RIP Dan Fogelberg

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

RIP Dan Fogelberg

Post by Blueline29 »

LINK

All right, I know he wasn't, for lack of a better word, the edgiest guy out there (or, in the words of Denis Leary, "You know, I just don't get it. I missed the facking point someplace. ...Explain it to me. Heavy metal bands on trial because kids commit suicide? What's that about? Judas Priest on trial because 'my kid bought the record, and listened to the lyrics, .....' Well that's great! That sets a legal precedent. Does that mean I can sue Dan Fogelberg for making me into a pussy in the mid-70's? Is that possible, huh?"), but I grew up listening to his music because my mom liked him. And after hearing the cause of his death, it really hits home because, as some (well, one) of you know, my dad just underwent surgery for the same thing. Thankfully, my dad's doing fine now, but it's scary as shit to contemplate, y'know?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

He was one of my favorite song writers of all time.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
_____ _ _

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

The Leader of the Band was his father, who was a band leader.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Now I read Stephen Stills has ass cancer. They say his was caught much earlier than Fogelberg's, though.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Leedog wrote:Now I read Stephen Stills has ass cancer. They say his was caught much earlier than Fogelberg's, though.
Apparently, if it's caught early enough, it's one of the best (relatively speaking) cancers to have. Besides that, something like 1 in 5 men over 60 (I think) are gonna get it, so sadly, it's almost not rare enough to be newsworthy anymore.