point we're making here.

Did he in the present do something that directly lead to his death? Well, by hanging out with losers and flaunting his wealth like all these professional jackasses do, that argument might have some merit. I don't think these guys would have broken into his house cold, with no information about what might be inside. The mutual friend of Taylor and the perps probably got the grand tour with Taylor showing off all kinds of "bling" and other crapola, the scumbag friend blabbed about it, and these four idiots decided to cash in.

So by association you could say Sean Taylor screwed up.

So will I retract my opinion? No.

I'm not glad the guy died, if that's what's upsetting you.