Nikolai Lemtyugov?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Nikolai Lemtyugov?

Post by crazy blues fan »

How has he been doing?
Thanks to Viper for the great sig!

majikle
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by majikle »

Peoria rookie Nikolay Lemtyugov, the highly skilled player NHL scouts project as a topsix forward at the next level, stunned both sides when, with Quad City holding a 2-0 lead, he pummeled surprised Flames defenseman Tim Ramholt in his first North American bout at 9:47 of the second period.

Ramholt ended up dropping to the ice and covering his face during the fight. The Rivermen roared on to score three goals in the next 10 minutes, including two from Jean-Guy Trudel.

**snip**

"He (Ramholt) pushed me, so I waited, and he said OK so I fought," said Lemtyugov, speaking without an interpreter for the first time. "I hate defensemen. I like to score goals, and those guys block my shots, hit my stick, so I'm going to fight them when they push me. I hate 'em."
http://www.pjstar.com/stories/010708/RI ... FH.076.php

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Nikolay Lemtyugov wrote: "I hate defensemen. I like to score goals, and those guys block my shots, hit my stick, so I'm going to fight them when they push me. I hate 'em."

See how well that works at the next level. :lol:

mckee_74
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by mckee_74 »

hahahaha this guy is awesome! Thats the kind of edge I like in a player, hates defensemen because he likes to score goals!!
Blocking shots does not hurt, losing hurts!

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

:lol:

8)

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

Lemmy is really finally getting comfortable. He has continued to adjust to the physical play and his conditioning has improved. Early in the game he took a cheap check in the corners digging for the puck. Should of been a cross check.

Rumholt took offense to the clean hip check that Lemmy dished out a few minutes later. Rumholt jumped on Lemmy like a beeootch. Lemmy snapped and dished out several haymakers stunning Rumholt. This fight was so out of character all the coaches were smiling and cheering him on. I have never seen the Rivs coaches applaud like they did. When the linesmen seperated them he gave the linesmen a shove as to say get out of my way. I think that's why he also got the mis-conduct on top of the 5 for fighting.

I have seen a lot of fights in Peoria. But this one was unique. A light bulb went off in Lemmy's head and he was in another zone. He stunned Rumholt.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

That sounds like Dennis Wideman's fight where he just erupted out of no where in a scrum by the net and beat the crap out of someone.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

mckee_74
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by mckee_74 »

OS wrote:That sounds like Dennis Wideman's fight where he just erupted out of no where in a scrum by the net and beat the crap out of someone.
I remember that, I think it was Alex Burrows from Vancouver, i remember him uppercutting the guy when he was on all four's, that was awesome!
Blocking shots does not hurt, losing hurts!

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

That's awesome! Just what the Blues need too, another bruiser, especially a crazy Russian one... even if it's only a couple times a year.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

More of this kind of thing and less of the lady byng SHIT.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

mckee_74 wrote:
OS wrote:That sounds like Dennis Wideman's fight where he just erupted out of no where in a scrum by the net and beat the crap out of someone.
I remember that, I think it was Alex Burrows from Vancouver, i remember him uppercutting the guy when he was on all four's, that was awesome!

That's the fight you are thinking of, but I think OS was talking about a different one that I didn't see on eBay, or at least my recollection was that he threw down "more" than this fight.

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

Lemmy's fight on youtube.

StempniakforPrez
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StempniakforPrez »

blueline wrote:

Lemmy's fight on youtube.
Damn. Lemmy owned him on that one. Very nice!

Bretzky7
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Nikolai Lemtyugov?

Post by Bretzky7 »

He's definitely got some attitude to him, I remember Pierre Maguire talknig about how he wore 66 for his russian team because he thought he was comparable to Lemieux and he had the solid white skates. I'd admire his skill and confidence.
LGB sponsor of Keith Tkachuk

MU_Beerman
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by MU_Beerman »

Wow Lemmy creamed that dude, awesome. Think he makes the jump next year? Prob depends on how Berglund does, by all acounts he is on his way over the pond regardless of where he plays, N or the A.
"Where's the keg I'll Pump"
-Happy Gilmore

Reality_Czech
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Reality_Czech »

Lemtyugov with another goal tonight, his 16th of the season.

Also scored in the shootout.

It might be hard to keep this kid out of the NHL next season...

R_C

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Reality_Czech wrote:Lemtyugov with another goal tonight, his 16th of the season.

Also scored in the shootout.

It might be hard to keep this kid out of the NHL next season...

R_C
Let's hope! :)

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re:

Post by glen a richter »

Nikolay Lemtyugov wrote: "I hate defensemen. I like to score goals, and those guys block my shots, hit my stick, so I'm going to fight them when they push me. I hate 'em."
This team needs more players who shoot the damn puck. There's so much offensive talent, just put it on goal and things will happen. Lemtyugov might just be on this team next year with Oshie, Berglund and Perron Part Deux. I envision magical things in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Best unknown young talent?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Re:

Post by Ehijo »

glen a richter wrote:
This team needs more players who shoot the damn puck. There's so much offensive talent, just put it on goal and things will happen. Lemtyugov might just be on this team next year with Oshie, Berglund and Perron Part Deux. I envision magical things in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Best unknown young talent?
Lemtyugov better be PERFECT defensively! Remember who we have coaching the Blues...

Man, Murray's brain is gonna implode with that many young guys on the team.

majikle
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by majikle »

WEAPONOLOGY: Nikolay Lemtyugov is emerging as a real offensive weapon. Put him in a shootout, and he'll leave the goaltender flopping on the ice with an array of moves.

Let him near your net, and he'll torture defensemen who don't know whether to defend his shot or pass skills. Power play need a jump start? Put him out on the point and he'll crank in a 45-footer.

And he's the second-best rookie on the team. Julian Talbot reached the 20-goal plateau in Sunday's win at Rockford. Yes, veterans Jean-Guy Trudel and Mike Glumac scored goals and Marek Schwarz came up big in the nets.

But the Rivermen don't win that game without Talbot and Lemtyugov.
[url]http://pjstar.com/stories/030408/DAV_BF ... 6.phpp.url]