Per Strickland; Weight/Birner/8th for Andy McDonald

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

now it's an 8th rounder? Dang, there's a lot of talent in the 8th round.... bad trade! :lol:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Johnny_Hangover
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Johnny_Hangover »

I'll miss Dougie as much as the next homer, but I'm psyched about this move. What easily could have been a stop-gap type of trade for a 3rd liner (not impuning the talents of JD, Al, and Leery), nets us a guy with potential to be a 1st liner. For someone who's been lamenting how frickin' slow the Blues have been in the last few years (we've sped up of late, obviously), seeing the team add another speedy playmaker is heartening.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

So, he was Selane's linemate last year. HMMMM. McDonald Kariya Selane? DO IT JD!
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Nayrb
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Nayrb »

I was having a pretty shitty day, but this has perked me up a little bit.

Too bad I still have to wake up at 4:30am for work.

Great deal... he'll do wonders with Boyes and Kariya.
excellent /\

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Jeanneret and his color guy seem astonished by the trade, for what that's worth...they just kept saying, "Andy MCDONALD?! ANDY MCDONALD?!" talking about how he's 10 years younger than Weight [sic] and what a good move it was by JD & Co.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Oh, and all of that being said, I'll still miss DW. He's easily one of the nicest, most genuine people (let alone professional athlete) I've ever met. At last year's Dream Night event, he outstayed many of the volunteers, just hanging out and talking with the kids, parents, volunteers...hell, whoever slowed down passing through the room got a chat with him. After he'd signed everything people wanted him to sign, he went and found more stuff to sign in case we could use it for anything else for fundraising or whatever. He also arranged, during his day with the Stanley Cup, for one of the Dream Factory kids who was also a hockey player to have a private meeting, pics, etc. with him and the Cup. The little boy passed away this past summer, and that picture was one of the ones most prominently displayed at his memorial service.

I'm excited about the trade, but the sappy girly part of me's a little sad, too. :)
Last edited by Blueline29 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Blueline29 wrote:Oh, and all of that being said, I'll still miss DW. He's easily one of the nicest, most genuine people (let alone professional athlete) I've ever met.
Big ++ on that. I have met Weight a few different times and he was always a pretty engaging and friendly guy. He always knew how to work a room.

I have a friend who is a Weight fanatic, but missed out on meeting him. Weight did a rather elaborate personal autograph to him (for me to pass along to him).

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

WHERE ARE ALL TEH CAPITAL TYPINGS GO?11

:lol:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Blueline29 wrote:Oh, and all of that being said, I'll still miss DW. He's easily one of the nicest, most genuine people (let alone professional athlete) I've ever met. At last year's Dream Night event, he outstayed many of the volunteers, just hanging out and talking with the kids, parents, volunteers...hell, whoever slowed down passing through the room got a chat with him. After he'd signed everything people wanted him to sign, he went and found more stuff to sign in case we could use it for anything else for fundraising or whatever. He also arranged, during his day with the Stanley Cup, for one of the Dream Factory kids who was also a hockey player, to have a private meeting, pics, etc. with him and the Cup. The little boy passed away this past summer, and that picture was one of the ones most prominently displayed at his memorial service.

I'm excited about the trade, but the sappy girly part of me's a little sad, too. :)
Agreed. I posted elswhere about how that in addition to being a great teammate, he has been a superb ambassador for not only the Blues, but the sport of hockey, in this area. He's one of the really genuine nice guys that I would hope would choose to return here after his career is over.
One of my favorite Doug Weight memories as a Blue, came during the worst of times. We all remember what a miserable start the Blues had during their last place year. With Lalime playing goal with his eyes closed, and Kitchen out to lunch, the team could do nothing right. Then at Super Bowl time, Weight invited the entire team to his place to play cards, talk, drink, watch the Super Bowl, etc..
While they still finished last, after that get together, they started playing much better, and stopped being an embarrasment. I'll always believe Weight's stepping up and being a leader, was a big factor in that improvement.
I wish him a world of success.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

barnburner wrote:Berglund would be at best a long shot to make the Blues next year, at least out of camp.
Kinda like Perron? Just bustin balls. I agree.

Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Chudman82 »

There's only 7 rounds now in the draft, so that 8th is um...questionable.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Wow. Good thing I did not go through with putting Weight on my jersey...

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

In before Weight wins the cup again with Anaheim...

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Hope he get's outa Dodge before the effin snow hits. He won't miss this crap in California.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

drwoland wrote:Wow. Good thing I did not go through with putting Weight on my jersey...
My wife just got a Weight jersey... she's not too happy.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

A Mac playing in the next game?

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

With 2 days to get in town, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be on hand for the Flames on Sunday.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

barnburner wrote:Agreed. I posted elswhere about how that in addition to being a great teammate, he has been a superb ambassador for not only the Blues, but the sport of hockey, in this area. He's one of the really genuine nice guys that I would hope would choose to return here after his career is over.
One of my favorite Doug Weight memories as a Blue, came during the worst of times. We all remember what a miserable start the Blues had during their last place year. With Lalime playing goal with his eyes closed, and Kitchen out to lunch, the team could do nothing right. Then at Super Bowl time, Weight invited the entire team to his place to play cards, talk, drink, watch the Super Bowl, etc..
While they still finished last, after that get together, they started playing much better, and stopped being an embarrasment. I'll always believe Weight's stepping up and being a leader, was a big factor in that improvement.
I wish him a world of success.
That also reminds me...I think he might've been the only player I've ever heard of whose now-former team threw him a going-away party the day he was traded to Carolina, and either that same day or the day after, he was already talking about how he wanted to come back to St. Louis. That always really impressed me.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:A Mac playing in the next game?
Davidson said on KMOX that he would be in uniform on Sunday, and Murray said he will be with Boyes and PK.