lucky bastards, 33 cent gas...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

lucky bastards, 33 cent gas...

Post by glen a richter »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071208/ap_ ... 3_cent_gas

As for the station owner, I would have been a dishonest prick too, for 33 cents a gallon. I think any sensible driver would take advantage of that opportunity. Tell your bosses to lower the price/gallon and maybe people wouldn't be so giddy about this sort of bargain.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

You'd have to be a nun, not to take advantage of that opportunity. :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'd be pumping gas into empty jugs for future use

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I'd swipe my parents' stock tank to fill up for future use. Craziness.

Cajanek_Dvacetsest
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Cajanek_Dvacetsest »

Burn in HELL..................... :twisted:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

People complain about $3.10/gallon (or whatever it is where you are) for gas and then go buy a coffee from Starbucks for $6 and don't bat an eye. Or maybe you prefer bottled water instead. You know, that stuff that you can actually get for free?

Gas is still a bargain when you compare it to a lot of other things. I get mad every time I have to fill up too, it's human nature, but it's really one of the most logically priced things out there.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ViPeRx007 wrote:People complain about $3.10/gallon (or whatever it is where you are) for gas and then go buy a coffee from Starbucks for $6 and don't bat an eye. Or maybe you prefer bottled water instead. You know, that stuff that you can actually get for free?

Gas is still a bargain when you compare it to a lot of other things. I get mad every time I have to fill up too, it's human nature, but it's really one of the most logically priced things out there.
I don't buy starbucks or bottled water. Bottled water, in fact, is worse for you than tap water. But, I do drive 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. $3.23/gallon is painful.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:People complain about $3.10/gallon (or whatever it is where you are) for gas and then go buy a coffee from Starbucks for $6 and don't bat an eye. Or maybe you prefer bottled water instead. You know, that stuff that you can actually get for free?

I don't buy starbucks or bottled water. Bottled water, in fact, is worse for you than tap water. But, I do drive 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. $3.23/gallon is painful.
I don't disagree with you. I hate buying gas. I'm just saying that it's not like it's overpriced more than anything else that people buy on a daily basis.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:

I don't disagree with you. I hate buying gas. I'm just saying that it's not like it's overpriced more than anything else that people buy on a daily basis.
People who buy bottled water are throwing their money away.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:

Dentists and dental hygienists hate it because a lot of the minerals in tap water naturally strengthen your teeth and if you're drinking bottled water all the time you're not getting that.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk