Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Post by STL JA »

This film is really, really good. I think it's Tim Burton's best. I was expecting it to be good, but it is a damn masterpiece. Even if you're not into musicals, it's still worth checking out. Burton did an amazing job turning an already great musical into a film that you won't forget.

Just spreading the word, I think many will miss out on this one unfortunately.

[img:432:640]http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/Sweeney.jpg[/img]

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

if we could get rid of celebrities and replace them with non-assholes, I might enjoy watching films again.

;)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of politicians and replace them with non-assholes, I might enjoy freedom again.

;)
fixed

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

I saw it on a friend's recommendation. It's a good movie, but they overdid it with the gore. That ruined an otherwise enjoyable experience for me.

Also, the young guy's theme song is effing annoying. Depp's character is bad ass

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of politicians and replace them with non-assholes, I might enjoy freedom again.

;)
fixed
Awesome. +1
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

drwoland wrote:I saw it on a friend's recommendation. It's a good movie, but they overdid it with the gore. That ruined an otherwise enjoyable experience for me.

Also, the young guy's theme song is effing annoying. Depp's character is bad ass
It's definitely gory. It didn't bother me much, but I could see how it could turn people away. I'm not a fan of gore, but this wasn't Hostel. Now that is just crap.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of early twenty-somethings and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy this message board again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of early twenty-somethings and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy this message board again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.

:roll:

Get over yourself, Goon.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of beastiality, child molestation, and drive by shootings, and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy cheering for the Blues at Joe Louis Arena again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.
This game can go on forever :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of jerkoff pederasts, and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy Catholic mass again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.
:lol:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of diving Euro pansies, game fixing, and hooligans and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy Italian soccer again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.
Aw yeah. This *is* fun!
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of diving Euro pansies, game fixing, and hooligans and replace them with non-asshole, non-idiots, I might enjoy Italian soccer again.

;)
fixed
fixed again.
Aw yeah. This *is* fun!
Not really.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

STL JA wrote: Not really.
Lighten up, Francis.

[img:260:185]http://deadasadoornail.com/deadpeople/1 ... -Oates.jpg[/img]

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

STL JA wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote: fixed
fixed again.
Aw yeah. This *is* fun!
Not really.
FALSE.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

His drivers license would say Todds Weeny.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

goon attack wrote:if we could get rid of Al Gore and replace him with Mitch Hedberg, I might enjoy pretending that Global Warming is real again.

;)
We all knew it would end up here anyway....
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko