I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Post by F Keenan »

And just a shade under a decade too, alright!
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Post by Portland Blues »

F Keenan wrote:And just a shade under a decade too, alright!
Nice job on the G.E.D.!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Portland Blues wrote:
Nice job on the G.E.D.!

Its a communications degree from UMSL, so basically it is a G.E.D. :lol:

The good thing is, the job I went back to school to get three years ago, I was offered a week before I finished school. No more ambulances, no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Congrats!!! So what job are you gonna have now?

StempniakforPrez
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StempniakforPrez »

Good for you, man! Congrats!

I won't be out til May....... :roll: :cry: :x

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

F Keenan wrote: no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.
Those ER's won't treat them!

sincerely,

whackjob liberals.

seriously tho, congrats.

maybe you and rebelmusic can have celebratory butt sechs
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

F Keenan wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
Nice job on the G.E.D.!

The good thing is, the job I went back to school to get three years ago, I was offered a week before I finished school. No more ambulances, no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.
Congrats! I walked at the 6 PM ceremony. You guys got franking LaRussa, we got some boring broad. Grats anyhow!
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

rebelmusic wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
Nice job on the G.E.D.!

Congrats! I walked at the 6 PM ceremony. You guys got franking LaRussa, we got some boring broad. Grats anyhow!
I didn't walk..... LaRussa was there??? :shock: I should have went... maybe bought him a beer afterwards.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

we had our university president give a half-assed 5 minute speech. And we had to pay $50 or so to walk. I consider that the only monetary contribution I will ever make as an alum.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

When I finished my undergrad eons ago (2003, seems like a lifetime ago) we had the damn university president as the keynote speaker. Whoopdeedoo.

When my fiancee finished her undergrad, she had Chuck Schumer.

She won.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.
I refused to walk at UMSL. I'm glad I made that decision.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:

She won.
She won what? Worst commencement speaker on earth?

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.
I refused to walk at UMSL. I'm glad I made that decision.
Unfortunately, my family made me.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:

She won.
She won what? Worst commencement speaker on earth?
Actually the speech was witty, intelligent and insightful, with not a hint of political posturing in it. But yeah, I know, it would have been so much better to have that dumbass from Texas by way of Connecticut. That would have been much more enjoyable had the entire ceremony been filled with braindead neo-fascists.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Ours didn't include anything about after getting jobs.. They just wanted money.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote: Actually the speech was witty, intelligent and insightful, with not a hint of political posturing in it. But yeah, I know, it would have been so much better to have that dumbass from Texas by way of Connecticut. That would have been much more enjoyable had the entire ceremony been filled with braindead neo-fascists.
[img:379:300]http://www.itsallgeorgebushsfault.com/p ... id-911.jpg[/img]

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

We got both, the 'give us money' speech as well as a keynote addy.

F. Keenan - If you ceremony was the 2 o'clock one then LaRussa was the speaker.

goon - It took me 10 years to get my degree, so I was walking. I also had a graduation party and banked.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Does everything have to be political?

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

Congrats Keenan! Nice job. I've always been a firm believer in education.

As far as the Commencement Speech, it couldn't have been any worse than the one I had to suffer through when I graduated from LMU. Our speeker was a sociology professor at Harvard. He droned on and on about the changing demagraphics and migration patterns of the world population. It felt the sociology class from Hell that would never end. It was so inappropriate for the occasion; all I can imagine is that he was too lazy to write up a speech for that day so he just pulled one he used on the lecture circuit.

Dumbest thing about that guy was that he was chosen for worst possible reason: he's the only LMU graduate who has ever received a professorship at Harvard. So what does it matter if he gives a crappy speech! :roll:

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche