Anyone wanna give a rivemen update?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

bluesfankev21
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Anyone wanna give a rivemen update?

Post by bluesfankev21 »

It would be appreciated. I am wondering who is doing good, bad etc. Thanks,
Kevin

GO BLUES!!!!!

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

Wednesday before Thanksgiving. CBT gets his first start since being promoted. Schwarz has been slumping a bit. Not controlling rebounds. mentally not ready. We lose 2-1. Much better effort. We outshoot the High flyin' Wolves. Fast Forward to Friday night. We outshoot the Wolves 49-21 and CBT gets a 7-3 win with a Julian Talbot hat trick. This was the most complete game of the season. Defense was solid. Micki Dupont who was struggling came alive. Polak who has been sulking in his wheaties played much better. Polak has been trying to create way to much on the offensive side. To the point he was benched a few shifts several games ago. From my sources he is crying because Wagner is ahead of him on the depth chart. Fact is he has not really played into the system. He carelessly has taken the puck in to deep. Dumb penalties. This past weekend we saw the old Polak. Finishing checks. smart and simple game.
Woywitka has been a bright spot on D. Putting points up too.

We follow up the the Chicago thumping with a 2-1 win over the Quad City squad on Saturday. The team has been upbeat. Maybe now the lines are starting to gell. CBT is 2-1.

The team takes off in the morning for a Chicago rematch then 2 games in Texas. Perfect time to get a little road time together. Might want to listen live on Chicago game. I look for Benson or Reaves to drop em. Talbot took some cheap shots at the end of the last game. As for Reaves, he is a checkin' machine. Cam Keith won't be back to Peoria with Reaves ability.
Porter has a nice game. Very skilled. Nothing flashy. Hits hard.
Linglet continues to amaze me with his hands. At times I think he is a little passive though.

These are simply my opinions. I am sure guys like Airmule or Jeanne could provide additional input.

Airmule
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Airmule »

Sums it up pretty well. I like Polak and the way he plays but there is a reason Wagner is ahead of him on the depth charts.
There are a few guys who seem to be coasting and letting the others do the work which has to change.
Love the way Reaves plays.
The major thing IMO this team needs is a killer instinct to finish a job. And when I say team I mean the coaching staff too.
The game against Chicago ( 7-3) was one of the best Rivermen games I've seen in a few years. Got a lead, kept up pressure and did the simple, basic things they needed to do to win a hockey game. If they would have played that hard and lost I'd have still said the same thing. They looked like a team that night. That needs to continue.

bluesfankev21
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by bluesfankev21 »

Thanks alot guys...Talbot seems to be playing well. Think he has a NHL future?
Kevin

GO BLUES!!!!!

Airmule
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Airmule »

I wish we could clone Talbot.
Linglet is coming along nicely and will get some time in STL before the year is over.
What can I say about Whitfield that hasn't been said.+
These guys know what needs to be done to win hockey games. The question is who will lead them to the net?

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

bluesfankev21 wrote:Thanks alot guys...Talbot seems to be playing well. Think he has a NHL future?
This year he has a couple players ahead of him. Whitfield, Linglet, Martin Kariya, and Glumac. Injuries can change the depth chart. Talbot hasn't had his great games when Davidson and Murray have been in Peoria. The other players have stood out in those games, all loses.
I think Talbot's chances of making the Blues roster depend on if Linglet has a chance. ECHL free agent, signed to AHL contract, and given a NHL contract. If Linglet doesn't get an opportunity to play for the Blues during his 2 year contract, Talbot might not be given a NHL option.
Talbot has stepped his game up to a top line AHL player and needs to force the Blues or another NHL team to give him the chance. I don't think he is ready at this time.

execwrite
All-Star
All-Star

Post by execwrite »

In December, the Rivermen has posted a 6-2-1-0 mark, good for 13 of a possible 18 points. The club is a collective plus-79, out-scoring opponents 37-27 in that stretch. Charles Linglet has points in every game this month, with nine goals and 15 points. Jean-Guy Trudel has 11 assists in those nine contests to help pace the offense.