Rockstar Mayhem Tour (for the metal listeners)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

rivermenfan33
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Rockstar Mayhem Tour (for the metal listeners)

Post by rivermenfan33 »

per Disturbed's MySpace

MULTIPLATINUM ROCK ACTS SLIPKNOT AND DISTURBED TO TOP THE BILL ON THE FIRST ANNUAL ROCKSTAR ENERGY MAYHEM FESTIVAL
TOUR TO KICK OFF JULY 9 IN SEATTLE
BURBANK, CA (January 31, 2008) – In what’s sure to be the hottest concert ticket of the summer, multi-platinum rock acts SLIPKNOT and DISTURBED will lead the first-ever ROCKSTAR ENERGY MAYHEM FESTIVAL, a riotous road show packed with some of hard music’s most influential artists and a plethora of the genre’s most exciting young voices. The tour is set to kick off July 9th at the White River Amphitheatre in Seattle and will hit 30 cities in the U.S. and Canada between early July and late August (a full itinerary will be announced in the coming weeks).
Joining Slipknot and Disturbed on the main stage will be DRAGONFORCE and MASTODON. In addition, the tour will have two second stages: one sponsored by JÄGERMEISTER and featuring SEVENDUST, AIRBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, 36 CRAZY FISTS and the JÄGERMEISTER Battle of The Bands Winner. An additional second stage will feature MACHINEHEAD, BLACK TIDE, SUICIDE SILENCE, THE RED CHORD and WALLS OF JERICHO.
“This summer we are truly bringing Mayhem,” says Corey Taylor from SLIPKNOT, who will close each show. “SLIPKNOT is excited to be a part of it, and to be able to bring the new chapter of our history to the masses. We are already working, building and designing a new show. We cannot wait. We cannot lose. Get ready for Mayhem!”
“We’re really looking forward to being on the first Mayhem tour,” adds DISTURBED vocalist David Draiman. “It’s a great lineup, which should set a new standard for rock tours and we’re excited to be a part of it!”
Adds Clown from SLIPKNOT, “The question is, are you ready for things to be real again?”
The Rockstar Energy Mayhem festival brings together the creative team that has founded many music tours including the highly successful Vans Warped Tour and the Worldwide Rockstar Taste of Chaos Tour. Kevin Lyman, John Reese and CAA’s Darryl Eaton have partnered again to bring fans the next great music festival juggernaut, which will be MAYHEM! Following the proven model of utilizing sponsorship to deliver a lower ticket price and an enhanced concert experience the tour organizers have joined forces again with ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK as the Title sponsor.
Live Nation is set to promote the festival nationally.
Jason Garner, Live Nation’s CEO of North American Music said, “Kevin, John and Darryl are the undisputed experts in creating fan friendly touring festivals that break new bands. So it’s very exciting for us to be working closely with them to build a new touring brand that can not only be a great attraction for hard music fans, but also a launching pad for new bands as well.”
“We wanted to create a traveling hard music festival that puts the fans first,” says Lyman. “We’re offering attendees an incredible value, one that features great bands, a plethora of music-related activities and a full day of fun at a very reasonable price of entry.”
Adds Reese, “The Vans Warped Tour and Rockstar Taste of Chaos tours have proven that fans will come in droves if you give them quality entertainment at a fair price. The bands on this Festival all kick major ass! We want attendees to go home and say, ‘We can’t wait for next year!’"
In addition to catching their favorite bands live, fans can take part in a number of festival activities, including playing the newest video games, perusing vendors, attending autograph signing sessions and a slew of other interactive activities that will add to the festival experience.
ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK will be sampling their products and providing great surprises for attendees. Additional sponsors include Jägermeister, HOT TOPIC and The DiNGSTORE.com (Device Personalization Company).
FUSE Television and Revolver Magazine (who will produce the Official Tour Program) have signed on as official Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival media partners. Additional sponsors will be announced soon.
“This festival will be our marquee music presentation for years to come,” says Rockstar Energy Drink Marketing Director Mike Kelso. “We at Rockstar are excited to team up with our partners from Rockstar Taste of Chaos to launch an all-out summer tour that will blow you away!”
Adds JÄGERMEISTER Director of Strategic Marketing Rick Zeiler, “Jägermeister has long been looking for a tour like Mayhem. We have this beautiful new million-dollar Jägermeister Mobile Stage and see no better place to roll it out than Mayhem with some of the biggest rock and metal bands in the world. This tour has integrity, value and most importantly...loyalty! Working with Kevin Lyman and John Reese has been great.”
Specific dates, cities and the tour’s Internet pre-sale will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can go to http://www.mayhemfest.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to keep up with details as they are released.

Mainstage: Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Mastodon
Jager 2nd Stage: Sevendust, Airbourne, Five Finger Death Punch, 36 Crazyfists, Battle of the Bands Winnar
Other 2nd Stage: Machine Head, Black Tide, Suicide Silence, The Red Chord, Walls of Jericho

pretty damn good tour i'd say. outside of a few bands (walls of jericho, 36 crazyfists, airbourne, who are a cheesy AC/DC rip off band)

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Rockstar Mayhem Tour (for the metal listeners)

Post by Ehijo »

I'd go just to see Mastodon. Saw them a couple of years ago. Incredible.

I use the intro to March of the Fire Ants as my cell phone ring tone. If you've heard the song you know why.

Blood and Thunder!

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Yeah, I'd go for Mastodon. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was saying that MAYHEM was going on tour. :lol:

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I would love to see Mastodon, but not at the expense of subjecting myself to rest of that lineup.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

This is why I'm so sick of these festival shows. I want to see like 2 bands out of that whole lineup. No way it's worth the ticket price for 2 bands.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

I like Slipknot, Disturbed, Mastodon, Sevendust , and Five Finger Death Punch. And one of my good friends who i go to these concerts with likes dragonforce and walls of jericho. So this will be one of the best metal concerts for us, as far as the numbers of bands to watch.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

If you guys like Mastodon (if you don't you don't know anything about nothing!) you should check out Swedish progressive metal band Isis. Great band. :okman:

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

Oh, and Cult of Luna too.

\m/

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Ehijo wrote:If you guys like Mastodon (if you don't you don't know anything about nothing!) you should check out Swedish progressive metal band Isis. Great band. :okman:
Swedish progressive metal band Isis? Are they somehow related to the post metal band from Boston?

:lol:

How can they have a Mayhem tour without Mayhem?

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Ehijo wrote:If you guys like Mastodon (if you don't you don't know anything about nothing!) you should check out Swedish progressive metal band Isis. Great band. :okman:
In Flames is better than Isis imo. Don't get me wrong, Isis is a great band, but i love In Flames.

Mastadon is amazing. There's no way in hell im paying money to see Slipknot though.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

TC

Post by TC »

In Flames is better than Isis imo. Don't get me wrong, Isis is a great band, but i love In Flames.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

ksbluesfan wrote:
Swedish progressive metal band Isis? Are they somehow related to the post metal band from Boston?

WTF. :oops:

You're actually right. Since they're great, I immediately assumed they were Swedish. :P

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Ehijo wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

WTF. :oops:

You're actually right. Since they're great, I immediately assumed they were Swedish. :P
I have to take credit for the good US bands because there aren't enough. I listen to a lot of Swedish metal, from Bathory to Marduk and from At The Gates to Therion. Only Norway has better black metal.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

bleh, thats some crappy metal, imo

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Kind of off topic, but I've really been getting into High on Fire lately. I've had Blessed Black Wings for at least a year, but I think Death Is Communion is even better.

rivermenfan33
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by rivermenfan33 »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:bleh, thats some crappy metal, imo
yeah well i posted metal because some people have different taste of what they call metal...slipknot/disturbed, then what other people do.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

Ruutu15 wrote:Yeah, I'd go for Mastodon. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was saying that MAYHEM was going on tour. :lol:
That is exactly what I thought. Now THAT would be a show to see.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I've already gone to a Disturbed show once to see someone else on the ticket.. Won't do it again, even though the opening band (Corrosion of Conformity) was a killer show.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I've already gone to a Disturbed show once to see someone else on the ticket.. Won't do it again, even though the opening band (Corrosion of Conformity) was a killer show.
That's cause Pepper Keenan is a pimp.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:bleh, thats some crappy metal, imo
Yeah, I haven't even heard of most of those bands. Disturbed did a good cover of Land of Confusion, but that's about the extent of my interest in them.

I'd only go to this if GWAR was playing.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.