Teacher/student sex

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

glen a richter wrote:
OS wrote:
glen a richter wrote:As I understand the law, I'm allowed to have a legal relationship with a student of legal age so long as they're not a student in the school I teach at. As far as I'm concerned, that qualifies as a bullshit loophole. No teacher should have sex with any student ever.
So a person that is 22 years old and a high school teacher shouldn't have a relationship with an 18 year old in a high school in a different school? How does that makes sense?
I guess it only makes sense in your twisted, immoral world. In civilized society, teachers don't have sex with their students who they are supposed to be educating, not impregnating... perhaps if you were in the field, you'd understand. Perhaps also, you'll understand if one day your son or daughter has an inappropriate relationship with their adult TEACHER (note the operative word here is TEACHER, not boyfriend, not girlfriend, not lover, not significant other).

But if you happen to think there's something to be gained by having sex with a student whether they're in the school you work at or not, then by all means go for it. Nothing in the world beats getting into a relationship with a careerless, immature kid who doesn't even know where they'll be going to college yet. :roll:
Nothing you just said answers my question. Please read my question and try again. Thanks...
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

OS wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
OS wrote:
glen a richter wrote:As I understand the law, I'm allowed to have a legal relationship with a student of legal age so long as they're not a student in the school I teach at. As far as I'm concerned, that qualifies as a bullshit loophole. No teacher should have sex with any student ever.
So a person that is 22 years old and a high school teacher shouldn't have a relationship with an 18 year old in a high school in a different school? How does that makes sense?
I guess it only makes sense in your twisted, immoral world. In civilized society, teachers don't have sex with their students who they are supposed to be educating, not impregnating... perhaps if you were in the field, you'd understand. Perhaps also, you'll understand if one day your son or daughter has an inappropriate relationship with their adult TEACHER (note the operative word here is TEACHER, not boyfriend, not girlfriend, not lover, not significant other).

But if you happen to think there's something to be gained by having sex with a student whether they're in the school you work at or not, then by all means go for it. Nothing in the world beats getting into a relationship with a careerless, immature kid who doesn't even know where they'll be going to college yet. :roll:
Nothing you just said answers my question. Please read my question and try again. Thanks...
Everything I said answers your question. Please learn how to read (it's more than just seeing words, it's also comprehending those words) and then instead of falling back on your blind, unjustified hatred for me, accept that under no circumstances is it appropriate for a person who has entered the social contract of "teacher of children" to have sexual relationships with said children.

If you still think that it's perfectly acceptable, then that's smashing. I hope it happens to your 18 year old kids one day (with a 22 year old teacher), and then maybe you'll see why it's so wrong.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

You're talking about MY reading comprehension? And you're a school teacher. Lord help us.
OS wrote:So a person that is 22 years old and a high school teacher shouldn't have a relationship with an 18 year old in a high school in a different school? How does that makes sense?
Please note the underlined words above, those are the ones that are important. Your response...
I guess it only makes sense in your twisted, immoral world. In civilized society, teachers don't have sex with their students who they are supposed to be educating, not impregnating...
How does a teacher have "their students" in a different school?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

OS wrote:You're talking about MY reading comprehension? And you're a school teacher. Lord help us.
OS wrote:So a person that is 22 years old and a high school teacher shouldn't have a relationship with an 18 year old in a high school in a different school? How does that makes sense?
Please note the underlined words above, those are the ones that are important. Your response...
I guess it only makes sense in your twisted, immoral world. In civilized society, teachers don't have sex with their students who they are supposed to be educating, not impregnating...
How does a teacher have "their students" in a different school?
Let me clarify for you, since you think it's perfectly acceptable. It's inappropriate for teachers to have sex with students in any school. In particular, it's inappropriate in civilized society for someone with the stature as a professional educator to have sex with a student, it's also inappropriate because that student may one day be a student in the school you teach at, via transfer.

Again, if you think this is ok, I hope it happens to your kids one day. You'll learn. Clearly, however, you know NOTHING about the field of education.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

I would have no problem if my 18 year old son or daughter dated a 22 year old teacher that taught in a different school. The fact that person is a teacher by profession is completely irrelevant because there would be absolutely no teacher/student relationship since they aren't in the same school.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I can't believe I'm having/entertaining a discussion as to whether or not it's appropriate for a professional adult to have sexual relations with high school students.

Bottom line, if you think this is acceptable behavior for a professional, you may be in dire need of some psychiatric care. In civilized society, we don't have sex with students. It's not natural and it's not socially or legally acceptable. Maybe in the backwoods it's fine and normal, and that's why we have shows like Springer and Maury, to clean up the mess that occurs as a result. As teachers, we're entrusted to 1) educate the children, 2) protect the children and 3) act in loco parentis (parents in absence of an actual parent) in the presence of school aged children. Nowhere is it stated that we should consider sexual relationships with children. It's simply sick. If you think it's ok, that makes you sick as well.

I hope you realize that thinking it's ok indicates that you have a problem and you accept that and/or seek help.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

"whether or not it appropriate for a professional adult to have sexual relations with high school students. "
Never in my life have I heard anyone make the case that your sex partners should be based on where you are in you career path. :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:ething being an ethical issue and a legal issue?
Re-read what he posted, what I posted and get back to me. Take your time.
So you're not saying that b/c it's ethically questionable that there should automatically be a law against it?
Where did I mention laws?
Nice job trying to weasle out of your own words.
Where did I mention laws?

I said that if something is unethical there should be a problem with it.

Achode seems to think that "oh well, unethical stuff not covered by law should just be given a pass..."

My take is that people should have a problem with it even without there being a law.

You can't put 1000000000000000000000000000000 laws on the books. It's not possible to regulate that much due to manpower, money etc.

if we could there'd probably be laws against the N-word, picking your nose in public, being a jerk etc.

social taboo counts for a lot.

for future reference just remember that when somebody challenges Achode, it's usually correct. His logic often has more holes in it than Brent Johnson.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

"Again, if you think this is ok, I hope it happens to your kids one day. You'll learn. Clearly, however, you know NOTHING about the field of education."

Wow, just wow :)

"I HOPE it happens to your kids"

I will make sure to save money to have my grandchildren schooled privately.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

tsblue wrote:"Again, if you think this is ok, I hope it happens to your kids one day. You'll learn. Clearly, however, you know NOTHING about the field of education."

Wow, just wow :)

"I HOPE it happens to your kids"

I will make sure to save money to have my grandchildren schooled privately.
That was a little over the top.

But I see glen's point. Educators that take their jobs as seriously as he does should be commended, even if that statement went past the boundaries of good taste.

I assume glen does not have kids, that's why he said it. I can't imagine anybody with kids saying that, even in jest. Since he's not a parent, I can forgive it.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller