GDT: Interstate 64 / Highway 40 closure

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

GDT: Interstate 64 / Highway 40 closure

Post by marco »

Well this should be entertaining to say the least.

Who all is affected by this?

Not me so much, I could practically walk to my work, but the misses works downtown Clayton and is expecting Olive to be a circus in the morning.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

They're closin the hwy??? No one told me! First I heard of it.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Leedog wrote:They're closin the hwy??? No one told me! First I heard of it.
What do you think the Vegas odds are on someone running into a barracade at either end because they didn't know the highway was going to be shutdown?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

It would have to be someone hijacking a short bus. I'm so effin sick of hearing about it.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Doesn't affect my commute at all. 8)
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

fargoblues wrote:Doesn't affect my commute at all. 8)
Have fun shoveling your car out of the snow

:grin: 8)

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

It doesn't affect my "commute," such as it is, at all; my drive time in the morning is 3 minutes straight up Manchester.

However, my drive down to the STC will be franked eight ways from Sunday, and that pisses me off.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

I'm not sure how much mine will be effected... on some days I hope on the Page extension and and head right to the westport area. I think there will be some more traffic on that but not sure how much. Other days I take 70 east to 270 north to drop my kids off... I think those days are going to suck.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

What's the best way to get to STC now coming from Columbia? Ride 70 in and take 270 down to 40, or is it still closed at that junction?

And a serious lol at the Dem bloggers on Fired Up Missouri trying to make this look it's Blunt's fault the road is closing.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the knob wrote:What's the best way to get to STC now coming from Columbia? Ride 70 in and take 270 down to 40, or is it still closed at that junction?

And a serious lol at the Dem bloggers on Fired Up Missouri trying to make this look it's Blunt's fault the road is closing.
40/64 is open up to 270 going east from Wentzville

take 70 all the way in. 40 will be f-d from Ballas (essentially 270) on in.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

although it looks like here that you can take 70 to 170 south to 40/64 east, at least at first.

You may run into some hardcore traffic but at least you won't have to drive through the North Side, if that sort of thing bothers you.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

I just started a new job and our yearly sales conference is at Westport tomorrow and Friday. Should be fun getting out there from Belleville.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

the knob wrote:What's the best way to get to STC now coming from Columbia? Ride 70 in and take 270 down to 40, or is it still closed at that junction?

70 straight in to 10th St. (or Broadway if you are a pussy). Easy as pie. You should come early so you can turn right at Locust and go up to the Tap Room for some pregame Schlafly's.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I was pissed that they closed the Brentwood onramp so I just shot across Eager and it wasn't too bad but we had morons blocking the intersection on Hanley so it took me 2 lights to get through the intersection.

Monday will be D-Day. We're still in holiday/vacation traffic right now.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

No Eff-X for me! SUCKERS!! :lol:
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

It's odd cause my job requires me to drive all over town, but this won't really affect me that much. When I go out to St. Peters I take Page extension.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

DOOMSDAY HAS ARRIVED.

(queue the music) DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!

Urgefan02
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Urgefan02 »

I just think that the news coverage of this is funny as hell... there isn't much traffic or anything going on and they make it seem like the world is going to end... only in St. Louis...

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Urgefan02 wrote:I just think that the news coverage of this is funny as hell... there isn't much traffic or anything going on and they make it seem like the world is going to end... only in St. Louis...
My ass got woke up by the friggin helicopters buzzing over the 170/40 exchange all damn morning. I finally said f-it and woke up about an hour early.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Urgefan02 wrote:I just think that the news coverage of this is funny as hell... there isn't much traffic or anything going on and they make it seem like the world is going to end... only in St. Louis...
Lots of people are off work today... and a lot of other people left for work early to be safe. Monday is when it's going to get really bad.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie